Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fix it" arvo/evening this Sat, 12 April

Bike
    '08 DR650

"Fix it" arvo/evening this Sat, 12 April

Post trip to Hamilton, so probably 3:30ish

My shed, 26c Mt St John Ave, Epsom

Gives me a txt on 0212685528 when you plan on coming, if i dont reply instantly then we're still on our way and i will reply just before we get back.

Current list of to-do's:
    Reseat Exhaust (GN + DR)
    Change Brake Fluid (GN)
    Redo taillight wiring (GN)
    Valve Clearances (DR + GN)

Anybody else got some shit they need to do? Plenty of tools, etc BYO drinks but i've got saussies for the barbie if it gets to that time of night

Bike
    MC19
    I would like to do the valve clearances and the front fork oil on my vtr, only problem is i don't finish work till 7. I'm guessing you will be done by then.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by shingo View Post
    I would like to do the valve clearances and the front fork oil on my vtr, only problem is i don't finish work till 7. I'm guessing you will be done by then.
    I dont expect to be done before 9. Your vtr will have those blasted shims. Andrew can do those... i prefer the screw type

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggles View Post
    Anybody else got some shit they need to do? Plenty of tools, etc BYO drinks but i've got saussies for the barbie if it gets to that time of night
    Might take more than a arvo.

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Hey can I come? I need to change oil and filter if someone can help out in telling me what to do coz I'm a complete noob. Will be very grateful if you falks show me tinkering with bikes 101 will get ya some beers for your trouble too So can I come ?
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM; '89 VFR400R, '78 RD350E
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    Hey can I come? I need to change oil and filter if someone can help out in telling me what to do coz I'm a complete noob. Will be very grateful if you falks show me tinkering with bikes 101 will get ya some beers for your trouble too So can I come ?
    I'll help ya with that stuff Toto. I won't have anything else to do. ::P

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    I'm off to shoot a dairy owner and steal a hundred bucks from his till, if he dies, it's the dumb curries fault for not wearing a bullet proof vest.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddad View Post
    New Zealand, where cows are happy, men are men, sheep are nervous and horses are fast because they heard about the sheep.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Of course, your bike can be the first hyobag to pass through the shed, no beer payment necessary *looks at the pile in the corner*

I think i've even got the manual for the GT250R (not that its needed)

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

I'll be there. Will txt you in the day to confirm timing. Will bring you beer anyway

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Too many to count
    I dont expect to be done before 9. Your vtr will have those blasted shims. Andrew can do those... i prefer the screw type
    haha, yeah, just promise i'll be home before 5am this time

shingo; will the vtr require us to remove the radiator to get to the front cylinder? might pay to check first incase we need coolant. remember that if it's got shims there's not much we can do if we can't swap them around to get it all right. might have to buy/find some once we know the required sizes and have another arvo to install them.

oh, and find a service/workshop manual before we start. need the valve clearances and diagrams of which bolts are hiding where

will come as soon as EJ's fixxer is fixed (assuming we have parts to fix it with)

Bike
    MC19
    I would still like to change the fork oil in the shocks, if your up for it? I don't need to change the seals if their not leaking, or should i just get some anyway seen as they should be pretty cheap.

Bike
    Too many to count
    forks should be a quick job, assuming it isn't built like a suzuki, and come to think of it i need to do the same with mine (or do some serious adjustment)

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Ah Stephen, I gotta separate the tank and get inside to the throttle so I can tigthen up my throttle cables to get rid that massive throttle free play that I have at the handle bar.

I've taken the tank off before not by myself as I don't have any hose clamps and those special pliers to remove the high pressure hose from the tank.

Is this a do?

EDIT: this is for the 929 btw.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    ill see if i can run over and chill out and learn stuff ,and by run I actually mean run lol

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    ill see if i can run over and chill out and learn stuff ,and by run I actually mean run lol
    I got a space on the bitch pad if you are not afraid of being a passenger on a 6R ...

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Aprilia
    Like Toto, is it ok if I came as well for a bike 101. Will bring plenty of beer :-). I have an Aprilia RS250

Thread Information