Thread: Hornet gets USD forks as standard

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Hornet gets USD forks as standard

Honda used the Bologna Motor Show to unveil the latest version of the Hornet 600. The Hornet becomes the first in its class to wear upside-down forks. They are adjustable for preload.

It also features a new sportier front hugger and sportsbike clocks with a digital speed readout. Apparantly the engine is almost unchanged.

Full specifications (in Italian) and pictures have been posted on the Honda Italia website:

http://www.hondaitalia.com/moto/default.html - look for the Hornet 600 under 'Novita 2005' . The colour schemes are all displayed under 'scelta cromatica'.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    !
    I am liking very much! I want!
    Good they've put a tidy little flyscreen on there too.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800 Road

eek Sting!

Looks like it would have a nasty sting to it - especially in that crazy colour!

Not sure if I like the speedo/dash display though?

Bike
    06 Ducati Monster S4RS, 04 Ducati 749R

New Hornet

Very nice - looks like Honda are styling up a bit, maybe to compete with the naked Kawasakis? I have just taken delivery of a 900 Hornet so will be interested to see if Honda do same with the big one. By the way if anyone is interested in getting a 900 Hornet: now is a good time to go for it because Honda are specialing them at $10,995 which is a bargain I reckon. Sawyers in Wellington did a great job in getting me a blue one, I have only ridden it once so far (Sawyers to Home) so have not got to know it properly yet however it does look nice in my garage. Have just collected a Givi screen - might not fit that straight away so that I can tell what benefit I get out of it (hopefully will not spoil the naked look too much).
    pretentious moi?

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FAZER 600S
    Very rare to see anything other than a Blue 900 in the U.k. et al,actually rare to see one at all,never been very popular(you can get them cheaper than 600s in a lot of places).Dont know why as I`ve ridden one and they`re nice enough,honestly prefer my Fazer though,reckon Honda took too much "edge" off the Blade motor.600 Hornet was way overdue for an up-date and now the new Fazer`s being sold at discount and finally catching on I doubt they`ve done enough to challenge Yamaha.Dont think N.Z. got the old 600 Fazer,your loss because it`s a great bike and more practical than the Hornet,centre-stand,much better fuel consumption/capacity,unfortunately also bastard ugly as a look at my avatar will confirm.New one however,particularly the naked one,is very nice.

Thread Information