Page 577 of 2632 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757557657757857958762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 39473

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I had wondered about that, bleading float valve and fuel dribbling into the engine while sitting, that sort of thing, but tonight I checked straight after a brisk dyno session and the puddle was there.
    I'm more meaning on over run with the ignition off when turning it off.

I know very little about these things, and would appreciate if someone knows why it wouldn't be the case.

The puddle looked quite dark also, had it been in the crank cases and sorta...floated (only term I could come up with to fit what I mean) down after cooling. You know, like the opposite of evapourating. The word is fuckin gone from my head, I've done a refridgeration course, I should know it.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    so who was saying that post classics was cheaper than buckets

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-501542957.htm

I nearly got one of these 10 years ago for $5000 but my DAD said it was a waste of money (and he was right)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tz350e.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	267919
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Is it possible that just happens when you shut it down?
    I'm more meaning on over run with the ignition off when turning it off.
    For the same throttle opening whether the ignition is on or turned off, the same amount of air/fuel is sucked in and passes through the motor.

Turn the ignition off and its kinetic energy thats spinning the crank and with the ignition on, its the energy in the fuel thats spinning the crank.

If the crank is spinning air and fuel is sucked in regardless of whether it then gets burnt or not.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    For the same throttle opening whether the ignition is on or turned off, the same amount of air/fuel is sucked in and passes through the motor.
    It is the exhaust pipe that is doing 75% of the sucking, provided that there is combustion....

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    It is the exhaust pipe that is doing 75% of the sucking, provided that there is combustion....
    I hadn't thought to figure the effect of the 2-Strokes exhaust into it, yes true, unlike a simple 4-stroke a tuned 2 with an expansion chamber would have more suck at the right rpm with the ignition on.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    . . . In a reed valve setup,tuned for peak power around 12000 rpm, we find that the best tuned length is around 135mm from the reed tip, to the end of the bellmouth works best.
    What this does is hard to explain but easy to show you.
    The wave bouncing up and down the intake length, when its "in tune", will arrive at the reeds as a + going pressure ratio, at the same time as the case drops below atmospheric, due to the piston rising - plus the pipe diffuser sucking like hell on the Ex Port around BDC.
    When this happens the reeds have + on one side and - on the other.They open real fast, with little "flow energy" being waisted, and Hp is made big time for free..
    With this & Frits advice on keeping the tract as short as I could(ish) I have flowed a control reedblock (the differing epoxy makes it look like there is a bad match but I used Kneedit as its easy to form & then Devcon over the top to smooth it out. Then I ground & sanded it back. Needs more but will do for now. Next block will incorporate a fin & test against this one.

But then I measure it & it is 160mm from reed tip to bellmouth (photo makes it hard to see but it is squared up).

I want to peak faster still than 12, probably 13,000, but I'm no where near even 135mm to the Bell mouth. I could perhaps find a shorter manifold rubber, but only by a few mm & mill into the 10mm ally plate. But I'd only find 10mm tops. The manifold is only about 30mm long. Going to the 36mm PWK makes the assembly even longer.

currently an early TZR block (only just fits) with VJ21 32mm Mik.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reed to carb 2.JPG 
Views:	675 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	267944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reed and manifold.JPG 
Views:	750 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	267945  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Honda Hawk

Deto Sensor ?

Hi Guys
    Has anyone hooked a deto sensor, the piece that is used on the block of a car to a set of head phones to see if it would work like the pickup with the microphone glued to a clip ? The other thing that would be interesting is to use some recording software to see what the deto looks like.

Gary

Bike
    Exercycle
    [QUOTE=Buckets4Me;1130373684]so who was saying that post classics was cheaper than buckets

Saw that at the Burt Munro last year...let's just say he's a tad optimistic......

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HPbyGD View Post
    Hi Guys
    Has anyone hooked a deto sensor, the piece that is used on the block of a car to a set of head phones to see if it would work like the pickup with the microphone glued to a clip ? The other thing that would be interesting is to use some recording software to see what the deto looks like.

Gary
    The deto sensor is a piezo so will always produce voltage (noise), but its the big spikes so you'd have to filter. But that is what the Knock gauge plugs into.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    so who was saying that post classics was cheaper than buckets

Saw that at the Burt Munro last year...let's just say he's a tad optimistic......
    Hi Grumph ... so, if its not 16K, what is a TZ350G in really nice condition worth then?

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    You know, like the opposite of evapourating. The word is fuckin gone from my head, I've done a refridgeration course, I should know it.
    Nevapourating ?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    BSA A10
    The puddle looked quite dark also, had it been in the crank cases and sorta...floated (only term I could come up with to fit what I mean) down after cooling. You know, like the opposite of evapourating. The word is fuckin gone from my head, I've done a refridgeration course, I should know it.
    Condensing?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Condensing?
    Not the word we use when refering to refridgerant in a split system, but correct none the less I suppose.

Cheers.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    The puddle looked quite dark also ...
    It did look dirty and it shouldn't be, I was puzzled by that, I will have a better look when I get back to work.

Thread Information