Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 848

Thread: DR750/800 owners and those interested

  1. #736
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    Pick up the DR800s tomorrow.....Metal Mulisha is my name...
    I don't care if none of you are pleased for me, I am excited though....

    I will be riding Sunday after playing with all of the bling in the garage Saturday night....Installing the Zumo 600 could be at the top of the list I suppose....
    Clean him, take a look at the battery and the wiring.....Take some photos as well.





    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    2nd March 2004 - 14:00
    Bike
    Thumpers, I like thumpers.
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,252
    And after all the bling, it'll still be a Suzuki...

  3. #738
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And after all the bling, it'll still be a Suzuki...
    and your point is?


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  4. #739
    Join Date
    8th July 2008 - 19:03
    Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    869
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pick up the DR800s tomorrow.....Metal Mulisha is my name...
    I don't care if none of you are pleased for me, I am excited though....

    I will be riding Sunday after playing with all of the bling in the garage Saturday night....Installing the Zumo 600 could be at the top of the list I suppose....
    Clean him, take a look at the battery and the wiring.....Take some photos as well.



    Jeeh I thought you got it last week and were real shy about it, phew you had me worried man

    If you got time come and see me and your new DR can meet your old one


    Nordie you were naughty for saying that Suzuki stuff and am guessing you dont understand the DRBIG thing (and your gona cry with jealousy if you get to see that baby in real life)

    Also happy Birthday to Lars at the ADV DRBIG site

  5. #740
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bikekid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you got time come and see me and your new DR can meet your old one


    Yip, thanks. I plan on getting North for Easter (Far North, Poutu, Ahipara and Spirits Bay) but for the time being, I will be happily riding the roads/tracks around South Waikato and the King Country.

    Oh, the Zumo is a 660, so that's good! I just have to wire it to the bike somewhere. The battery is looking a tad crowded, hot grips, 12V socket, Givi fog lights....Have to look at wiring somewhere from an auxillary for some of this stuff. Not much draw but lots of connections, don't like that, rather would hard wire stuff if I can find a way.
    Attached Images Attached Images


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    12th July 2005 - 21:02
    Bike
    2009 BMW R1200GS. 2007 Suzuki DR650K6
    Location
    Awakairangi
    Posts
    1,103
    Nice looking DR big Mark - enjoy
    those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind..

  7. #742
    Join Date
    15th August 2006 - 17:33
    Bike
    93 PIG
    Location
    Westside, The Tron
    Posts
    5,383
    what about hooking the zumo with a 12v plug
    "Boys Light Up"
    Silently she opens the drawer
    Mother's little helper is coming out for more
    Strategically positioned before the midday show
    Her back is arched, those lips are parched
    Repeated blow by blow
    .....Australian Crawl.......

  8. #743
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by dino3310 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what about hooking the zumo with a 12v plug
    Because this is so fancy, the Zumo came with the plate hard wired with a fuse and bare wires....
    I could get it wired to the ciggie lighter, but prefer hard wired to the battery. Something has to be arranged, it is getting crowded down there.
    1. The hot grips need to be re-routed to the ignition somewhere.
    2. The 12v Cig adaptor needs to be moved, perhaps under the seat or to the rear, plenty of room under saddle at the back - tool box area.
    3. GPS can be wired to the battery - bugger all draw there. Even when left on and bike is stationary.
    4. The Givi fog lights need to also be re-routed to somewhere.

    All in all, a good job for someone who knows what they are doing, not me I am afraid.....


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  9. #744
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630

    Little shakedown ride today....

    I went for a jaunt this morning around the Firth of Thames, Kaiaua etc...
    Great day and the bike performed flawlessly. I forgot just how comfortable the Big is I never went over 110kph, I am just trying fuel consumption first to see range on a tank. I will look at running it dry maybe Wednesday, put a bladder in the back of the Givi and just empty her out normal riding....I am guessing 400kph + I hope....?


    Attached Images Attached Images


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  10. #745
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice looking DR big Mark - enjoy
    Thanks Stephen


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    8th July 2008 - 19:03
    Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    869
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I went for a jaunt this morning around the Firth of Thames, Kaiaua etc...
    Great day and the bike performed flawlessly. I forgot just how comfortable the Big is I never went over 110kph, I am just trying fuel consumption first to see range on a tank. I will look at running it dry maybe Wednesday, put a bladder in the back of the Givi and just empty her out normal riding....I am guessing 400kph + I hope....?


    You must be a dad, your baby is Beautiful

  12. #747
    Join Date
    15th August 2006 - 17:33
    Bike
    93 PIG
    Location
    Westside, The Tron
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because this is so fancy, the Zumo came with the plate hard wired with a fuse and bare wires....
    I could get it wired to the ciggie lighter, but prefer hard wired to the battery. Something has to be arranged, it is getting crowded down there.
    1. The hot grips need to be re-routed to the ignition somewhere.
    2. The 12v Cig adaptor needs to be moved, perhaps under the seat or to the rear, plenty of room under saddle at the back - tool box area.
    3. GPS can be wired to the battery - bugger all draw there. Even when left on and bike is stationary.
    4. The Givi fog lights need to also be re-routed to somewhere.

    All in all, a good job for someone who knows what they are doing, not me I am afraid.....
    might as well chuck a Microwave in the rear box to mate and maybe a flatscreen incorperated into the lid

    Nice bike mate im green with envy
    "Boys Light Up"
    Silently she opens the drawer
    Mother's little helper is coming out for more
    Strategically positioned before the midday show
    Her back is arched, those lips are parched
    Repeated blow by blow
    .....Australian Crawl.......

  13. #748
    Join Date
    13th May 2006 - 12:21
    Bike
    aprilia Tuareg 600, DR800s, R100GS PD
    Location
    S37.53983 E175.71479
    Posts
    2,630
    I have just done an oil change and filter.
    It was a bit scary seeing what came out, or rather didn't......
    Their certainly wasn't 2.6-2.7 litres of oil there in my pan
    She now has the required 2.7 litres as per specification, so the dipstick (not me) reads as it should....
    I will monitor.....So far nothing on the floor so that's a good start.....


    If it's in the Touratech catalogue, then you don't need it...
    Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

  14. #749
    Join Date
    2nd March 2004 - 14:00
    Bike
    Thumpers, I like thumpers.
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,252
    Checked the oil on a KTM 450 in Picton with eddieb and nothing showed in the sight glass until it was cranked over to 45deg.
    Man I hope that guy doesn't get in the news, bleached bones found on side of track type headline...

  15. #750
    Join Date
    15th August 2006 - 17:33
    Bike
    93 PIG
    Location
    Westside, The Tron
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Waihou Thumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have just done an oil change and filter.
    It was a bit scary seeing what came out, or rather didn't......
    Their certainly wasn't 2.6-2.7 litres of oil there in my pan
    She now has the required 2.7 litres as per specification, so the dipstick (not me) reads as it should....
    I will monitor.....So far nothing on the floor so that's a good start.....
    MMmmmm might pay to let me have a ride, you follow behind and watch that exhaust for smoke
    "Boys Light Up"
    Silently she opens the drawer
    Mother's little helper is coming out for more
    Strategically positioned before the midday show
    Her back is arched, those lips are parched
    Repeated blow by blow
    .....Australian Crawl.......

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •