Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tues Ride 26 Feb

Bike
    Hornet

Tues Ride 26 Feb

Hey ppl

After not getting a chance last weekend to ride and since I'm going away on business this week, who'd like to join me for a ride after work on Tues?

Details:

Rain: Probably won't go
    When: 6.30pm @ Uni gym Symonds St
    Ride plan: 2-3 hrs Maybe head up north and cut across Woodcocks Rd to Warkworth and then double back.
    Pace/level: Ideally an advanced ride, HOWEVER if a few learners are keen then we will make sure that it is a learner-friendly/safe ride.
    Bike & Gear: Pls make sure your bike is up to scratch i.e. tyres, brakes, chain etc and that you are wearing appropriate open-road riding gear

Post your interest if ya want and I'll try and sneak a peak at KB from work tomorrow, otherwise just meet me at uni.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
    Gone
    First day of work tomorrow, but if that ends by 6.30PM, I'm so in it's not even funny

Bike
    Hornet
    Sweet. BTW: What's the deal with the SV650 listing in your avatar? When did you get that? Why have you still got that beat up 'ol CBR?

Bike
    Too many to count
    i dunno if i'll come on this one...

wouldn't want to embarass the hornet

Bike
    Hornet
    Two things MB:

1. A new paint job don't make your bike go faster!
    2. You aint been riding properly for 3 months now!!

But seriously, is the Fixxer goin now?

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Sweet. BTW: What's the deal with the SV650 listing in your avatar? When did you get that? Why have you still got that beat up 'ol CBR?
    Haven't you heard?

He loves his CBR too much, it's got nostalgic (if you know what I mean) values

Bike
    97 T595
    hey guys, im keen but dont want to travel in to the city.
    im out west ,will you guys be going past westgate .i can meet you all there bout 7
    my cell is 0273218517,txt if cooool

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by gtr boy View Post
    hey guys, im keen but dont want to travel in to the city.
    im out west ,will you guys be going past westgate .i can meet you all there bout 7
    my cell is 0273218517,txt if cooool
    Hi

Be at Shell Westgate from 6.50pm if you're keen to come. Weather looks good!

Bike
    97 T595
    c u @ westgate

Bike
    Too many to count
    yeap, looks like i couldn't make the ride - didn't get home from work (if you could call it that, i was riding the fxr all day putting up flyers) till 8:45... had to finish the job cause my other employer desperately needs me... if only they didn't both call at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    Two things MB:

1. A new paint job don't make your bike go faster!
    2. You aint been riding properly for 3 months now!!

But seriously, is the Fixxer goin now?
    1. i didn't want to repaint it in the first place - now i'm going to be shit scared of scratching it... which is exactly why the old man made me fix it

2. squiggles found yet another mint set of fairings on TM, and even if i pay $1000 for those and $275 for that tank at atomic, it'd still be cheaper than the current painting mission. counting lost earnings i'm about $2500 poorer for not just paying uncle to have it done before xmas. plus i found this site

and currently the fixxer needs me to tighten the chain... it was always going, just i want to keep it that way

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    2. squiggles found yet another mint set of fairings on TM, and even if i pay $1000 for those and $275 for that tank at atomic, it'd still be cheaper than the current painting mission. counting lost earnings i'm about $2500 poorer for not just paying uncle to have it done before xmas. plus i found this site
    You have another message.

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

and currently the fixxer needs me to tighten the chain... it was always going, just i want to keep it that way
    Like we were talking at Nish's B'day party, just get some professional to do it.

Most of the time it just works out cheaper and plus, you could've been working and making cash instead of slaving around...

Oh that site, it's pretty good but it's exactly that same sort stuff from ebay Hong Kong, I'd be surprised if it isn't.

Good Luck bro..

Bike
    Hornet
    I dunno, these ppl with crashed bikes...

Ride was good by the way. Hooked up with Raj and Craig for a burn up 16 and over to Warkworth. I nearly ran over a free range chicken 3kms out of Warkworth!! I would have strapped the chicken to the handlebars of my bike for dinner (hunted deer style), if I did hit it that is...

Rode through some lime sludge stuff during roadworks for about 1km which then dried to my bike and went everywhere. I had to pull into Washworld at 9pm last night and waterblast her down - but some of that shit is still on my bike.

Here's hoping the weather is good this weekend for some more riding!

Bike
    97 T595

dirty road works

yeah that sludge stuff went every where.still havnt clean the heap yet.
    was a brilliant ride ,you guys ride f n choice
    im keen if weathers good this weekend but working till 12 lunchtime sat.
    will keep eyes on forums for next 1 .

Bike
    MC19
    I hit those same road works twice when i went up there earlier in the day. The sludge stuff was a pain to clean off and there is still some on my bike as well.

Thread Information