Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Awesome Bike!

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa

Operation Awesome Bike!

Hey guys and gals

This is a call out to any uni smc club members keen to come around on wed/thursday/friday to help get my new bike in tip top running form! Operation awesome bike is under way and as the cat is out of the bag I might as well say it, I'm making a bad ass 250 cafe racer as my next bike. She will hopefully be a beaut, going with a dark theme *odd for a cafe I know* but I've always loved em and I want one. Nothing like a personalised bike eh. I need a hand to get her running well, after which I will hopefully start kitting, modding and rebuilding her. The end product is a few weeks away yet. SMC assemble *blows horn*, man I wish I did have one of those old school horns. Anyway if anyone is keen to come round on those days *will sort out which ones yet, but want her running brill before uni resumes*, wants to have a few brews, park the bike sup, kick tires, chill out and work on her that would be cool. ...anyone know when stephen gets back? Cos I know he would love to get his hands on another bike to tinker with lol.

Ride safe

Drider

EDIT: THE BIKE IS GETTING DELIEVERED TODAY SO WORK WILL START ON IT TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY), I"LL START AROUND ONEISH ALLOWING ALL UNI SLOTHS A NICE SLEEP IN LOL. WILL TRY TO GET HER RUNNING IN THIS PISS POOR WEATHER BUT WILL LEAVE THE SANDING AND PAINTING TILL SAT OR WHENEVER IT GETS SUNNY. THIS WILL PROP ALLOW US TO HEAD OF FOR A CHILL AND SOME BREWS IN THE ARVO/EVENING (CHECK POOL THREAD), I LOOK FORWARD TO CATCHING UP WITH YOU GUYS TOMORROW, OH AND FOR THOSE THAT DON"T kNOW MY ADDY JUST DROP ME A PM AND I'LL SEND IT TO YOU.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    what exactly do you need to be done on your bike? People will come only if they know what can fix... unless there's sausage sizzles....like spannar night..by the way thanks for getting my jacket....love it
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    When she gets under way the bike only has half power.I have been told that it's most likely the rubber manifold from the carb leading to engine that is cracked leading to more air being sucked in hence the bike is running lean. That or there is a carby prob of some sorts. It's a good excuse to also have a chill, always good times when the club gets together.

Bike
    Hornet
    What's the actual model of bike? Get some Oggy knobs first!
    Having trouble behaving on your bike? www.Ride2Die.com

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    lol it's an srv250, oggy knobs are on the list my friend but first bike must be running nicely. Trust me she will look suitably bad ass once she is completed. How's the hornet? Shame you didn't come to the spanner night, was a good catch up with everyone. Man I'm mega drained from work, will crash but i'll check the thread in the morn.

Bike
    Like Dani Pedrosa's RC211V now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    When she gets under way the bike only has half power.I have been told that it's most likely the rubber manifold from the carb leading to engine that is cracked leading to more air being sucked in hence the bike is running lean. That or there is a carby prob of some sorts. It's a good excuse to also have a chill, always good times when the club gets together.
    I suppose a bike with half the power might be ideal for you since you are still learning Yeah sounds like a carb thingie... rubber manifold? or you mean rubber boot? connecting the carb to the engine? Haha if you came earlier at Stevo's we sizzled a GN rubber boot to fit the GN carb to EJ's FXR worked...

You might just need to buy another rubber boot to replace that cracked one.... i just hope it aint an old bike that you cant get anymore parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Macstar View Post
    What's the actual model of bike? Get some Oggy knobs first!
    Make that 3 knobs - fairing knobs, swingarm knobs and front wheel/axle knobs....for maximum protection.
    Don't just live to ride but ride to live.

Bike
    Hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Drider87 View Post
    lol it's an srv250, oggy knobs are on the list my friend but first bike must be running nicely. Trust me she will look suitably bad ass once she is completed. How's the hornet? Shame you didn't come to the spanner night, was a good catch up with everyone. Man I'm mega drained from work, will crash but i'll check the thread in the morn.
    Cool, I had a SRX400 once - I had to sell it to get the RF900R Hornet is being repaired with a few moddies at the same time... Mei is back now so have to balance my motorcycle-related activities i.e. Fri night Chilla, Sat all day at Quasimoto etc etc.

Anyway, gd to hear ya got a bike finally.
    Having trouble behaving on your bike? www.Ride2Die.com

Bike
    2004 D-TRACKER, 1997 DT230 LANZA
    I wana come and watch! I can bring you guys some Sushi LOL

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    I'm in definately. Dont got nothing to do on thursday night except ATNR but I'll come to your bike fixing if its happening, and also free all day friday bro. I'll bring some beer, and if I'm lucky i may even get my fork oil replaced . Anyhow , I'm in on thursday friday or saturday night Just say the word brother.
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Too many to count
    motorb reporting in, SIR!

lemme at it!

*makes stabbing motion with screwdriver in one hand and bashing motion with hammer in the other*

Bike
    Aprilia
    Count me in as well.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post
    motorb reporting in, SIR!

lemme at it!

*makes stabbing motion with screwdriver in one hand and bashing motion with hammer in the other*

Alright now were talking, after andrew has a go, I'll prob end up with a bitser biker screwed together with fxr, dirtbike and srv parts hehe, i'll be like "where the hell is my srv". lol Hammer...did somene say hammer...let me get my fighting hammer too then we can bash stuff *jokes*. The bike should hopefully be delivered tomorrow...*mumble on a trailer mumble* lol. Got big plans for her. Once she is up an runnin, the exhaust system needs to come off for a sand down, clean up and paint job as well as the body work, plus I wanna take off other bits and pieces to customise stuff. I reckon we should start customising the smc bikes so everyone can be like yup, thats my custom bike.

Bike
    Aprilia
    Hammer...did somene say hammer...let me get my fighting hammer too then we can bash stuff *jokes*.
    I was just about to say that lol. Now on with the propellers.

Decided on a day yet? I reckon we should do the whole of Sat if that's possible. Start early on.

Bring plasters this time for more cuts.

Bike
    01' NZ Postie CT110
    Quote Originally Posted by BANZAI View Post
    I wana come and watch! I can bring you guys some Sushi LOL
    Great idea bud, I am getting a bit sick of the usual sausages.

Btw, it was great meeting you on Friday Yugi (correct me if I am wrong with the name)

And looking forward to seeing Dushy's little beast.

Bike
    2013 GSXR-1300 Hayabusa
    Hey, I totally forgot that I work thursdays lol so it will have to be wed/fri/sat. Think I might have to go the way of stephen and ebay some parts in from overseas, hehe gotta love bike part shopping. You get the 929 all fixed up ewen? Last time I saw it on friday it was being worked on by andrew *worried look haha *

Thread Information