Page 369 of 2633 FirstFirst ... 2693193593673683693703713794194698691369 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 39488

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Yo momma
    Who was it that did a fair amount of races on the BSL? IIRC it was an Aussie and he did a lot of bitching about it 'ruined my career' and such. But maybe I am thinking of something else.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    From my own pics from the show. + the ally one that was built earlier. Kevlar one is sitting about 2k from here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1738.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	483.9 KB 
ID:	251687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1740.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	489.2 KB 
ID:	251688  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    EngMod2T

Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    A small trick I use is this: say I see the value of delay at 10500 is between 10 and 12. I limit the Y-axis between these two, and set the X-axis to start at 10500. It says the exact value right on the Y-axis scale.

Basically, now that I think about it, while you keep using Prediscribed, there is no need for too great an accuracy, since you are only looking for differences between modifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    TeeZee, yes best fit curve is fine for combustion data, its the value trend that is important. More especially when you are simply doing pipe performance tests, as the combustion characteristic will remain a constant.
    Thanks for the tips, got that part working now.... this is how I went about it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled 2.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	251691

To select the file and range, I had to enter both Y (data range) and X (rpm) values or the screen screwed up.

Name:	untitled 1.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	251690

Selected the variable I wanted to graph.

Name:	untitled 3.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	251689

And there I have it, an expanded chart for more accuracy.

And I have finaly found the list of definitions.

RPM
    Simulated engine rpm
    P-av
    Average engine power over the last three cycles (kW)
    Torque
    The engine torque related to P-av. (Nm)
    Tex-AvC
    Average temperature in center of exhaust (ºC)
    Tex-Av
    T Average temperature at transducer position in exhaust header (ºC)
    Power
    Power per cylinder (kW)
    Imep
    Indicated mean effective pressure per cylinder (bar)
    Bmep
    Brake mean effective pressure per cylinder (bar)
    Fmep
    Friction mean effective pressure (bar)
    Dratio
    Delivery ratio per cylinder
    Purc
    Purity of the mixture in the cylinder at exhaust port closure
    Seff
    Purity of the mixture in the cylinder at transfer port closure
    Teff
    Trapping efficiency per cylinder
    Ceff
    Charging efficiency per cylinder
    BSFC
    Brake specific fuel consumption per cylinder (kg/kWh)
    TC-av
    Average maximum cylinder temperature per cylinder (ºC)
    TUBmax
    Maximum unburned mixture temperature per cylinder (ºC)
    MaxDeg
    Degrees after TDC where maximum cylinder pressure occurs per cylinder
    Timing
    Ignition timing (ºBTDC)
    Delay
    The user prescribed delay period in degrees (deg)
    Durat
    The user prescribed combustion duration (burn period) in degrees (deg)
    TAF
    Trapped Air/fuel ratio
    VibeDelay
    The calculated delay period for a turbulent combustion model (for the prescribed combustion model it is the same as "Delay")
    VibeDurat
    The calculated burn period for a turbulent combustion model (for the prescribed combustion model it is the same as "Durat")
    VibeA
    The calculated Vibe A value for a turbulent combustion model (for the prescribed combustion model it is the same as prescribed)
    VibeM
    The calculated Vibe M value for a turbulent combustion model (for the prescribed combustion model it is the same as prescribed)

The units are standard SI units: kg, s, Nm, kW etc.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Who was it that did a fair amount of races on the BSL? IIRC it was an Aussie and he did a lot of bitching about it 'ruined my career' and such. But maybe I am thinking of something else.
    I know you don't mean this guy.
    but I guess he may regret this decision to wear the misses undergarments on this occasion. Or maybe not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simon Crafer.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	251718  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZ400
    The Oz was Willis, but I fail to see how BSL ruined his career.
    He got onto the Modenas team working for Kenny, when the BSL was stopped from racing by Dorna..
    He was the quickest KR3 rider, so there were other reasons he didnt get to stay in 500GP.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well it looks like I'm schmozzled with a 16x19 small end bearing. All the ones I've found in my spares drawer have been 16x20 or 15x19. Might have to make some bushes which is a pain. Can't stretch to another rod with other bills atm.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The Oz was Willis, but I fail to see how BSL ruined his career.
    He got onto the Modenas team working for Kenny, when the BSL was stopped from racing by Dorna..
    He was the quickest KR3 rider, so there were other reasons he didnt get to stay in 500GP.
    Thanks for the reply.
    The career ruining thing was something I vaguely remember reading some time ago. Maybe/probably thinking of someone else.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well it looks like I'm schmozzled with a 16x19 small end bearing. All the ones I've found in my spares drawer have been 16x20 or 15x19. Might have to make some bushes which is a pain. Can't stretch to another rod with other bills atm.
    you could always sell the piston to me to add to the collection for the future (took my a long time to sort out that YZ100's would fit my TZR project).

what about a crowded roller (as getting 1.5mm roller pins is easy enough) and packing washers (what was it: grown men cry.. Bell..)?
    or could you pull a 15*19 apart and put in larger rollers (the cage maybe be slightly off centre as a result but...; just a thought don't shoot me down).

or machine up some small end - end caps (that act as spacers/bushings as well) (Woobly/Fits blow-by preventers) and taper/step the ends of the pin to match it all up nicely and provides some meat to the bushes??
    again don't shoot me down; just some of the crazy ideas that came to me to resolve my issues.
    Last edited by Bert; 29th November 2011 at 19:54. Reason: no hope in hell of passing School C english!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    ... what about a crowed roller (as getting 1.5mm roller pins is easy enough) and packing washers (what was it: grown men cry.. Bell) ...
    1.5 mm crowded rollers with end washers and assembled up using a short dummy pin is my bet.

Bike
    TZ400
    16 by 19 isnt a standard size in any of my references.
    But crowded rollers in a small end is going back to McCulloch chainsaw days, they all rub like hell on each other and die under any load
    that a caged roller setup would live happily with all day.
    Must be another way??
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for looking guys, I'll have to go down the bush path. There is a heap of room in between the pin bosses so I would have had to run some thrust washers in the Yam piston anyway (found out the hard way putting a RD piston in my MB50 back 1990). So there is room for bushes & I already have some scribbled pictures moments after the piston arrived. Bit of a pity to be doing some intricate engineering on what was hopefully going to be an interim solution & esp while I'm a bit broke atm. Taking my eye off doing new cases.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    quick question for the pipe builders: Stinger tube? Trying to think who would carry off cuts of thin wall steel tube with an ID of between 19-20mm. I kinda want to get it bent too. Too small for muffler shops to carry or bend.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    If I need thin light tube I make it myself from .8mm mild steel. I smash it into shape on a bar with the correct OD. I cut it on a guillotine so the edges are nice and straight, make it a good tight fit, and seam weld it while it's still on the bar. Quite often it needs a good hammering with a ball pein hammer to unjam it. Hammering it with a rubber mallet gives it a nice smooth finish. For stinger tube I've got some mandrel bends of 20mm ID from a custom motorcycle exhaust place here in Auckland. The walls aren't so thin but it's OK.

Bike
    Several
    Does anyone know the crankcase volume of an MB 100??

I will eventually measure mine but its a real prick to sort out and if anyone has an easy answer they are willing to share I'd be keen to know.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    quick question for the pipe builders: Stinger tube? Trying to think who would carry off cuts of thin wall steel tube with an ID of between 19-20mm. I kinda want to get it bent too. Too small for muffler shops to carry or bend.
    I've seen handlebars used in a section of stinger by a respected local racer/tuner...
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information