Thread: Flying motorcycle expected to launch next year

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Flying motorcycle expected to launch next year

The Dutch developer of a flying motorcycle says he and his backers are in talks with several Canadian companies about becoming the world's first manufacturer of the futuristic vehicle aimed at revolutionizing personal transportation.

The Dutch firm Spark Design claims the vehicle — which looks like a cross between a helicopter and a fully faired bike — will be able to take off and land vertically and reach 125mph.

The rotor and propeller are folded until the machine needs to fly. Once airborne the rear-mounted propeller pushes the craft along and the unpowered main rotor spins to give the craft lift. It is designed to fly under the 4,000ft threshold used by commercial aircraft.

They say that provided sufficient investment continues to be made, it could be ready for test flights in as little as a year.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    -
    How can the main rotor spin to give the craft lift if it is unpowered? Bags not being first to test the thing.

Bike
    Thinking
    Awwww Fuck how hard will it be now to get my knee down!!!!!!!!
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    How can the main rotor spin to give the craft lift if it is unpowered? Bags not being first to test the thing.
    Bob didn't post the link - it's actually an autogyro, not a helicopter.

http://www.sparkdesign.nl/actueel/20...1013press.html

And I dunno that you could call it a motorcycle; it looks like that strange tilty Scarver, with two rear wheels and one front one, and it's 1.2m high, 4m long, and 1(?)m wide. More like a 3-wheeled car.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by firestormer

And I dunno that you could call it a motorcycle; it looks like that strange tilty Scarver, with two rear wheels and one front one, and it's 1.2m high, 4m long, and 1(?)m wide. More like a 3-wheeled car.
    Odd you should mention the tilty-bike thing - it was designed by the same people.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Well I dont want one

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    The Dutch developer of a flying motorcycle says he and his backers are in talks with several Canadian companies about becoming the world's first manufacturer of the futuristic vehicle aimed at revolutionizing personal transportation.

The Dutch firm Spark Design claims the vehicle — which looks like a cross between a helicopter and a fully faired bike — will be able to take off and land vertically and reach 125mph.

The rotor and propeller are folded until the machine needs to fly. Once airborne the rear-mounted propeller pushes the craft along and the unpowered main rotor spins to give the craft lift. It is designed to fly under the 4,000ft threshold used by commercial aircraft.

They say that provided sufficient investment continues to be made, it could be ready for test flights in as little as a year.

My type of flying involves both wheels on the ground, just.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    XJR1200, Honda CB1/400
    I want one of those.
    Age is too high a price to pay for maturity

Bike
    MV 910 R Brutale...
    try one of these.......

Looks FUN

Bit expensive tho

flying you want???
    Because I can......................

Thread Information