Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got some points, won my first race and a guy in tight leathers

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries

Got some points, won my first race and a guy in tight leathers

Early Sunday....

For the perfect weekend: TAKE 1 pair of trackpants, a comfy couch to sit on less than 20 metres from your snuggly bed, margeritas to down, the company of good folk, good music playin and of course….bucket racing ADD you have no preschooler to attend to for almost 48 hours! OMG

Sunday started about 4 hours after I went to bed on what I thought was Saturday. Drizzly and misty but not too cold out. I showered, popped on the polyprops (try saying that fast 12 times) packed up all the food in the house (which we didn't touch) and rolled into the Ewwwdesy to get my erse down to the Slipway.

Got to the track through all the fog and hadn't really worried about the concept of rain and slipperiness at that point - I was just on a mission to get there.

Ended up entered in both the ‘Learners’ and ‘Open buckets’. We are very lucky that we have two bikes between us so Sully and I can just swap all day (thanks babe for being generous when we had the 'teething problems' too - I know I got way more riding in than you xx)

The arrangement:
    I rode the Lead Sled in the learner races and the teeny little silver RG50 when Sully rides in Open Buckets. Pretty fine plan me thinks

The pics:

* There was this guy called AJ, who needed to visit Deano in his quasi tent cos he had really tight leathers on and given the effort it took to get him dressed up the notion of taking his leathers off again to put on the backprotector he decided to tape it ONTO himself....oh AJ....

* The lovely waving man, seated on our nifty 50 eating his sandwiches, what’s that about?!...Lead sled in background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Don't breath AJ!.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	91133   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smlAJ.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	385.0 KB 
ID:	91134   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sick rides.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	439.5 KB 
ID:	91135  

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    part 2:

How'd it go?
    Felt really goofy to begin with on the Lead Sled which at first I felt really disappointed in myself for but, then I kicked my own erse and just kept going.

But wait….Then there was a parting of the mists in my 4 hour slept in brain as I realised I was trying to change gear in reverse pattern. So used to the SV just on automatic

Chanting now: heave up to go down gears, push down to go up gears....say it again 58 times then you should be cured.

Once I figured that out I came rightish. Going to the left was interesting, last time I got there after they'd changed direction already so I was more relaxed about the notion of going clockwise verses anticlockwise, but upon reflection I think I was cornering better and feeling more comfortable going to the left which I used to feel the opposite about.

Then - I went out with the big boys, trying to maintain 'polite' lines and keeping clear as much as possible for the fast guys while trying to get myself along on the wee 50...farrrk!!!!

PICS:

Babe on bucket leads cute boy in hot green leathers.

Sully comes up on Kendogs behind awww I nordie

moi and moi smiling at the cameraman
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trudes leads Moo.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	91136   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KendogSully.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	243.9 KB 
ID:	91137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moi.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	209.7 KB 
ID:	91138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smile!.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	91139  

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Knee down -final installment

The hip cramps I have today from that RG50!!

Well atleast I mastered crash starting that one…phew. Sully one probably could too! - ya literally just push it along in second while giving it a little throttle and your away! I like that...much much easier than the Lead Sled - crikey I thought I was gonna die and farrk it pissed me off that it kept beating me. Then - Sully decided to fix the timing and things got much better

The little RG50 earned me my first knee down moments ever! It happened twice (anticlockwise only) and no I was not 'trying' - it came as a completely unexpected and pleasant surprise - funny that once the knee sliders went on and I was actually 'trying' my leg or my body or my brain wouldn't comply!

I must say that's a damn cool feeling! I used to think whatever but now that I've done it I see what they mean about how it feels cool. DON'T get me wrong, I'm not trying to do that everywhere, but crikey if that's what you are into then you should go bucket racing a small capacity engine it seems a blood good cheap place to start to learn and get your jollies practising that in what is an essentially safe and controlled environment.

If you are still with me - well fuckin done!!!

