Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need a ride (8 March)

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900

I need a ride (8 March)

hey guys n gals,
    as some of you may know that there is a private function happening this weekend on the 8th of march that is INVITE ONLY

as those people who are attending will know i am bikeless and potentially vehicleless and would really appreciate a ride down.....im workin till 3.30ish but should be free and ready by that time.....

im asking my dad if i can borrow the car but apparently there is something wrong with the wheel bearing and he's unsure whether it will be alright to drive at high speeds.....hopefully he will lemme take the car but id like to have a back up ready just in case....

gimme a text or pm me or just post up if i am able to hitch a ride and i will happily chip in more than my fair share of petrol, meat and drinks

027 323 2289 or
    021 119 5747
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Bike
    Hornet
    I've got some friends leaving at 4.30pm (unless you can find something else).

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Will talk to 'the boss' - don't think she's ready for a Coro look on the VTR, also not sure she'd like some of the necessary manouvres from the back of the 'storm...

(That, and the 'storm still has distrubingly bald tyres while I try and wangle my way towards a new set and decide between Avons and Contis...)

I could take one for the team again and take the Big-Silver-Fairing as a support vehicle?
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    Too many to count
    might be a good idea...

if for whatever reason the viffer isn't roadworthy i might need a ride, or be taking passengers in the mighty starlet

Bike
    bucket of rusty old Italian bolts
    If the weather looks dodgy ( or I might just take it for a run anyway ) I'll be taking the MG ( BGT - that's an old British sports car for the uneducated ) so I'd have room for someone and their gear. I can leave whenever suits. PM me or 021 136 3872.
    PS: I'm real cheap for drinks too, 'cos I don't drink

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST View Post
    If the weather looks dodgy ( or I might just take it for a run anyway ) I'll be taking the MG ( BGT - that's an old British sports car for the uneducated ) so I'd have room for someone and their gear. I can leave whenever suits. PM me or 021 136 3872.
    PS: I'm real cheap for drinks too, 'cos I don't drink
    OMG but but but hanne might need a lift too, so i cant ride in the cool car

Bike
    First in first served I say, can't be fairer than that. So who's going to be first then?

Jeez don't get too excited. The British were never known for being to "out there", and there "sports cars" are not very "sporty" by todays standards. Mind you, I would have thought I was the man if I had owned my car brand new back in 1973. "The poor man's E Type" they used to call it... Shame my race car ( another MG BGT ) isn't going at the moment - I would have raced a motorbike there at highly illegal speeds no worries. Dang that would have been REAL good fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 421.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	88345  

Bike
    hey guys cheers for the offers and im number 1 on the list mgst!!! my dad has said i can take the car but i might still hitch a ride....better for the environment and its always more fun travelling in a group.....what time you guys thinking bout headin back???

i got work on sunday at 5pm so prolly best if i drive down myself coz then i can fuck off wheneva and the rest of yous can party on!!!

Bike
    OK Bomma Yeah I got to be back in Auckland early / mid Sunday afternoon too, so sounds like we are on the same time frame. Let me know for sure if you want a ride in case other people want / need a ride.

Bike
    RC46 VFR800 in yellow, VTR250, ÜberFXR
    Sweet Bomma -

I'd go the MG too having driven them once or twice before - heaps of fun, if infuriatingly British! Our Toyota can't compete - it's a mere transport appliance - competent in a sterile, boring kind of way.

R
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxesdaphat View Post
    V4! VFR800s sound like some sort of alien rocket-ship coming to probe all of our women and destroy our cities

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by MGST View Post
    OK Bomma Yeah I got to be back in Auckland early / mid Sunday afternoon too, so sounds like we are on the same time frame. Let me know for sure if you want a ride in case other people want / need a ride.
    Hey bro, if you're cruising down with Bomma, you O.K with giving me a ride also?

Or whatever who driving who is happy to offer a ride.

Happy to throw petrol your way.

Let me know on 02102577066/0273205236

Bike
    It's a sports car ( read: 2 seats only ), so can't really fit everybody in. I've got a towbar on it if you got a trailer?

Bike
    hey bro if any of you fullas have had their full for more than two years and dont mind riding shotgun (as if) then i could just take my car down.....it'll fit an easy 4 or a comfy 5....just an idea....i was planning on spending the night in the car coz i cudnt be arsed forkin out for accomodation and too lazy to organise a tent

if not then yep looks like its gonna be mgst and bomma take on the world

Bike
    Hornet
    All the invited bikers are going in bloody cages

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Fark, you are all pussy's. I will, of course, be riding down.

Thread Information