Page 421 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 3213714114194204214224234314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Honda RS 125 1992
    Cheers Rob for sorting out my ignition timing and the advice on my port timing !! you guys know what you are doing ..Its a joy working with people that know their stuff

Bike
    N/A
    TeeZee, would you mind telling what type of stator-rotor do you use? Would it be a typical full size flywheel, an internal rotor ??
    Do you have any experience to judge which of the two would be better for such an application?
    I remember RS's had a typical -heavy I guess- flywheel.. On the other hand all RSW/A's I 've seen through photos had internal rotors.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Yes the Honda RS125 does have much heavier crank wheels than the Suzuki GP125. But the Honda uses a light internal rotor so I am not sure whether my light crank wheels and heaver flywheel in total are more or less heaver than the Honda, about the same is my guess. I remember (hopefully correctly) a comment by Wobbly that a heavier crank helps extend the over rev.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX80-Ign-With-Pickup.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	256159 Later KX80 Ignition

This is the flywheel and stator plate and pickup I am currently using with my Ignitec, At the moment the high voltage charging coil has been removed, later I want to re-wind it for charging the 12V battery so it is no longer a total loss system.

Bike
    TZ400
    Early RS125s had an external rotor the same as the CR125 it was derived from.
    The later GP only RS125 engine had an internal rotor about the same as the RSW/RSA with a much higher inertia crank assy.
    When changing to total loss and removing the small rotor, the engine had no overev at all.
    So much higher inertia cranks were made by VHM and the factory for this application.
    The RSW/RSA crank inertia is very high due to full circle and plated wheels and added Mallory, to be able to run with the small rotor assy.
    It matters not where the inertia comes from - the wheels or the rotor create overev by reducing the in cycle speed variations of the crank assy, at the expense of outright acceleration capability.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    N/A
    I see.. You must be refering to this post http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129962007.

I had the exact same generator off ebay!
    I recently purchased another generator - inner rotor type. It comes from an IAME x30 kart engine, it's called Selettra Digital -K(ey). It must have been used by aprilia, because there was a pic in Frits files, with that generator on an RSA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSA125-05.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	256173

I haven't had the chance to test neither one (actually I don't know how to connect the selettra one. it has an 8-wire connector, none of which I know the use).
    Actually, most kart engines seem to use the inner rotor type. Can't logically process the reason.

edit: thanks for the hint Wob!

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    where do you guys get ya cams ground? what kind of grinds are you getting on your fxr 150's?...ie factory stuff or guess work ?

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    where do you guys get ya cams ground? what kind of grinds are you getting on your fxr 150's?...ie factory stuff or guess work ?
    just used the angle grinder on my one
    made a good job and goes faster now

but on a positve note ask richban (or my guess kelford cams?)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    just used the angle grinder on my one
    made a good job and goes faster now

but on a positve note ask richban (or my guess kelford cams?)
    oh well you should go faster than kelford cams one if you have done that lol

Bike
    husaberg

Vincent Piatti

Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    I see.. You must be refering to this post http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1129962007.

Actually, most kart engines seem to use the inner rotor type. Can't logically process the reason.

edit: thanks for the hint Wob!
    I can't vouch for this being correct, but he the (Author) was a designer/etc for Cosworth.(Ignition bit)

The other bit is for Grumph we mentioned a while back this guy i certainly never knew he would go to the evil side i guess he is in a way responsible for the Evil FXR150 as Well.
    He knew Bugathi as well as co designing the TSCC.
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache5LvEZT9e7YJ:twinspin-ec.com/The Piatti Story_MASTER_Word_02.pdf+patents+for+vincent+piatt i&hl=en&gl=nz&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgVOzV8mu0AmIn5ZXdBdPiHpb16eWG0jNGU8qa2 Gb1Kd86ZYlojR3yeSMvOSMMk_CyB1s1lKgOWBi1yZeznOyq2My BOvc5S7XO9hIKF0M7HwNi_FfNUBJBbBaAHfAy2k_3Lk_sg&sig=AHIEtbTx5y12z-YhH3gOMYEJKo7N4HUBhA

http://twinspin-ec.com/Analysis Software.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    After that, it seem redundant to mention that the AMC motors referred to were actually made in France by an outfit coincidentally called AMC....so blame the French again, this time for wob's early sexual adventures.....
    I would be interested in seeing his AMC variable exhaust Exhaust "Bazooka" patent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	igni 4.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	652.0 KB 
ID:	256193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piatti.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	256208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piattia.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	779.4 KB 
ID:	256209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piattib.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	761.3 KB 
ID:	256210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piattic.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	744.0 KB 
ID:	256211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Piattid.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	782.0 KB 
ID:	256212  
    Last edited by husaberg; 28th January 2012 at 21:19. Reason: bit is for Grumph
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    husaberg

Krauser fuel injection 1988

I don't know if his design for the injection went anywhere or if the design was loaded with too much baggage.

In the same mag as the last one.

There is a real bad joke elsewhere in the Mag that said the Cagiva chief George Vukmanovich was, by then sick of Cagiva and was trying to get a Job with Ron Haslam and Serge Rosset who were at the at "ELF" team.
    The original experimental Honda powered GP bike
    Randy and Kenny i believe made up as i think Randy used to later on pilot the Twin seat YZR500.
    There is also no truth in the rumor that Dave is in fact taller than George.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krauserb.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	773.8 KB 
ID:	256224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krausera.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	748.0 KB 
ID:	256223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mamola Cagivaa.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	256225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mamola Cagivab.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	753.9 KB 
ID:	256226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mamola Cagivac.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	788.7 KB 
ID:	256227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mamola Cagivad.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	767.2 KB 
ID:	256228  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    oh well you should go faster than kelford cams one if you have done that lol

Oh harsh. Can't have you bagging my sponsor / family. Hey I will swap you a set of proper good Kelford race cams for a set of them aprila sxv cams you got lying around.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Oh harsh. Can't have you bagging my sponsor / family. Hey I will swap you a set of proper good Kelford race cams for a set of them aprila sxv cams you got lying around.
    lol even better you could donate that rsv550 engine to me !

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    lol even better you could donate that rsv550 engine to me !

Funny guy. Its an rvx550. Hence the need for some new cams. Maybe I should sell it. Gunna be a while before I have the dosh to finish the project. Was thinking I would sell the engine and Honda RS250 roller and buy a dirt bike.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Funny guy. Its an rvx550. Hence the need for some new cams. Maybe I should sell it. Gunna be a while before I have the dosh to finish the project. Was thinking I would sell the engine and Honda RS250 roller and buy a dirt bike.
    CSL are doing a guys fxr motor for l guy in auckland.. useing the standand fxr cam grind. on my old dyno that people said it read low my mates one put out 19hp just with the cams and exhaust did not get around to putting the high com piston in it. l still have it.. was told the kit was rated for 23 hp with no port job

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    CSL are doing a guys fxr motor for l guy in auckland.. useing the standand fxr cam grind. on my old dyno that people said it read low my mates one put out 19hp just with the cams and exhaust did not get around to putting the high com piston in it. l still have it.. was told the kit was rated for 23 hp with no port job

Sounds about right. I think my bog standard engine was 17.5 with carb and exhaust change. What Kit? Is there a kit?. 20 seams easy to get on an FXR its the other 6 or 7 that come hard.

Doing a nice job of hijacking the 2 stroke thread here well the boys are at the track. Sorry Lads. Hope you all had a good day racing.

Thread Information