Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flasher relay

Bike
    89 FZR250, 92 CBR400RR, 06 675 Daytona

honda lies to us!

SO! i got it to work!

It turns out the wiring diagram that the Haynes manual and all over the net showed the connection to the flasher relay wrong!

i was playing with my mates cbr250 (mc22) and i found out that he uses a Mitsuba fr-3314 flasher relay as well, but his wiring to the relay was different.
    checked his wiring diagram which was in black and white, traced the wires and found out that it was the same colour for the same wire on his and mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140914_121038.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	643.9 KB 
ID:	300858

thats a pic of his wiring.. i did the same and bam! works lol
    only thing is it still takes some time before the lights start flashing (has gotten better though!!)

it looks like the left pair of lights starts blinking slower then the right side.

thats still a problem im trying to solve!!

on the left side of the bike, i tried testing the flasher response without the front and with the rear bulb, and then vice versa. but didnt see any noticeable difference.

anything else i can try to narrow down where the problem would be?

Cheers guys! almost there!

Bike
    89 FZR250, 92 CBR400RR, 06 675 Daytona
    Hey guys ive managed to fix the delay problem!

so i played with the multimeter this weekend. knowing that the relay works it was only down to the wiring through out the bike.

i figured out that the live wire at the relay (black/brown coming from the battery to fuses to relay) has constant current running through it once the key in ON so that wasnt the problem.

the ground was properly grounded (green wire). that wasnt the problem.

meaning the grey wire to the switch was the cause.
    as the grey wire doesnt splice into anything else, only goes between the switch and the relay, i figured it was the switch. opened up the switch cluster on the left handle bar right down to the mechanics of the triggering system. found out there was lots of bad grease and gunk in the way of the contacts between the grey wire and the left and right signal wires. cleaned all that up, cleaned the contacts, put new grease and.... works like new!!!

only thing thats bothering me is why the hell is the wiring diagram telling me a different story!!
    i checked other wires in my loom (colour and the number of wires in a bunch) i had the correct RR-N model loom. and pictures in the haynes manual told me that the relay was correct for my model.

anyway im happy now bikes all good!!
    time to get a WOF!!

Cheers for all your help!

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Where do I send my invoice?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information