Page 533 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3343348352353153253353453554358363310331533 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    tf bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    And I know from experience that TZ sprockets must use lockwire or the old bent tab retainers, as with no cush in the clutch - or the rear hub ( unlike all the road bikes)
    these bolts loosen monotonously.
    Good to know, cheers wobbly
    TF has cush rubbers in the clutch so hopefully will help a little

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Shoulder bolts/screws are designed specifically for what you need them for. They resist shear with a portion of plain shank. We snapped an EN39 axle in the sidecar and the bolts were still good. Normal HT bolts started to shear after one meeting but proper shoulder bolts never even looked like they had been used, nearly.

The important thing is to accurately machine everything so the load is evenly distributed.

Check this site http://www.industrialtooling.co.nz/p.../?item=MIL0610

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Cant you just drill and retap it ?
    Yeah i can, (but not as well as Honda did) plus there is not an awful of of material to work with.
    From memory it is 6 vs 8mm.
    Hopefully some engineer type will give some simple easy to follow advice to design parameters.
    Around a design able to contain say 40hp with a reliability factor of say 200%
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    tf bucket

ATAC valve update

Cows are dry, that means more time in the shed

Here is the latest version ; using a jaycar frequency counter/switch to drive a R1 servo motor to operate the spool valve on the header pipe

Using a DPDT switch mounted on the servo to reverse the motor - unless someone can point me at an electronic limit/polarity switch to make use of the servo`s in built potentiometer ??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01099.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	265091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01100.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	298.6 KB 
ID:	265092  

Bike
    husaberg
    And I know from experience that TZ sprockets must use lockwire or the old bent tab retainers, as with no cush in the clutch - or the rear hub ( unlike all the road bikes)
    these bolts loosen monotonously.

I have seen i am sure TZ's with a cush drive in the clutch I have not seen early ones but i'm sure the late ones had oval rubbers?
    like these

http://www.raveengineering.com/shop/item.php?id=171

weird they don't look like they are on the parts fiche and are not listed as a seperate part?

OH yeah i just read a article that says at least one model of the 360 KTM's that King used to keep finishing second on. had a Atac style valve in the exhaust header so add them to the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Rg50 Fxr's150
    Blog Entries

Tuning FXR

Thanks boys for the help with my FXR. I made and fitted the the longer intake as you suggested Rob. Way better down low and smoother to.
    Cant wait to try it tomorrow.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmaken View Post
    Here is the latest version ; using a jaycar frequency counter/switch to drive a R1 servo motor to operate the spool valve on the header pipe

Using a DPDT switch mounted on the servo to reverse the motor - unless someone can point me at an electronic limit/polarity switch to make use of the servo`s in built potentiometer ??
    http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm servo controller by IgnTech.

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I have seen i am sure TZ's with a cush drive in the clutch I have not seen early ones but i'm sure the late ones had oval rubbers?
    like these

http://www.raveengineering.com/shop/item.php?id=171

weird they don't look like they are on the parts fiche and are not listed as a seperate part?

OH yeah i just read a article that says at least one model of the 360 KTM's that King used to keep finishing second on. had a Atac style valve in the exhaust header so add them to the list.
    70's TZ's had rubbers like those in the clutch, I think the hub rivet that holds the clutch outer hub together went through the hole.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmaken View Post
    Cows are dry, that means more time in the shed

Nice work Farmaken (twice in a week).

you could look at a small PLC (12v version) and programme it to do what you need.
    I'll have a talk to my electronics engineer next week, I'm sure he can suggest something cheap and cheerful.

Bike
    TZ400
    The ATAC valve needs to be opened and closed at a set rpm, there is NO advantage to ramping it over an rpm span.
    Thus the best, cheapest, quickest solution is a small push or pull, spring return solenoid, operated by an rpm switch.
    The servo motor solution is overkill and unnecessarily complex.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    N/A
    The two cdi outputs are simply paired together.
    Doubles the energy, the voltage stays the same as one channel.
    And both inputs run off the same lobe, programmed in software as two coils using the same trigger.
    I misunderstood Wob. But I don't get how the spark energy will be doubled. I have to search it on my own to understand it my way, but thanks! After all it's just physics.

Did you guys knew of this page? http://www.ntproject.com/software_cbs.htm
    They have some two stroke software and some chassis spec software.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    The two cdi outputs are simply paired together.
    Doubles the energy, the voltage stays the same as one channel.
    I don't get how the spark energy will be doubled.
    Electrical energy is Voltage and Current.

There is twice the amount of current released from two capacitors at the same voltage (2 channels) for potentially twice the energy being released into the ignition coil as there is from one capacitor (channel) by itself.

With the two channels working, the current drawn from the battery or charging circuit by the IgniTech DC-CDI-2 will be twice as high as running only one channel as the IgniTech has got to get the extra energy to punch a fatter spark from somewhere.

For the Odd Bod who is pedantic about accuracy, the words "twice as much" paint the picture but are being used a bit loosely because inductance, resistance and increased back EMF reduce the result, so in reality its potentially much more than one but something less than twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    Did you guys knew of this page? http://www.ntproject.com/software_cbs.htm
    They have some two stroke software and some chassis spec software.
    Only for the VHSH30 Dellorto but interesting carb setup software all the same.

