Page 971 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 4718719219619699709719729739811021107114711971 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,565 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So as I read that if you're air cooled run Castor or ideally 909.

If yer watercooled run a decent synthetic ester oil. I'm assuming you don't consider Av as being a hot burning GP like rocket fuel, its just all that we can run vs pump fuel.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    AvGas runs best exactly like the old leaded rocket fuel, if you dont have 650*C in the header you aint doin it right.
    So yes 909 is for sure the best in an Aircooled running hot at 650*, but is equally fine in a watercooled on AvGas - just dont use a full synthetic in anything
    that runs AvGas properly.
    Find some old A747, or stick with Elf 909 or Motul Kart.
    If you are running unleaded properly at rich ie cooler temps, then spend up large on Elf 927 full noise synthetic if you feel the need..
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    variety
    im not sure how flashpoint factors in but the article mentions 445 F. perhaps thats cator oil before any additives ? some brands like the klotz are 550 F flashpoint

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries

Elf Oils

I get Elf oils at distributor prices if any one wants some for T2 or T4 bikes

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Originally asked in my #6 thread but more people read this thread so . . . .

Been busy putting a new pipe together for Gary's MB. I've been grinding the welds inside with the Dremel tool, just where I've used a bit of filler rod and it's made a bump. After that I've used a flapwheel to clean it down properly. This has got me wondering if there is a finish that is better or worse on the inside of a chamber. A lightly ground finish might be good for creating a boundary layer. My thoughts were that it probably would not be a benefit with actual gas flow but that it might have some beneficial effects with the boundary layer acting as an insulator which might help the exhaust gas temperature jump back up after the throttle is reopened, rather than the pipe busily sucking heat out of the gas. Has anyone experimented with this?

Bike
    TZ400
    I tested a pipe set back to back, one with as you say the "bumps" ground off the other with every joint hammered flat.
    This is easy if you are using gas with the very soft mild steel ferrox rods.
    The hammering can be extended each side of the join line and makes a nice smooth transition, especially in a tight turn up near the cylinder.
    Bottom line is that the hammered pipe made around 1.5 Hp more all the way up to the same power at peak, and same in the overev.
    I tig every pipe now as its way cheaper consumables and faster, but the tig rod filler in small holes is too hard to hammer flat, you have to flap wheel the
    bumps, but if I was going for the ultimate setup I would gas a pipe and charge a cheap more to do it.
    Most people wont pay for this and wouldnt notice the difference anyway.

Bike
    TZ400
    We used this castor mix oil for the first time when winning the KZ2 Nationals.
    I havnt dynoed it yet, but will do soon after a rebuild is finished.

http://www.kartsport.org.nz/about-us...-now-available

Seems most top kart teams use this now, no one gets it free, so they must have tested it to death in Europe.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I tig every pipe now as its way cheaper consumables and faster, but the tig rod filler in small holes is too hard to hammer flat, you have to flap wheel the
    bumps, but if I was going for the ultimate setup I would gas a pipe and charge a cheap more to do it.
    Most people wont pay for this and wouldnt notice the difference anyway.
    Get the heat right, purge the pipe with argon and the finish inside will look like you welded it from both sides.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Recently we came by one of RMS Engineering's RG50 engines.

Very nice port work and the O ring head gasket and O ring around the water jacket are nice touches and the dowel pins for locating the head is real professionalism.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS-Eng 009.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	298791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS-Eng 007.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	298790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS-Eng 006.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	298789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS-Eng 005.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	298788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RMS-Eng 012.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	298787  

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Well, I rode in F5 at Mt Welly today, got good starts every time and managed a third in the prelim race.

In the first points race I dropped it in the infield and Gigglebutton fell avoiding me, there were a few frantic moments sorting ourselves out and racing to see who would get re started first. In the end I followed Giggles home in both points races. My personal best for the day was 35.5 sec (anti clockwise).

The 50cc 2T F5 bikes at the sharp end were doing 30.5 sec or a bit less laps, and that would be a good showing in F4 A grade.

The A grade F4 race I watched had Garry making a flying start on the MB100. The race order was 2T- 4T - 2T untill Garry dropped it then the 4T led for a while, eventually falling in the same corner. So it was a win for the 2T.

The pace during the day was pretty furious with the 4T lowering the F4 lap record.

1415ABUC.xls The results of the 1st round of the 14/15 season of AMCC bucket racing from today.
    Tim will be updating the website. David Diprose

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    The results of Round 1 are now on Mylaps here: http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1045407

The championship standings after 1 round are on Mylaps here: http://www.mylaps.com/en/championships/31443

Links to the above have been placed on the AMCC bucket racing news page here: http://amcc.org.nz/index.php/menu-bu...acingnews.html

On the AMCC page I have also mentioned that all 3 current anti-clockwise lap records were broken on Sunday. Well done Aaron (F4), Nathanael (F5) and Brenton/Kamil (Sidecar). What a meeting! Tim

Aaron Hassan put down a 28.806 on Darren's RSFXR F4 bike and Nathaniel Diprose did a 30.486 on their F5 RS bike on Sunday going anti clock wise at Mt Wellington. Blistering!

I noticed there are some records and results up on the AMCC page, here: CLICK LINK

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Recently we came by one of RMS Engineering's RG50 engines.

Very nice port work and the O ring head gasket and O ring around the water jacket are nice touches and the dowel pins for locating the head is real professionalism.
    That looks like a motor we (Chris mostly I think I did the welding) built probably 15 or more years ago. It made a very rideable and competitive 11.5hp. The pipe was a mish mash of RG50 front section and hand made rear. Most if not all numbers came from Two Stroke Tuners book by a Graham Bell.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    We used this castor mix oil for the first time when winning the KZ2 Nationals.
    I havnt dynoed it yet, but will do soon after a rebuild is finished.

http://www.kartsport.org.nz/about-us...-now-available

Seems most top kart teams use this now, no one gets it free, so they must have tested it to death in Europe.
    Only told you about that a year ago , the oil itself may not be the answer but we have had jetted to the limit and had RAD changes that saw 1300F regularly. Never seized pistons survived

Bike
    TZ400
    Huge EGT temps mean Jack Shit, I have seen idiots with a stock head TZ350 running 2 base gaskets that saw 1360 for 20 laps without seizing.
    But funnily it was 5 seconds off the pace of a properly tuned one running 1245/1255 on AvGas.
    Getting the max com and max advance possible for the fuel ,without deto is the key - and for AvGas or up to 110 race gas ,mid 1200s at max power means you are on the money.
    One jet leaner , if it only sees around 20 to 30* hotter, means the optimum is back one jet richer, as the perfect scenario is 50 to 60* per jet change, as this always gets back to the max power available.
    Sure the oil must be good with so many top teams running it, but telling me you have seen 1300 ( like some sort of red badge of courage ) just means the rider wasnt watching the gauges/and or ignored
    the warning lights ( and should be shot ) or someone made a wrong tuning call on an engine that wasnt on the money to start with.
    On unleaded it would be detoing unhappily around 100* richer at 1200 if tuned to the edge.
    If it was really on the limit, it would have locked up at 1300 ,no matter what oil was on the bore.

Bike
    TZ400
    That was a bit of a rant - but having riders tell me afterwards they saw over 1300 on the gauge, but dont understand why the bloody motor siezed
    because they didnt change the jets ,from coming off the dyno really piss me off.

Thread Information