Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JIALING HONDA 50cc? or other bike for begginer with "limited" budget

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA

JIALING HONDA 50cc? or other bike for begginer with "limited" budget

Hi guys, Im looking for my first bike and came across with this one and just want to get some opinion from you guys...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-145958000.htm

It needs registration and assembly but I guess I can do it...

My budget is about $1500+ so I thought this would be perfect, but should I get something else?

I want anything but not Scooter and it have to be manual! Is there anything else you can reccomend and on sale??

Or should I just be realistic and get cheap scooter??

Bike
    hornetalicious
    hey bud welcome to being a biker..or becoming one...but your already there in spirit..i personally wouldnt want to ride around in a 50cc manual bike..but i know what a budget means and its a pain when your restricted to a certain amount you can spend..nonetheless im sure you could find a suzuki fxr150 for 2k..thats the amount i sold mine for anywhere and she was nothing short of a gem..you could also go for a 2nd hand gn125...i will look up tomorrow for ya sum on trademe and post it up..im just extremely tired from writing my blimen report to do it now..good luck anyways and welcome to the awesome world of motorcycles..
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    fxr's can be gotten for as little as $1800 for a decent one, gn's can also be gotten cheap, as can dual purpose 250's I'd stay clear of the 50cc manual, not enough guts for safe city use

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Like everybody has been saying...

I vouch that you save up a few hundy more and get yourself something with a litte more balls and reputation.

You could always offer Steven a few hundy for his SUPER-STURDY GN's.

Or maybe you scourer the wreckers and convince him to piece you up with crap-ola salsa of a bike.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Just buy a FXR for around $2000 to 2200. Dont forget to include capital for safety gears. Get a decent reputable Japan made bike and not the China made bikes (with the exception of a GN). Trust me you wont have problem with repairs and parts. FXR150 has super reliable engines and try to stay away from 2 stroke engines as first bikes. If you need help give us a a yell and we will accompany you to have a look at the bikes.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by klyong82 View Post
    Just buy a FXR for around $2000 to 2200. Dont forget to include capital for safety gears. Get a decent reputable Japan made bike and not the China made bikes (with the exception of a GN). Trust me you wont have problem with repairs and parts. FXR150 has super reliable engines and try to stay away from 2 stroke engines as first bikes. If you need help give us a a yell and we will accompany you to have a look at the bikes.
    Kim is a top bloke and he is full of interesting advice.

I can say from personal experience he knows the roads of Naki pretty well, that is, if you decide to head down that way.

Just make sure you pump him up full of food/caffeine or he get's cranky..

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by HungusMaximist View Post
    Kim is a top bloke and he is full of interesting advice.

I can say from personal experience he knows the roads of Naki pretty well, that is, if you decide to head down that way.

Just make sure you pump him up full of food/caffeine or he get's cranky..
    Well i wish we had more time to do some sight seeing since we travelled so far. Crazy drive but exciting. Yeah got a little cranky on the way back....haha!! Well my current car wont do long trips hahaa
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Too many to count
    if you buy that bike, remember to budget for helmet $200, gloves $80 and jacket $300, plus you'll pretty quickly want some new tyres that actually maintain traction $200(?). the SMC can help with discounts and finding prices lower than the ballpark mid range figures i just pulled from my ass.

12 months full insurance cover $300-$500 (pays to register it under a parent with you as a named rider)

NZ MOTO ltd. doesn't turn up on google, so i suspect that seller could be bullshitting you and trying to pass off chinese crap as a honda.

how hard pushed would you be to get a slightly bigger bike? (you'd need 80 bucks for the bike licence). an FXR150 is a very good learner bike, and cheap too. once saw one sell for $1500, but expect to see $1800-$2800 in auckland. winter will work in your favour on this one

it's advised to have someone who knows what they're looking at look at any bike before buying. feel free to ask, we'd love an excuse to go tyre kicking and test pilot-ing

then again, it might actually be a honda and be very reliable. if you want to be our ginuea pig by all means do buy it and report your findings

welcome to biking!

Bike
    Too many to count
    13 FXR listings on trademe right now

could probably get this one for $1800 - bikes rarely see 70,000kms mainly due to cars, but it'd definetly pay to check she's not about to explode.

note most fxrs are from 5000 to 30000kms and all cost the same. price variation is mainly due to damage and sellers trying to make money on them.

just remember the 0-250cc bike doesn't depreciate, so losing money isn't an issue provided you insure it (another $300)

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    we'd love an excuse to go tyre kicking and test pilot-ing
    my fav part

Bike
    hornetalicious
    ohh..ohhh..can i come tyre kickin??..pls pls..i promise to be nice when inspecting the potential bikes....
    For those of you whose use the fast lane on motorways and only do a 100km/hr, can you pls use the middle lane, some of us like to ride at 105km/hr thank you very much.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    These guys are right. You'd even be better off with a second hand GN250. This thing is a steaming pile of turd.

Bike
    2004 snow white, k1 beast
    yea man dont ever buy a 50cc, i mean an fxr has just enough power to get u on the motorway and shel almost be redlining but they do the job for new riders. so out of all bikes to start on i recommend the FXR150, look hot and have some guts.
    Terrorist are people too.....

Bike
    hornetalicious
    now now ...u wont be redlining on the motorway..you'll only redline at 145 km/hr..top legal motorway speed is 100km/hr and so you'll be fine at that speed.....i know this as i owned an fxr..soo yea you'll be sweet as even at 110...motor will be revving high though as its a single cylinder but thats just the way their built...

Bike
    B12
    that Moto 50 is the gayest thing I have ever seen.

Keep a look out for Gilera Dna's. they are rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Thread Information