""Currently the software SET-UP Carburetor Experience is available for Dellorto carburetor VHSH30 and was developed in four configurations dedicated to engines used in 125 KZ1-KZ2 Championships, Junior Rok Vortex, Rok Vortex and Super Rok Vortex""

The VHSH30 Dellorto carburetor, it looks like a round slide but is in fact a flat slide carb and about $350 Euro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VHSH_Z4LwuSABsiPQ.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	265114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30-Dellorto-VHSH-carb-kit-flat-slide.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	265115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dellorto_vhsh_cs_grande.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	265116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entre_vhsh30_do.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	265117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vhsh30_demonte_do.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	265118  

Bike
    TZ400
    Think of the two cdi units as battery's that supply "power" to the ignition coil.
    Run two batteries in parrallel and the voltage stays the same - but potentially twice the current is available.
    As the coil resistance ( plus inductive reactance) stays the same, this doubled current creates potentially more than twice the power in the coil.
    as power = Watts = Current squared * R, the watts are more than doubled.
    This translates differently in practice.
    On a scope the initiall arc -over voltage and time is the same, but the actual burn time ( or the period where the stored energy in the capacitors bleeds down ) by the spark
    ionising the molecules in the gap,increases around 3 fold.
    The other method of increasing the spark energy is to increase the inductive reactance of the coil, this is why the RGV/Aprilia low primary resistance coils work well with a DC - CDI.
    Even better is a huge Crane coil that is used in Nascar CDI systems.
    A twin Ignitech driving one of these pulls 6A continuous and will destroy the ground electrode of a "normal" plug.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Even better is a huge Crane coil that is used in Nascar CDI systems.
    A twin Ignitech driving one of these pulls 6A continuous and will destroy the ground electrode of a "normal" plug.
    With one of those we may be able to get 30+ hp at the back wheel without even turning the petrol on ...

Hi Wob, at 12,000 rpm how many degrees is the single channels spark duration.

Would it be possible to delay the second channel a few degrees for an even longer or possibly second spark?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Would it be possible to delay the second channel a few degrees for an even longer or possibly second spark?
    Not the right one, but you get the idea...

http://www.msdignition.com/instructi....pdf?terms=mc3
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    An excerpt from:-

Testing Spark Plug Wires

Copyright (C) 1997, All Rights Reserved.
    David Kucharczyk &ltssr@netcom.com

http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/DavidKucharczyk/ignition.html

Anatomy Of A Spark

To understand spark plug wires, it helps to understand some of the physics behind a spark. You get a spark when an insulator breaks down and allows a rapid discharge of electrons across it. A spark consists of four distinct phases. The first phase is a sudden decrease in resistance, which leads to the second phase, which is marked by current runaway (a feedback condition where more current flow causes lower resistance and thus even more current flow). The third phase is indicated by a voltage collapse as the low resistance path discharges the built up energy and finally the fourth phase which is indicated by a low voltage with high current flow through the insulating material.

Here is a voltage vs. time plot of a typical spark from an automotive ignition coil. The voltage rises rapidly until breakdown of the the mixture occurs (1), which is followed by voltage collapse and stabilization at a high current and constant voltage (2). Spark duration (t) runs about 1.5 mS.

The initial breakdown is caused a high electric field density. An electric field has a direct relationship to voltage. The higher the voltage, the stronger the electric field. Electric fields have a tendency to accelerate any charged particles within them such as free electrons or ions. As the particles are accelerated, they hit nearby atoms and knock electrons from them, which then are in turn accelerated by the field. If the field is strong enough, the reaction cascades until a large enough number of the atoms in the insulator are ionized to cause breakdown and conduction.

For a given voltage, field density is inversely proportional to the radius of the surface. Therefore, arcs are most likely to start at any corners or sharp points as these areas will have their greatest field density.

In a spark plug, gas (air and vaporized gasoline) provides the insulator which is broken down. Generally, the initial breakdown voltage is higher in gases with higher molecular weights, so adding gasoline to the mixture increases the breakdown voltage. Increased pressure also increases the breakdown voltage. The relationship of pressure vs. breakdown voltage is also affected by the distance between the two electrodes and a combined pressure X spacing number is used. At pressure X spacing values over 1 (N/m^2)m the relationship is nearly linear, ie a 10 X increase in pressure will yield almost a 10 X increase in breakdown voltage. Air has a breakdown voltage of 1000 volts at a pressure spacing value of 10.

What all the above means with regard to igniting the mixture in a motor is; The higher the cylinder pressure and the more fuel there is, the higher the voltage needs to be to start a spark.

Once the arc is started, any airflow over the electrodes has a tendency to carry the ionized (conducting) gas away and blow the arc out. As soon as the arc breaks apart, the voltage rises gain and the arc may re-form. If the airflow is high enough to carry the partially ionized gas away faster than it can re-form, the spark will blow out.
    Spark Plug Wires

Thread Information