Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Global Warming Swindle

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    I reckon, having just watched it, that that doco was about as credible as the conspiracy theory doco on whether we visited the moon or not.

Lots of sound bites. Lots of edited interviews.

The post doco debate was about as credible until beardy sandal man started making some good points, but then it went back to uninformed lefties and conservatives head butting.
    correct - i watched the unedited version a few weeks ago and it had some interesting takes on the other "inconvenient" doco - both are about as bad as each other

i liked the woman in the middle (the 'climate consultant') - i think her job was to interrupt the others as much as possible and she seemed to be very good at it
    F M S

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    Quote Originally Posted by yod View Post
    i liked the woman in the middle (the 'climate consultant') - i think her job was to interrupt the others as much as possible and she seemed to be very good at it
    Agreed, she was a total waste of space. Next she'll be standing for the Greens.

Everyone else had valid points except for her.

I would claim to be a skeptic but that would imply the hippies might be right

Bike
    '14 Multistrada 1200S
    yeah there have been good points raised on both sides - i was a bit of a sceptic but have a little more faith in the IPCC now (only a little tho)

the chap from Waikato Uni (I think) had some good info
    F M S

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    For those of us without prime, is it online?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    I don't know what the truth is, but my thoughts are the planet has been heating and cooling for millions of years, without human intervention, and will continue to do so long after our species has nuked itself out of existence.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatcap View Post
    The globe may (or may not) be warming, but it isn't due to us puny humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    The only human input to "global warming" is:
    Money, and Power.
    My sentiments for a long time now.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Merida
    Let's just say that we are irreversably changing our planets climate, causing mass extinctions and sea level rise. Let's also say we are already displacing millions of people because climate change is turning lands that used to support them into deserts. The evidence that this is happening is overwhelming and it stares anyone in the face if you care to look.

Of course the other scenario, the one Exxon is currently paying millions, or is it billions of $ to perpetuate, that we are not having any effect on our planet, after all we are just small, are we not? (In spite of the fact that we are pumping the best part of CO2 stored in the earth for millions of years back into the atmosphere). http://carbonx.blogspot.com/2006/10/...ge-denial.html

I prefer to believe the overwhelming evidence and I wish we could agree to work together to overcome this problem. The sad fact is however that most people who have a decent life today could care less about people elsewhere on the earth who's land is turning to desert or sinking into the sea. If it means a slight impact on our standard of living, like using the car or bike less, then we scream like offended two year olds and stick our fingers into our ears because we just don't want to know.

So, go ahead and believe the Exxon version. Just remember in the coming years that you are complicit in death, suffering and destruction on a scale rarely seen in the history of this planet. At least take responsibility for your stupid, irresponsible and selfish acts. I guess you won't, will you? Did you ever see a 2 year old take responsibility for anything?
    Ride fast or be last.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Sell ya bike then Maki

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Hay Maki. Those deserts have been increasing in size thanks to the commencement of the agrarian economy(our biggest mistake and entirely the product of our imagination) and the creation of cities (our second biggest mistake) about 10000 years ago.

If you feel that strongly about it that you have to engage in the demeaning and insulting rhetoric of the uber greenie then why are you riding a motorcycle?

Everything about motorcycles from their production to their use should be anathema to someone with a properly green attitude.

You rather remind me of that Cindy woman on last night's debate. Lots of piss & vinegar and no substance to your argument except smug condescension. That'll convince people. Not.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    Let's just say that we are irreversably changing our planets climate, causing mass extinctions and sea level rise.
    No, lets not play games of make believe, and instead lets say "Show us the data".

Let's also say we are already displacing millions of people because climate change is turning lands that used to support them into deserts.
    No, lets not play games of make believe, and instead lets say "Show us the data".

The evidence that this is happening is overwhelming and it stares anyone in the face if you care to look.
    I do look, and the evidence is just not there. First off, I have seen no evidence that climate change, and that includes the current cooling phase we are experiencing, is man made. Next, I have seen no evidence that anyone has been displaced because of climate change. Where is your data?

Of course the other scenario, the one Exxon is currently paying millions, or is it billions of $ to perpetuate, that we are not having any effect on our planet, after all we are just small, are we not? (In spite of the fact that we are pumping the best part of CO2 stored in the earth for millions of years back into the atmosphere). http://carbonx.blogspot.com/2006/10/...ge-denial.html
    Well, I'm so pleased to learn just how much I am being paid by Exxon. When can I expect to see the cheque?
    Time to ride

Bike
    Triumph Thruxton
    [QUOTE=Jim2;1589532]Hey Maki ....QUOTE]

I had seen the film on a google hosted download about a year ago but I cant find the link to it right now.

Theres also a third school of thought. Which is even if humans are causing climate change (remember its not global warming now as the hippies want to be right no matter which direction things change) we can have so little impact on that effect without destroying the world economy we should put our efforts into reducing the impact of the negative effects rather than the negative effects themselves.

This paper by Nigel Lawson (former chancellor of the exchequer and also Nigella's father) is still rubbished by the climate change cult but to me it raises some valid points.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The_economics_and_politics_of_climate_change[1].pdf  

Bike
    R80, CB400N, Cb200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I do look, and the evidence is just not there. First off, I have seen no evidence that climate change, and that includes the current cooling phase we are experiencing, is man made. Next, I have seen no evidence that anyone has been displaced because of climate change. Where is your data?
    What's your basis for disputing this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forcings.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	97042  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Banks View Post
    Yes, but bikes = cool and cars = suck. I think it's Newton's fourth law or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Queer Retarded Fags I think.

Isn't sniper one of those?

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by fridayflash View Post
    i totally agree! and it couldnt be anything to do with nasa's high
    altitude nuclear testing in the 1950's,of course not!
    Your joking aren't you?
    The energy in the average thunderhead makes the largest thermonuclear bomb look like a fart

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magua View Post
    What's your basis for disputing this?
    One graph produced by who?

Always check the source of your data. If the research is paid for by a government or an "Institute for Researching Climate Change and Producing Data for the Highest Bidder" then it is automatically disqualified as being valid.

The planet is either 4000 years old or 4 billion, depending on which loony you talk to. We've (the entire human race that is) been collecting very localised, piecemeal weather data reliably for about 160 years. The sample data is way too small to make any valid conclusions in either case.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    2015 Triumph Bonneville
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post

So, go ahead and believe the Exxon version.

Well I say that the whole man-man C02 hysteria is being funded by the Nuclear Power industry to wrestle the profit off the oil barons.

So what do you want? C02 or radiation?

....no, I'm actually taking the piss....
    "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does."

Thread Information