Thread: Boots for big feet

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL650

Boots for big feet

It seems I have abnomally big feet for someone who wants a pair of waterproof touring type boots. I need kiwi size 15 or Euro size 50. There must be someone else with the same affliction. What type of boots have you got and from where? I am in Christchurch and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot available that I can afford.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX1400 & 1990 Yamaha FJ1200
    Blog Entries
    sorry dude I have the same problem havent had much luck either, have had to settle for soft boot made by Rjays not really good for anything hope you have better luck
    I ask for nothing but to ride where ever the road calls

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    Thanks for the offer Katman, I would PM you but my post count isn't high enough so hope you check back in to thus post.
    Can you let me know hat type of boots they are please? Cheers.

Bike
    FJR 1300
    I have problems getting gloves that fitt, those I can get I destroy within a couple of months, either they split accross the knuckles or the inner parts company with the outter when i try to take the gloves off.
    For boots Im just using a good work boot, non steel cap.

Bike
    Ninja 250R
    http://www.newenough.com

I found this website in my online travels, they have a hard to fit section with a tick box for big feet. Maybe worth checking out just for brands and models that go bigger so you can then take that list to your local dealer to see what they can do for you.

Bike
    2005 FZS1000 "Tasha"
    browsed the net and found this http://www.cruiserworks.com/products.cfm

... don't know if they'd be any good
    just wanted to try and help because your post made me feel so much better about the size of my own feet

thanks for that
    ... ...

Grass wedges its way between the closest blocks of marble and it brings them down. This power of feeble life which can creep in anywhere is greater than that of the mighty behind their cannons....... - Honore de Balzac

Bike
    black 1
    shirt... i had problems getting a 12, you know wat they say about big feet....
    big socks.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki DL650
    I went ten pin bowling once, looked like I had canoes on my feet. But I do get my monies worth when I find a pair of shoes that fit, shoes are usually the same price what ever the size so all you with wee feet are subsidising my footwear and for that I thank you.

Bike
    Niftyfifty
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksDad View Post
    It seems I have abnomally big feet for someone who wants a pair of waterproof touring type boots. I need kiwi size 15 or Euro size 50. There must be someone else with the same affliction. What type of boots have you got and from where? I am in Christchurch and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot available that I can afford.
    I have the same problem, I got a pear of stylemartens in a size 49

Bike
    2006 Honda Blackbird
    I needed 48s and I just kept trying on various boots at the shops. I eventually found a pair of (slightly larger 47's) from Motomail that fitted. But 50's are unusual. I did find a pair of 50's at Cycletreads but they were a one-off (no smaller size) and they were too big for me. :-)

All of the bike shops offered to get some in for me to try, but I just didn't want to go to the hassle in case I didn't like them and would then feel guilty they had got them in. But if you don't mind that then the bike shops will get them in to try.

I found several of the adverts in mags or on websites say what sizes each brand will go up to.

Until I got my motocycle boots I had a pair of steel toe-capped work boots. They were good (very comfortable too), but they didn't have the high ankle protection.

Bike
    In between
    Found these on Trade Me, I need size 13-14 so have the same problem, I thought about getting some of these. I don't have any or know anyone who has any so i can't vouch for the quality but thier feedback seems ok.

Have a look::

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-161421850.htm
    www.icecard.co.nz

I.C.E Card Letting people know!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'll stop whinging about my 48s.

50! Holy Crap.

Sidi Vertigo come in a Size 50 and Diadora do 49s throughout their range.

Alpinestars S-MX 4 come in a size 50 and are waterproof. You can get them from here:
    http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...oof-Boots.aspx
    Last edited by James Deuce; 22nd June 2008 at 12:21.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedrostt500 View Post
    For boots Im just using a good work boot, non steel cap.
    I'm curious. Why "non steel cap" specifically?

Thread Information