Page 531 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3143148152152953053153253354158163110311531 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,965 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Funny, I've got a few of those too, I guess they are pretty common considering the engine is likely to die well before anything else.

EDIT: I once bought a complete "running with a knock" VT250 for a packet of biscuits. I got it, took of the mirrors and a few other bit I wanted off it then contacted the local wrecker.
    I said: come and get it for free.
    The reply was: "shoulda kept the bikkies".

Yes i love Hondas but it is hard to love the early Vt250 from memory most of the problems revolved around the oiling.
    i think there were issues with the oil pressure and Bypass not actually bypassing when the idiots that was invariably a teenager never changed the oil or filter the pickup blocked.
    This lead to many of the problems that plagued what was a clever litlte bike. they are now quite reliable but a real bitch to work on ESP the early ones.IE take off the rad to do the tappets real clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian d'marge View Post
    How about this one then

Babay goes BANG

Stephen
    Looks like about 7 seconds to shut it down before the real big bang...

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes, but that's all in the game of finding a jetting that makes the engine happy.

Depends on the rpm; at low revs the crankcase is filled long before a piston-controled or disk-controled inlet port closes. The kinetic energy of the blow-back may even create an underpressure in the crankcase. And if the revs are really low, that underpressure can cause a restart of the induction process so that the engine inhales once, blows back once and inhales a second time, all within one inlet open period.
    I'm sorry but I can't resist being shit-stirrer here: Are you talking about 3 times past the mainjet?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yes i love Hondas but it is hard to love the early Vt250 from memory most of the problems revolved around the oiling.
    i think there were issues with the oil pressure and Bypass not actually bypassing when the idiots that was invariably a teenager never changed the oil or filter the pickup blocked.
    This lead to many of the problems that plagued what was a clever litlte bike. they are now quite reliable but a real bitch to work on ESP the early ones.IE take off the rad to do the tappets real clever.
    This was an early one. I've since turned down 3 free ones.
    From what I hear the Honda service bulletins are real funny/scary.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    husaberg
    This was an early one. I've since turned down 3 free ones.
    From what I hear the Honda service bulletins are real funny/scary.
    I guess they cost them a bit of Dough all right. Honda service bulletins are funny esp all the tools that you must have.
    Tools to do stuff you have done for years without them. Like engine specific case splitting tools etc.(rather than a mallet)
    I used to love the list of things that you have to check cause the guys in the factory were having a bad day or someone was away that day and one remember to do (Insert long list of stuff here) The atvs were cool because the crate were wooden so lots of timber (Oregeon)
    they still had no grease but took bugger all to put together.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    ... the engine inhales once, blows back once and inhales a second time, all within one inlet open period.
    I'm sorry but I can't resist being shit-stirrer here: Are you talking about 3 times past the main jet?
    Now who was that odd bod who tried to mock TeeZee for talking about 3 times past the main jet, he seems to have gone quiet.

Bike
    none
    at low revs the crankcase is filled long before a piston-controled or disk-controled inlet port closes. The kinetic energy of the blow-back may even create an underpressure in the crankcase. And if the revs are really low, that underpressure can cause a restart of the induction process so that the engine inhales once, blows back once and inhales a second time, all within one inlet open period.
    I'm sorry but I can't resist being shit-stirrer here: Are you talking about 3 times past the mainjet?
    Nope. 3 times past the needle jet (I can stir as well as you can ).

Bike
    husaberg

Three times past the mainjet is that exclusively a scooter thing?

There must be some dastardly skulduggery.... but it seems a bit rich to suggest there may be something afloat in the carb. Blah blah..I scoff at the moor suggestion....I am awash in a sea of fog
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    yes that's right, strictly speaking. It is 3 times past the needle jet.

And like Husa hints at, 3 times past the main jet, is something floating in the fuel bowl.

Bike
    TZ400
    The knock box has ended on ebay, but you can still go to the website.
    Can see no reason for anyone to shag about with homemade shit from Jaycar or whatever - this thing costs nothing and works perfectly.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Knock-gauge-...ht_1582wt_1297

Re coils for Ignitech.
    All DC - CDI systems work the best with coils that have very low primary resistance.
    I discovered that Suzuki had figured this out a long time ago with the RGV and later the Aprilia, so those coils work really well.
    But the same coil is available on TradeMe for around $40, it has less than 0.2 ohms primary.
    The other way to get max power into the gap is run both cdi in a P2 into the same coil.
    This doubles the power available and increases the spark burn duration considerably.
    Needs correct programming though - works a treat on RS125.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    That looks easy, must read a bit when I have some time. This work thing gets in the way, but more time on my hands would mean no money to spend.
    Thanks for the link.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The other way to get max power into the gap is run both cdi in a P2 into the same coil.
    This doubles the power available and increases the spark burn duration considerably.
    Needs correct programming though - works a treat on RS125.
    I think it's still there Wob, just not ready-to-deliver, until 19/6 as the mister says.
    Very clever idea that of using both signals in one coil! You would need to connect the in line though - and it would generate a huge voltage
    Then it's all up to lobe triggering synchronisation

By the way, I checked the Selettra coil's primary/secondary R.
    I got 0.6~0.7Ω for the primary and about 5kΩ for the secondary. Far from <0.2Ω

Bike
    TZ400
    The two cdi outputs are simply paired together.
    Doubles the energy, the voltage stays the same as one channel.
    And both inputs run off the same lobe, programmed in software as two coils using the same trigger.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Clever head design, Wob, you have some catching up to do

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Messeduphead.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	265007

EDIT: Pic taken from another forum, someone bought a used KX 125, found this and asked about the "neat" design..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Sweet, maybe next try one of those swirly rifled designs.

I guess they were thinking it would lower the MSV but keep the charge in a smaller area. but why on earth would the charge just not slip over the edge, you'd have more lost in those holes & those edges could get mighty hot. Nice consistent job he's done
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    The drillings would possibly create alot more turbulence in the advancing flame front, thus improving combustion speed.
    But I believe that a sharp corner at the squish edge does the same thing, and the toroid/bathtub shape pulls the plug down
    into the area that has the greatest turbulence - I will stick with that approach.

Thread Information