Page 786 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 28668673677678478578678778879683688612861786 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    I checked with MNZ, yes its a typo, the F4 rule is still air cooled for 125 two strokes.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Slowly, the big issue is that the tripple tree stem is 10mm to short for the head stock and modifying it is taking its time.

The rake/trail angles are problimatic too, I hoped to get them right by jacking up the back but have to have the head stock sorted first.

Probably go back to riding the old Beast for now.
    Tricky. What are you aiming for with the rake/trail. I have been running My bike at 22.5 rake and not sure what the trail is. Must be close to 85 / 86mm. I have made it short as pos but still it has a wheelbase of 1320. Anyway these numbers work well for my bike and me. It tips in fast and steady and holds the line under power really nice. I will be trying to to get my RGV 250 as close as possible to these numbers. If I were you I would start with an MC21. So good, and all you need do is make it ligher. Anyway hope that is of some use.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    If I were you I would start with an MC21. So good, and all you need do is make it ligher.
    I had a MC21 around here some place, wonder what happened to it? have you seen it? ...

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    I had a MC21 around here some place, wonder what happened to it? have you seen it? ...
    Oh shit. Somehow it wound up in my garage. I feel a little guilty but no you can't have it back. Plenty for cheap on Yahoo actions. Just got to get them here. Got any buddys in Japan.

Bike
    husaberg
    Oh shit. Somehow it wound up in my garage. I feel a little guilty but no you can't have it back. Plenty for cheap on Yahoo actions. Just got to get them here. Got any buddys in Japan.
    Rob its time to hack that MC16 frame you know you want to...............
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Rob its time to hack that MC16 frame you know you want to...............
    Yes I want to get rake and trail numbers like Richban suggested.

Bike
    husaberg
    Yes I want to get racke and trail numbers like Richban suggested.
    They are very close to the NX4. But as Rich said the wheelbase is longer you could trim that with a couple of deft cuts with the hacksaw.

Gave up doing math and found this.....It might have been posted before but i can't be bothered looking to see.
    http://www.offroadvw.net/tech/wes/fan.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    I have been running My bike at 22.5 rake and not sure what the trail is. Must be close to 85 / 86mm. I have made it short as pos but still it has a wheelbase of 1320. Anyway these numbers work well for my bike and me. It tips in fast and steady and holds the line under power really nice.
    If a rider is happy with the handling of his bike, then it is almost impossible for him to imagine that it could be even better. But it can always be better.
    Rake is not so important; trail is. 85 mm is a good value if you have enough load on the front wheel. A 1320 mm wheelbase is good for a 250 cc GP-racer; it wil make a 125 cc bike sluggish, especially on the tight tracks I see on your videos. 1200 mm would be more like it, and the best way to work towards it is to steepen the rake, either by lowering the front, jacking up the rear or wielding an angle grinder.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Gave up doing math and found this..... http://www.offroadvw.net/tech/wes/fan.html

• fan air delivery varies directly as the speed varies (linear relationship)
    cfm2 = (rpm2/rpm1) x cfm1
    • fan pressure varies as the square of the speed
    SP2 = (rpm2/rpm1)² x SP1
    • required fan horsepower varies as the cube of the speed
    hp2 = (rpm2/rpm1)³ x hp1

I suspect the apparent maximum flow of the vw fan was actually due to the fan belt slipping at a certain rpm, therefore the fan speed did not increase any further.
    I can see why TZ wants to use a leaf blower to keep the fan delivery constant.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    If a rider is happy with the handling of his bike, then it is almost impossible for him to imagine that it could be even better. But it can always be better.
    Rake is not so important; trail is. 85 mm is a good value if you have enough load on the front wheel. A 1320 mm wheelbase is good for a 250 cc GP-racer; it wil make a 125 cc bike sluggish, especially on the tight tracks I see on your videos. 1200 mm would be more like it, and the best way to work towards it is to steepen the rake, either by lowering the front, jacking up the rear or wielding an angle grinder.
    Yes totally agree. That is just how it is now. I keep playing and trying to improve it. I keep thinking god I wish I had worked harder on setup sooner. Maybe I would not have so many scars. Thanks for your input. Maybe when I get better with the tig I will try one from scratch. Well more like chop shop style.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    100cc water cooled twostroke, unlimited cylinders?
    A cylinder is defined as a combustion chamber.

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Yes i linked it in response to Ocean, but the Canam series had an open limit open engine size.
    I even posted a video of runing, it it sounds rather funky but would have to be the ugliest race car ever.........
    Sorry, sloppy reading on my part, and a bit worked up having recently read an article on the people behind the design.
    It might be ugly, but I do like the two-stroke aspect

Bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elf 001.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	283357

It was good having this little chat about fuels recently, now I know this super oxygenated Elf stuff is legal I can dig out the two 40 liter drums I was given and maybe see what can be done with it.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    It was good having this little chat about fuels recently, now I know this super oxygenated Elf stuff is legal I can dig out the two 40 liter drums I was given and maybe see what can be done with it.
    And it fits the bill perfectly
    A. Cost; cheap, someone else paid for it.
    B. Availability; found in TZ's back shed.
    C. Toxicity; no lead.
    D. Quality; well its Elf race fuel what else is there to say.
    E. Power;

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Oh well if there's no lead it must be fit to drink.

Careful Rob, there's a picture of a cam on the can. The GP might only fire every 4th cycle running on that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information