Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver ignores Motorcyclist on car's hood

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Driver ignores Motorcyclist on car's hood

A South Florida driver ploughed into a motorcyclist and kept going, even as the screaming man rolled onto the hood of the car. The motorcyclist, Marlowe Buelvas, was driving west on I-595 when he said Scott Eisenberg hit him. After the impact, Buelvas managed to get up off the ground and write down Eisenberg's license plate number.

"He didn't know what he hit” said witness Thomas Thibert “He said 'I didn't know. I hit some debris.' I said, 'Debris? But the guy was on your hood yelling at (your) windshield to stop.” Thibert stopped to help Buelvas, then took off after Eisenberg. He chased him 20 miles to Pompano Beach where Florida Highway Patrol troopers and Broward Sheriff's Office deputies intercepted him.

According to Eisenberg "I didn't see a guy on my hood. If I saw a guy on my hood I would have stopped right there. I simply thought I ran over something."

Eisenberg is to be charged with:

Leaving the scene of an accident involving damage.
    Failure to report an accident immediately.
    Failure to leave information.
    Careless driving.
    Having no insurance.

Thankfully Buelvas was not injured, but his motorcycle was reportedly totalled. Buelvas, owner of Gangster Cycles, said the bike was worth $85,000.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

That was almost me!

Yesterday morning I justr about ended up on a drivers hood. She was at a give way and she slowed down for a mili-second and looked to her left, where I was riding towards her, then carried on.

I actually got quite a fright I tooted her with my mighty horn (which made her look!), pondered if I should turn around and have a talk to her, then decided I was grateful not to have been hit and carried on.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    R6 & RGV250
    Hmmm ... Gangster Motorcycles? US$85,000 bike? Driver not seeing motorcyclist on hood? Non-injury? - one has to wonder who's telling the truth.
    Checkout my blog: www.wubboodesigns.com

I'd didn't end up on the ''hood'',early Transits don't have much of a bonnet so I stood on the bumper and held onto the windscreen wipers.No,he didn't stop as I pounded his windscreen,but swerved to try and throw me off,the bike still under the van.After a km I jumped off and he kept going - holed up at home with a revolver and kept the cops at bay until he was sober.It wasn't in the papers and there was no internet then - but he was fined $70 and lost his licence for 18mths,although he could still drive during the day as that was his job.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    -
    What is wrong with some people?

Bike
    2001 Suzuki SG350 'Goose'
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    What is wrong with some people?
    You really want me to answer that? Maybe the shorter question is, what is right with people?!?

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius
    You really want me to answer that? Maybe the shorter question is, what is right with people?!?
    There is nothing wrong with me, both my personalities keep me in check.
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool Man on hood

I mean to say.... how the hell do you NOT see a body on the hood of your car.... unless you are a blind driver..... :confused2

To have hit the bike would have had to have left some almighty damage to the car as well.

So it happened in the states.... so I wonder how many years this "blind" driver will go down for....... Florida is fairly hard on some laws that are broken.

The driver who ran me down knew he had hit me - the passenger came into the cop shop and reported that they had just killed a guy on a motorcycle - and I was standing next to him reporting the same accident!
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    So Motu, you were dead and then you resurected yourself, what is your name again???

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Quote Originally Posted by mangell6
    So Motu, you were dead and then you resurected yourself, what is your name again???
    Sshhhhh.....Zed might be about.
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Well they didn't stop to see if they HAD killed me - it was a hit and run and I don't know why he wasn't charged for it,let alone brandishing a pistol in a drunken state...but that was the 70s...and I was dumb enough to think the Police was there to do it's job.It took 3 cops to drag my brother off him,he was slamming the guys head into the concrete wall...in hindsight I should of joined in,but thought my brother was doing a pretty good job.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Yeah that was something about the 70s I can forget about aye.
    The guy on the north shore that killed two of my mates an put two others in hospital while drunk got away with a similar penalty.
    He also baled up in his house until he sobered up a bit,it also didn't make the papers.1979,Rangatira Rd Birkdale, the guy took out five bikes,but because they were (Bikies)the coppers did sweet FA.

Bike
    ALL
    Then there's the woman in a Beemer who pulled out in front of my eyeball searing yellow Road King, headlight beam boring into where her brain used to be. I moved right to go around her and she moved right as well. Right onto the wrong side of the road pushing me towards the kerb. She woke up in time and stopped dead in the middle of 't road and I managed to get back to the left lane. She may well have been disconcerted by the blaring horns of the two bikes and two cars that she nearly hit.
    Lou
    Lou

That sounds exactly like the one I came across last sunday on the way to Shelly Beach - came around a corner and here's some chick in a white car (Echo I think) coming down the road slowly on my side of the road,adjusting her seat belt or putting her lipstick in her handbag,I was in the Pajero with my boys...she moved left,she moved right....then just gave up and stopped with the Pajero almost kissing her front bumper....then she just casualy drove off,didn't even seem to think any wrong was done.Lucky I was in the Pajero - with her moving side to side I couldn't take avoiding action and just kept hard on the brakes...I would off loved to of cleaned it up.On a bike I would have been toast..if not hitting the car I would of dumped either side.
    Waging war with society

Thread Information