Page 370 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2703203603683693703713723804204708701370 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 39428

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    I've seen handlebars used in a section of stinger by a respected local racer/tuner...
    I have seen Furniture steel used at a pinch. Old school and children's chairs etc are thin wall steel. As are cheap gazebos, but I have never had problems obtaining small Dia tube from my local muffler shop.

The bend gas and very dry sand. It has to be dry or else it just creases.

Wednsday question for the panel
    What was the piovaticcis?

Who were the designers?
    where did they work afterwards?

PS Google won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Page 370 ....

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well it looks like I'm schmozzled with a 16x19 small end bearing. All the ones I've found in my spares drawer have been 16x20 or 15x19. Might have to make some bushes which is a pain. Can't stretch to another rod with other bills atm.
    Hey Dave,

Sorry I've missed your calls, haven't paid the phone bill so cant call back, I'll give you a call from home tonight, I may have a solution to the piston pin problem, its so crazy it just might work!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Wednsday question for the panel What was the piovaticcis? Who were the designers? where did they work afterwards?
    PS Google won't work.
    My Google works just fine. And it will return even more results if you omit that last S.
    As I am new to these panel questions: what's the first prize? (if it is attractive enough, I might even lure Jan Thiel into reacting ).

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Sorry Frits, Husabergs from the South

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thiel piovaticci.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	251784

1974, the master with his creation

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Hey Dave,

Sorry I've missed your calls, haven't paid the phone bill so cant call back, I'll give you a call from home tonight, I may have a solution to the piston pin problem, its so crazy it just might work!
    I got distracted making up an acetal version to get the juices flowing (obviously not to use). One would be closed at one end & T section inserted from the inside (which is too wide for he Honda rod so needs spacing anyways). But a simpler & better idea was forthcoming. Just harder to machine two with closed ends rather than straight through bush.

A plain bush solution may actually work ok if both ends are slightly shrouded (a 1mm step at the end so 14mm ID & then stepped down to 12) & the 14mm pin ground to the right length to push them apart so they retain the circlips & space the bearing properly without rubbing on it. This was the bit of the equation I was worried about.

Removal will still be possible by pushing the inner pin. I am considering using a 16mm pin as the bush, but it will be hardened so machining I'm not so sure about. Maybe Brass or SS will be easier. That's where you come in Sketchy. Hopefully.

I have ground circlip removal slots to I can use plain wire clips.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post

That looks like Bruno Lawrence from Smash Palace and The Crocodiles.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post

Number one Yes Husaberg is from the Tropical South and Special Dave considers me "Very attractive"
    Not sure if that's a compliment or not.

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Is that an old family snap? You're quite a handsome lad,

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    My Google works just fine. And it will return even more results if you omit that last S.
    As I am new to these panel questions: what's the first prize? (if it is attractive enough, I might even lure Jan Thiel into reacting ).

So the T90 is still in a shed? I need a headlight surround & the chrome strip for the seat of my stinger resto that I'm quietly collecting bits for

Yes the google works a lot better with the correct spelling Removing the S at the end. It seemed to be auto correcting for me.I was getting a lot of hotels and resorts
    I found reference to the bike in a Derbi article I will be posting soon.
    I question was an subtle attempt to to lure at least one the creators into give some details on what was a rather advanced creation for the time and a bike I had never heard of. Had a rather unique story of evolution and yet today still appears modern.
    The prize for the panel questions is a bit of a lucky dip.

The prizes are consisted mainly of adoration, respectful appreciation.

Because it is not likely that you have heard of Burno Lawerence here is a pic he was a NZ Character actor and entertainer/performer but probably not that well know outside of NZ and Aussie. A real Kiwi Icon.

http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/piovaticci.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burno.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	251795  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Kel sent me this link http://www.deraceheldenvanweleer.nl/...opic,51.0.html on the lifes work of Jan Thiel all in Dutch but its worth a look for the pictures alone, lots of mouth watering stuff on Jamathi's and other 50cc racers of the 60's -70's.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Kel sent me this link http://www.deraceheldenvanweleer.nl/...opic,51.0.html on the lifes work of Jan Thiel all in Dutch but its worth a look for the pictures alone, lots of mouth watering stuff on Jamathi's and other 50cc racers of the 60's -70's.
    Those pictures are all in English . And in case you are interested in "Jamathi's and other 50cc racers of the 60's" I've got a lot more photo material. Not just Jamathi, but also (in alphabetical order) Bultaco, DKW, Jawa, KTM, Kreidler, MZ, Ossa, Rumi, Suzuki and Yamaha, from 50 cc triples to 750 cc fours, all two-strokes.
    I've even got pictures of the works Hondas (both two- and foul-stroke).

