Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Christchurch motorcycle shop nostalgia

Bike
    GN250!!!!
    When looking for break pads at the very last minute Ryan was exceptionally helpful and went out of his way to accommodate!! Nice attitude & great customer service!!!
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have you found? The same old fears.
    Wish you were here. QWQ

Bike
    CRF250L Rally
    Yep +1 from me. During my tour of the South Island last week I dropped my fully loaded VFR in Hornby McDonalds carpark, breaking both mirrors and my foot - went down to Hamptons and they made me put my foot up while they sorted out some replacement mirrors - picked them up from the wholesalers - and fitted them - only charged for the mirrors - no labour. Excellent service - highly recommended .

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    The guys at hampton honda have to be the best at what they do, i always go to them for all my fixing up and they are always more than happy to help. bit pricey sometimes but its worth it for the great service they do. They were pretty good at showing a newbie a few things about bikes and how to take care of them. And i've also found that as you build your loyalty to them they give you mad discounts so BONUS! Cheers Mark, Ryan and Joseph for all your help!

Bike
    CBR, RGV Racer, Bucket
    Big thumbs up for Hampton from me. A good bunch of guys

Bike
    2007 Suzuki 1250 Bandit
    Blog Entries

Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia_nut View Post
    These guys are the amazing. Went to Christchurch from Tauranga to buy a bike privately, On Friday picked up bike only to find owner had not checked oil amongst other things, tried ringing Rolling thunder on Saturday morning to get an oil change done...what a waste of total time, sorry we dont work on Aprilias we dont have any tools that fit them, "its an oil change how hard can it be", no help what so ever basically told me to F&^k off. Rang Hampton Honda, sorry our mechanics are not on today but you are welcome to do it yourself. WOW that was to easy, went down there used there bench, tools and they supplied me oil and filter and a discount when i went to pay for it..Big ups to the Robin and Ryan, More than went out of there way, but thats not all, bloody bike died 20km out of chch, old owner tells me it my problem thanks for the money... you know who you are...Hampton Honda pick it up for me and help me out yet again..what more could you ask for from a non Aprilia dealership..You guys need anything in CHCH for your bike see them, very friendly and helpfull...makes me want to buy a honda now..
    I have also found Hamptons to be very good and willing to go out of there way to help. You do not get the impression you are a nuisance there unlike some other shops.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Quote Originally Posted by XRKID View Post
    I have a suzuki a honda and a yammah and i find rangiora yammaha and hornby honda are one of the better motorcycle shops in canterbury.
    Old Bob's moved up to Welly - I bought my old XJ400 from him early this year...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    Your mom
    Nice thread dredge.

Bike
    08R6 Race bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Nice thread dredge.
    Nice spam.

I just had the forks of my R6 done by Mark at Hampton Motorcycles (as it is now known) perfect job as expected, also got him to touch up a few things here and there while he was at it.

He even set my fiddly silly steering damper back exactly as it was.

But then I would say that.
    Can I scream?

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave- View Post
    Nice spam.

I just had the forks of my R6 done by Mark at Hampton Motorcycles (as it is now known) perfect job as expected, also got him to touch up a few things here and there while he was at it.

He even set my fiddly silly steering damper back exactly as it was.

But then I would say that.
    Maybe things have changed in the years since I've been there.

Bike
    Suzuki RG400 Yamaha ST125 Yamaha TDR250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Maybe things have changed in the years since I've been there.

Yeah they've changed franchises more times than a schoolgirls panties at a Justin bieber concert
    "more than two strokes is masturbation"
    www.motoparts-online.com

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZZR 250
    Emoto in Moorehouse Ave deal with Aprillia, bought some body armour from them and drooled all over their bikes

Bike
    Honda ST 1300
    I have had, what I consider to be, the best, the very best example of what the term service means by shopping at Hamptons. I purchased a Honda St1300 off Robin and I cannot speak highly enough of what he did for me. Not only did he allow me a bit of time to get the necessary funds in order, he discounted the price on everything I bought. Along with the bike I bought a new helmet, jacket and gloves. Not only this but Hamptons supplied me, free of charge, a top box for the bike. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Hamptons to anyone for anything they require in the way of motorcycling. Thanks very much Robin, it was an absolute pleasure dealing with you, and believe me, you will be the first person I will tell people to go to.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    5 Years on, and still providing great service....... Something in that I reckon...

Bike
    blackbird,africa twin,xt600,xt 600tenere
    SMOKEU on a scooter= tool lol...

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by thepom View Post
    SMOKEU on a scooter= tool lol...
    Better than walking.

Thread Information