Page 48 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: #6

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Well I finally brought myself to butcher the best pipe I've ever made. Now it fits the H100. Gary owes me for emotional stress big time. Before and after pics below. I had to justify it by considering what could be done prior to the GP for best effect and the pipe wins by a mile. A couple of runs on the dyno on Friday to confirm jetting and it'll be all good.
    Shoelaces are untied...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Yamaha Sport Vid cam from my brother. Cool kit including 2 batteries, number of different mounts, motion detection, a remote control, and a whole load of other stuff. Check the specs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2168 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	230.8 KB 
ID:	294987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2169 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	294988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2167 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	294986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2170 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	294989  

Bike
    Several
    Looks decent!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Cool! Those ones have always looked like they maybe rebranded GoPro's / slightly changed for yamaha. So should be really good! Good score!

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Yamaha Sport Vid cam from my brother. Cool kit including 2 batteries, number of different mounts, motion detection, a remote control, and a whole load of other stuff. Check the specs.
    Just remember it's for your son!!!!

Hope he enjoys it, Cheers
    If you're not living on the edge you're not leaning over far enough

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I thought about who it was for after I posted and thought it might be taken as me being a bit possessive.

Anyway, been to the dyno again, just checking a few things. The bike is a bit sad with the big ding in the bottom of the pipe after the shock mounting bolt broke. I dragged up a few other runs for comparison

Run1 black is Gary's bike with Dave's H100 cylinder and the fat pipe.
    Run2 blue is Gary's MB100 engine with the fat pipe.
    Run3 red is my MB100 with the flattened pipe
    Run 5 purple is my motor with the fat pipe.

Run 1 is interesting with the double hump, obviously a mismatch there which is no surprise
    Run 2 is a pretty good match for a JCR CB150T but the whole bike weighed 20-30Kg less.
    Run 5 without tuning anything would make an awesome kart track engine with a huge fat curve.

My good engine has a problem with 6th gear which is odd as with the gearing and the revs it does 6th is never used. It kept jumping in and out of gear on the dyno.

I'm about to put Dave's motor back together with a modified ex port and nothing else. If Gary is OK with it we'll fit the fat pipe. Then I can use my shortstroke bottom end and play with the three 52mm cylinders and try different pipes. I have a new pipe which is still to be assembled but as it is designed specifically for the port layout that was in Gary's MB100 before I blew it up I'm expecting to get a few more hp, plus I never did get the porting finished so fingers crossed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140316_181654 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	295011  

Bike
    Several
    I thought about who it was for after I posted and thought it might be taken as me being a bit possessive.

Anyway, been to the dyno again, just checking a few things. The bike is a bit sad with the big ding in the bottom of the pipe after the shock mounting bolt broke. I dragged up a few other runs for comparison

Run1 black is Gary's bike with Dave's H100 cylinder and the fat pipe.
    Run2 blue is Gary's MB100 engine with the fat pipe.
    Run3 red is my MB100 with the flattened pipe
    Run 5 purple is my motor with the fat pipe.

Run 1 is interesting with the double hump, obviously a mismatch there which is no surprise
    Run 2 is a pretty good match for a JCR CB150T but the whole bike weighed 20-30Kg less.
    Run 5 without tuning anything would make an awesome kart track engine with a huge fat curve.

My good engine has a problem with 6th gear which is odd as with the gearing and the revs it does 6th is never used. It kept jumping in and out of gear on the dyno.

I'm about to put Dave's motor back together with a modified ex port and nothing else. If Gary is OK with it we'll fit the fat pipe. Then I can use my shortstroke bottom end and play with the three 52mm cylinders and try different pipes. I have a new pipe which is still to be assembled but as it is designed specifically for the port layout that was in Gary's MB100 before I blew it up I'm expecting to get a few more hp, plus I never did get the porting finished so fingers crossed.
    What happened to 30 hp?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    What happened to 30 hp?
    Beat me to it... Different bike is my guess.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Beat me to it... Different bike is my guess.
    i think just a low reading dyno. useing as a tuning device rather than worrying about max hp readings .. well thats my guess