The video – sorry it is only me…we only had the little camera so this was all hubby focussed on but just close your eyes and imagine it’s you Str8!
    :

It was so much having fun I am well and truly hooked.

To the critics out there - I am not a speed racer nor do I profess to be so don't tell me how much fasterer YOU are...cos unless you are out there showing me - I don't give a shit!

THIS RANT SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED AT - the rude guy who approached me at the first round to tell me that he and his wife laughed that I never got out of first gear in my last vid and that I was the 'so called competition' that she could so easily waste)...get the point dude…I was practising…it was my first go AND I wasn’t trying to look fast so that you could convince your missus to put her money where her mouth is (when you also weren’t) and get out there and give it a go. Don't remember seeing you or your FAST missus there

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    AND

I'VE GOT MORE POINTS THAN F5 DAVE AND Fi5hy

Enjoy it while it lasts I will hhhmmmm

Bike
    Husky TE310, 2 Buckets and a ZXR250C
    Good one, Looks plently fast to me!

Congrat's on the Knee down, It took me far longer than you!

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    that third pic gives a perfect demonstation of countersterring , you cant miss seeing it.
    great read and congrats on a good outing
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Yahhh!!! Great report hun!!! You were going hard out out there!!
    Even got a wee pic of me with that sexy thang in his sexy leathers (Koba, not AJ, although AJ, I was near to dribbling at you in those leathers, from the mouth cause I couldn't breathe for laughing!!)
    Can't wait til next round, the real points round for us girlies, hmmmmm, how do I get some more practice......
    Good going gal!!!!

Serial, you never told me about someone having a go at you, how rude!!!! (Point them out if they turn up next time and we'll give them the Norf Welly Massif chick welcome!!

Bike
    Best Bitza Bucket 2008 BoB
    Blog Entries
    I'm really proud of the way you rode on Sunday babe!

Getting your knee down in the wet on slicks first time on the bike is pretty speshul gurl!
    Took me all day and a drier track to get my knee down on the fiddy.

So going in to the BBOB races you must be pretty confident eh?

Bike
    Several
    Congrats!
    I think that is the best race report I have read too, very interesting!

I think you are decently faster than me at this point, gotta get my arse into gear
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Great read ... and a fantastic ride on the day .. well done!!!!

Bike
    Goose
    BRING IT ON BIARCH!!!

Fark chick, you were going sooo well out there! Awesome stuff, I look forward to battling it out with you, especially as I have my own bucket sussed now!! It's awesome to watch how everyone improves each time we get out there!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    A few
    Damb fine report ! Way to go !!!
    Wishing we had got our asses in to town to watch now !
    Great to see a vid of the racing too, gets ya all keen to go out and find a bucket !
    Excellent stuff !!!!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    yeah with you on that one sinfull,

but seriously needed the down time been burning that candle at both ends & sunday it all caught up with me
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Bike
    Black Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    To the critics out there - I am not a speed racer nor do I profess to be so don't tell me how much fasterer YOU are...cos unless you are out there showing me - I don't give a shit!

THIS RANT SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED AT - the rude guy who approached me at the first round to tell me that he and his wife laughed that I never got out of first gear in my last vid and that I was the 'so called competition' that she could so easily waste)...get the point dude…I was practising…it was my first go AND I wasn’t trying to look fast so that you could convince your missus to put her money where her mouth is (when you also weren’t) and get out there and give it a go. Don't remember seeing you or your FAST missus there
    You go girl! And forget rude asses like them!! They seem to forget they had to start somewhere...

You ROCK girl! and I hope one day to be trying what you are doing or even riding like you are!! So go get 'em!!!!

+1 from me...
    A dream without a plan is just a wish!

Make it happen....

....DREAM+PLAN+ACTION=GOAL/TARGET

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Damn I have run out of bling again! Thanks everyone for the encouraging words - the most important thing is that it's wicked fun!

S

Thread Information