Mental Trousers and yours truly just managed to work out a way to upload big files. Momentarily there is 37 MB of Aprilia information hovering in the cloud, waiting to be downloaded. Once you unzip it, it's over 70 MB.... And we could do the same with those other brands I just mentioned. Only if you are interested, of course....

The Aprilia stuff I uploaded, contains mostly drawings and photos; some works material, some made by myself, some made by others (so not all of it is copyright-free). It also contains manuals and parts lists of the works racers. They may give you some insight into the way these machines were built. They also offer a great opportunity to learn Italian; it's the way I started learning the lingo.

I keep saying Italian is easy. Just some examples: cilindro. pistone. carburatore. I bet you could decipher all of them.
    Of course not all words are this obvious. Google will tell you for instance that an Albero is a tree. But what are all those trees doing in an engine?
    Izze simple: Google forgot to tell that an albero is also a shaft. And with the help of the drawings in the manuals it's a doddle to figure out that an 'albero motore' is a crankshaft, that a cuscinetto is a bearing (a 'cushion' for the shaft) and that an ingranaggio is a gear.
    Now I am anxious to see how Mental Trousers is going to make my ZIPs accessible .

Bike
    N/A
    and foul-stroke).

I keep saying Italian is easy. Just some examples: cilindro. pistone. carburatore. I bet you could decipher all of them.
    Of course not all words are this obvious. Google will tell you for instance that an Albero is a tree. But what are all those trees doing in an engine?
    Izze simple: Google forgot to tell that an albero is also a shaft. And with the help of the drawings in the manuals it's a doddle to figure out that an 'albero motore' is a crankshaft, that a cuscinetto is a bearing and that an ingranaggio is a gear.
    Now I am anxious to see how Mental Trousers is going to make my ZIPs accessible .
    Haha now, wasn't that "oul" mistake on purpose??

You have a great sense of humor, Frits!

I had found a interview of Jan Thiel in the past. If you use google translate it is ok understandable.
    (Don't try your non-english native language, it will translate shafts to trees there too. I had the unfortunate idea to try greek.)

http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/...stroke-169193/

And there is another one on 50cc history: http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/engineering.html

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Those pictures are all in English . And in case you are interested in "Jamathi's and other 50cc racers of the 60's" I've got a lot more photo material. Not just Jamathi, but also (in alphabetical order) Bultaco, DKW, Jawa, KTM, Kreidler, MZ, Ossa, Rumi, Suzuki and Yamaha, from 50 cc triples to 750 cc fours, all two-strokes.
    I've even got pictures of the works Hondas (both two- and foul-stroke).

Mental Trousers and yours truly just managed to work out a way to upload big files. Momentarily there is 37 MB of Aprilia information hovering in the cloud, waiting to be downloaded. Once you unzip it, it's over 70 MB.... And we could do the same with those other brands I just mentioned. Only if you are interested, of course....
    A big thank you to you and Mental Trousers .... and yes yes very interested, Buckets is what we do, and in my case its because its what I can afford that allows me to get totaly involved tuning wise but all strokers interest us.

Yes please post it, here is ok and would be very welcome.

Bike
    Several
    Buckets is what we do, and in my case its because its what I can afford that allows me to get totaly involved tuning wise but all strokers interest us.
    Not to mention the high level of competition, great people, great events, great and a whole pile of dirty diesels to mop up.

Oh, forgot the roller-skating.

A big thank you to you and Mental Trousers .... and yes yes very interested,
    +1
    Yes please post it, here is ok and would be very welcome.
    +1 again.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Blog Entries
    ++ lots. Thank you for the chance to view material we would never otherwise have access to.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Number one Yes Husaberg is from the Tropical South and Special Dave considers me "Very attractive"
    Not sure if that's a compliment or not.
    To put that in perspective you had just posted a picture of a pasty Asian guy with a monster mullet sitting on a scooter or something . So that was you!

Thread Information