Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So, explain the core please?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The core is going to be positioned above the throttle bodies and goes the full width of the chassis. The outlet of the turbo goes up and feeds into the bottom on the left half. It travels up to the top tank, across the top, and down the right side into the throttle bodies. I'm going to make ducts that feed air from the front of the bike to the intercooler. I'll also make a fuel tank that fits between the seat and the intercooler leaving a space for the cooling air to pass through the core. There may be louvres involved.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Very nearly finished with the flanges. Just need to drill the 2 holes in the flange to bolt to the turbo, left one. The other one will probably have a bit more machined off once I figure out how it's going to fit to the bottom of the intercooler core. Inside the turbo flange is 2.5° from about 5mm in through to the start of the other flange. Then the angle changes in 5° steps to 25°(per side) where it will open to the core. I'm not holding them together very well in the photo. When I do I can't see where they join. The OD where the connecting hose will be is 36mmOD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	354703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	354704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2569.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	354705  

Bike
    Exercycle
    Can you do a tank like mine but smaller ? Mine was intended for BoB race length.

What about a tank cover/engine cover done in mesh over a light frame.
    Feed air in via the OE fairing ducts through the frame.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I'm thinking of starting to mock up a tank tomorrow. The main mount will be the standard rear tank mount. The forward mount(s) will probably end up being the top bolts for the sub-frame. I suspect it will be about 5L when finished.

The bits of tube I have made aren't going to work. I'll be able to retain the turbo bit after a change but I'll make a new 2nd part to weld to the first. A 45° elbow from Mikunioz will fit and connect to the plenum. The elbow is 34mm ID so the alloy will have a reasonable taper.

Thread Information