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It was less than 30hp after the last rebuild. I used the same size piston as the original which in conjunction with wear in the bore made it a little bit looser than optimal. Plus there may have been a bit more hp missing for other reasons. That graph was also with the the pipe after it had been flattened. I'll be yanking the motor out and having a look at it this weekend. If I'm feeling wealthy I might fit a new piston and ring, along with a new 6th gear. Dave and Gary have been making the engines look a lot better than they actually have been, though Gary's motor had a monster spread of power. The dyno does read low but only about 15%.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Monster spread? How can you tell without revs? Or just compared to another engine you do know?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Two MB engines are built. Dave's H100 is back in his bike with small mods to the exhaust. Bit of work yet and we need to get him enthused again after a difficult season on the 600. The MB in Gary's bike is my short stroke bottom end and my old MB cylinder and his ignition. Time was of the essence so nothing is machined. I've measured the other 2 52mm cylinders and know what I need to do but need time. Gary was working on it today so hopefully we'll be able to run it up next weekend.

I've also been busy fitting the WB lambda sensor from Ecotrons to the FZR. I've also fitted the 128g injectors. I took out all the start fuel enrichment but had to add a bit to get it started and then it was off and running with a few tweaks. I tried the autotune function but without a brake to hold it at steady revs and load I could only work the very low throttle settings. I manually tuned a few other sectors of the maps and you could easily see the gauge step up and down and the digital readout alter. I've wired up the rpm input to an injector wire so can record lambda versus rpm using the software provided. It works pretty good but that bit is only really useful for the TPS MAP as the VE map steps around with revs with no adjustment in throttle so you never really know which cell was being used at any time unless you are actually looking. I have to try and split the screen so I can see what's happening with the lambda at which cell in the VE table. I'll also need to get 2 RS232-USB adaptors working at the same time for inputs from the ECU and the ALM lambda sensor. A quick play this arvo had it sounding crisp with the lambda hanging round .8+. It still doesn't like going over 16,000 and there's a few things I need to check. I thought it still leaned off a bit up high but need to check further.

If anyone in Auckland has a brake dyno or even just a brake I could use I could get into the autotuning properly. I don't need to measure the power it's making, the only thing I'm interested in is the mixture which I can read off the gauge and the PC.

If anyone in Auckland has a brake dyno or even just a brake I could use I could get into the autotuning properly. I don't need to measure the power it's making, the only thing I'm interested in is the mixture which I can read off the gauge and the PC.
    We have one at the workshop. It is 1960s era and made for a car, but was chopped down and rewelded to stop guys putting their cars on it. So still quite wide for a bike but that doesn't really affect steady state. The biggest problem is that it currently has no front wheel cradle for a bike.

I would probably use it as a last resort but if you get stuck I can check that the others are okay with it and you can whip up a bit of steel to hold the bike in place and bolt it on. Also a few guys around who have played the fuel injection game before who would be keen to check out the project/ offer advise.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Hell yes. I'd be keen to drag the bike over for a measure and then glue something together at my mate Darren's workshop. He may even be interested in running his bike on it as well, if he ever stops pissing round with those horrible carb things. PM me the details of where you are and I'll try and jack up a time.

I went and collected the small amount of date I saved from Sunday. It looks like the injector pulsewidth is still topping out at about 7.5ms at about 15,000rpm and the indicators are that it isn't rich. Pretty good graphs show it is leanish through lower revs. Easy to fix if into the TPS map, not so easy to identify where the problem is if at part throttle in the VE map.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    It looks like the injector pulsewidth is still topping out at about 7.5ms at about 15,000rpm and the indicators are that it isn't rich. Pretty good graphs show it is leanish through lower revs.
    4 stroke at 15,000 rpm / 2 = 7,500 firing cycles per min.
    7,500 / 60 = 125 cycles per sec.
    1/125 = 0.008 or 8mS

At 15,000 rpm with 720 degrees between firing events it takes 8ms per cycle.

If you allowed 0.5ms in the Ecotrons advanced calibration settings (min close time) for the injector to close then at 7.5ms pulse width your injectors have topped out.

Yes, it looks like you need even bigger injectors to be able to run above 15,000 rpm.

Thread Information