Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking Noobs?

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24

Angry Parking Noobs?

Is there anything that can be done about them...? and im not talking about the wardens lol

Ive noticed a few times bikes parked in the bike parking at uni in such a way that it takes 2 or more bike parking spaces.

one such example is a scooter on symonds st that doesn't appear to have a stand or something cus the rider wedges it against the pavement and then stops like 4 bike parking in a perfectly good parking space. if they where to leave it by a tree or something up against the pavement it wouldn't be such a problem another thing is it could fall over and if someones bike was unfortunately parked too close I bet will ensue

please note im not picking on scooters only im just using that as an example.. even seen bigger bikes parking in similar inefficient ways
    Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can fly

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    OK, I'll admit it, I can't park my bike for shit! I don't have to park it in a bike park very often and when I do I'm always so afraid of getting too close to someone else's bike that I tend to park too far away. It's a source of amusement for others watching me have six attempts at hauling 200kgs of bike about to wedge it in. I know, practice!!!

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    well thats a different story.

what im talking about is the when the rest of the bikes are almost at a 90 (on symonds st its abit less) degree angle to the pavement someone has parked parallel to the pavement

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Ohhh, now that's just stupid!! Someone trying to park a bike (or yeah, normally scooters) like a car.

Bike
    -
    There's a guy with an L-plated black and red 2008 Hyosung GT250R who can't park for shit at Tamaki. Everybody else is parking parallel with the yellow cross-lines, he chooses to park parallel with the traffic island thing and take up all the room. Has done it at least three times. Might leave an angry Jim2 note.

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    yeah, isaw that scooter today! Only 4 other scooters had come and parked at 90 degrees in front of it, locking it in. Apparently they have done so for over a week now, but the silver scooter still hasn't got the message.....

Oh, if the 'big bike' was the kwaka 1100 parked under science the other day at the opposite angle to everyone else then Stephen left them a picture. A nice picture, showing how parallel looks and why it is an awfully good idea. Except they haven't been back...

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Pulled up at local shops the other day to see a couple of hogs.. each in their own full size parking space.. but get this.. facing forward... which just so happens to be downhill... couple of maori's with tassles standing there trying to look like tough bikers... I back my bike in next to them... they asked my why bother backing it in etc... takes ages rar rar rar... I just half laugh and and tell them i'll watch while they just about need a tow truck to get theirs out of the parking space... moments later I pulled away only to see them both pushing each bike out.. with what looked like great difficulty...

Their called "noobs" every place has them. Just remember that half the people on scoots are not 'bikers' but just after cheap transport. Why would they care that real bikes cant park there safely??

Move them. I would. Or take a photo of their crap arse parking and then put it up on the noticeboard - "dumb parking of the month".
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    GSF1200sk3, DR650k6
    Blog Entries
    I park in a park , for a car
    and i use all the fucken park i can
    i dont want to come back and see it on the ground cause of some one else

Bike
    AX100 "Poppy"
    Blog Entries
    yeah, but you also don't want someone in a hurry to pull into that park and 'not see' you.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education ~ Mark Twain

Vegetarian Motorcyclists Unite

Bike
    '08 DR650
    We be daring enough in the underground to "rotate you" if you dare to take up too much space, i couldnt move the zzr1100 (too fucken heavy), just left a note showing he was messing up our skilled and efficient display of tesselated machines

Bike
    1987 VFR400 NC24
    Yea its kinda annoying we trying to get more parking for bikes. but if everyone parks like nubs then it wont really help haha.

I like that idea about taking a pic and putting this person fails at parking all over uni

Bike
    GSF1200sk3, DR650k6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    We be daring enough in the underground to "rotate you" if you dare to take up too much space, i couldnt move the zzr1100 (too fucken heavy), just left a note showing he was messing up our skilled and efficient display of tesselated machines
    You wouldnt touch it
    not unless i didnt know who did

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    I get little notes to say my parking is good all the time...

Usually says "Parking, Fine"
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    You wouldnt touch it
    not unless i didnt know who did
    just today me and dan moved squiggle's TL... it wasn't parked badly it's just that there was 2 thirds of a gap either side of him since other bikes had come and gone and nowhere else for dan to park without making life very difficult for all three of us

several times now i've simply picked up and rotated scooters the are parking inconsiderately

would've moved that zzr1100 but it was too heavy, and i saw the note

oddly enough, i wouldnt mind people doing the same to me. aslong as there's no damage (though i do deliberately park so as to not be in anyone's way

who parked that old red 500 today? was going to move that if the TL was too heavy

Bike
    Phurball's Mountain Bike and CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I park in a park , for a car
    and i use all the fucken park i can
    i dont want to come back and see it on the ground cause of some one else
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
    yeah, but you also don't want someone in a hurry to pull into that park and 'not see' you.
    was doing defensive driving (how ironic is this) and parked my vtr250 in a car slot.....2hrs later came out to find it on the ground after a car had hit it and had done a runner.......

in my opnion i dont think we should touch someone else's bike, unless you know the person very fucking well.....i know i would be pretty fucked off if i came out and found that my bike had been moved

think stevo had the right idea, leave em a note and give them a chance to correct their behaviour......give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime
    "Rock is dead" - Jim Morrison

Keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel

Thread Information