Page 1192 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1926921092114211821190119111921193119412021242129216922192 ... LastLast
Results 17,866 to 17,880 of 39424

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    soooo no time frame on a green light yet?
    Maybe, maybe not, I haven't go a clue. I've always tried to keep away from legal mumbo-jumbo as much as possible.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Neil, have a look at this. I can see quite a bit of you in this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKMLYFVwNVg There are bigger ones as well.
    The German V1 Doodlebug had steel reed valves; the pulse jet in the video is the pure version as far as I'm concerned: valveless, just gas dynamics.
    I once sketched a reed valve version for a neighbour and lent him a 34 mm Mikuni carb to help him on his way.
    The noise was incredible and so was the length of the emerging flame: he almost reduced his parents' shed to ashes. Oh well, the things you do when you're young...

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    The noise was incredible and so was the length of the emerging flame: he almost reduced his parents' shed to ashes. Oh well, the things you do when you're young...
    Noise and flames....great.

Frits, next year the newly homologated KZ engines will be released (I think). I was thinking about the Modena and as to whether it may get in. The rules are pretty tight it seems, and in various translations, confusing.
    As an alternative to the 24/7 mechanism, what about using spring steel reeds (as opposed to stainless) and use electromagnets in the housing that were capable of lifting and holding the petals out? Always the concerns of metal reeds breaking off and being ingested, but maybe over a certain rpm they can be held open, thereby reducing fatigue failure issues.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    none
    Yer, pistons are so last century, who needs them.
    Would you prefer jet propulsion? Better make sure that you're on pole position at each traffic light then, or you'll receive a free haircut, shave and eyebrow removal .

Eventually we'll all go electric. But not quite yet. Storing the necessary energy directly in batteries will require a breakthrough in battery technology that I cannot see happening any time soon, so I think the fuel cell will be the way to go.
    My sarcastic view: "Hydrogen is the fuel of the future and it will probably remain so forever". Not only because of the lacking hydrogen distribution infrastructure, but also because of the huge storage problem. Even if you do not use your future vehicle at all after after filling the hydrogen tank, it will be half empty again in two weeks time because the hydrogen molecules are so small that they escape right through the walls of the tank; neither steel, carbon or rubber can keep the H2 in.

I think the most practical approach will be to fill the tank with a liquid hydrocarbon fuel like we do now, use an on-board reformer to extract the hydrogen from this fuel, and feed it into a fuel cell. There will be losses, but the efficiency will still be much better than that of a combustion engine. And the complete infrastructure is already here.

Bike
    none
    Frits, next year the newly homologated KZ engines will be released (I think). I was thinking about the Modena and as to whether it may get in. The rules are pretty tight it seems, and in various translations, confusing.
    As an alternative to the 24/7 mechanism, what about using spring steel reeds (as opposed to stainless) and use electromagnets in the housing that were capable of lifting and holding the petals out? Always the concerns of metal reeds breaking off and being ingested, but maybe over a certain rpm they can be held open, thereby reducing fatigue failure issues.
    The international kart governing body FIA-CIK considers electrickery a thing of the devil; they do not even allow variable ignition or electric power valves and power jets. And I'm convinced that they will find a way to block the 24/7 Modena even though the valves are purely mechanically operated.
    Modena and the CIK don't exactly see eye to eye; after Modena introduced its synthetic flow-guiding inlet insert, the other kart engine manufacturers conspired and the CIK announced that the insert would not be accepted again at the next homologation round, although it's just a piece of plastic that every manufacturer could make at next to no cost. In fact it was initially developed by Modena so the complex milling of the transition from the reed cavity to the transfers could be skipped. My suggestion to use a plastic with low thermal conductivity also contributed a bit to engine power.

Bike
    Norton Manx

Major Save.

Epic.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    I think a p2 ignitech with fairly minor software changes could handle the 30k ignition, just have the CPU alternate the input pulses to the 2internal cdi's the problem isn't the speed of the input pulses just the time it takes to charge the capacitor in the cdi .this way it will act like a 15000 ignition
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    variety
    Studs are better. If you tighten a head bolt, you generate a tension force in the bolt and a rubbing movement between the male and female threads at the same time. Especially the female thread in the light-alloy cylinder body doesn't like that.
    If you use studs, tightening the nuts will put the same tension force in the studs, but at this stage there is no movement between the male thread of the studs and the female thread in the cylinder body any more, so no wear.
    thnx frits. thats what i was thinking also. with bolts my routine is tighten in increment steps and that would obviously put twisting tension on the cylinder threads at each step of the tightening process, which im trying to avoid. studs would eliminate that.

i kept a IR gun close by and tried to keep the heat as low as possible but since im a novice welder at best, im sure i heated it a bit more than need be but its a learning process. still the gun never measured much over 400F even moments after shutting down the arc. will have a bottle of 75% argon and 25% helium tomorow to try. i hear the helium mix helps with cast aluminum

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    The German V1 Doodlebug had steel reed valves; the pulse jet in the video is the pure version as far as I'm concerned: valveless, just gas dynamics.
    I once sketched a reed valve version for a neighbour and lent him a 34 mm Mikuni carb to help him on his way.
    I used to spin tiny valve-less pulse jets up from copper tube. Had to make quite a few before I got them so they would firstly light up and then remain stable. Unfortunately the end result was a heat profile that meant the combustion chamber was hot enough to remain annealed, but the exhaust work hardened and split in a remarkably short time.

Darwin had it all wrong.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Come on, more wild speculation on Ryger please. Anyone? Husa is doing his fair share

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR

Athena EFI 2T

Here's one for you TZ, now we just need someone to translate the hieroglyphics

Athena EFI 2T article

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athena EFI 2T.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	312531

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Come on, more wild speculation on Ryger please. Anyone? Husa is doing his fair share
    Meh, we're done with the Ryger. What if we replaced the steel reed valves on the jet with high temp carbon fibre, bent the reed stops back and polished the insides with some of that porting paste they used to advertise in 80s dirt bike magazines? Then we could get it going real fast and burn sheds down quicker.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    We aim to please:
    http://www.athenaparts.com/eng/blog/...ustion-control
    http://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=...=athena%20dicc

I also have a nice PDF on the subject but I can't see a way to attach it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athena-GET injectie.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	766.5 KB 
ID:	312532  

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    You're a taskmaster Flettner! Yep, it'd be good to get this sorted before the patent comes out. Sort of Southern Hemisphere vs North. Then you can go and make one.

Frits, would it be fair to say the piston reciprocating weight be more than the piston it is replacing? This would mean the piston in its entirety, including any form of rigidly connected piston rod or tube.

That's it for today.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post

Athena EFI 2T article

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athena EFI 2T.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	312531
    We aim to please:
    http://www.athenaparts.com/eng/blog/...ustion-control
    http://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=...=athena%20dicc

I also have a nice PDF on the subject but I can't see a way to attach it here.
    That looks a lot like the Stuff HGT was selling? anyone........

You're a taskmaster Flettner! Yep, it'd be good to get this sorted before the patent comes out. Sort of Southern Hemisphere vs North. Then you can go and make one.

Frits, would it be fair to say the piston reciprocating weight be more than the piston it is replacing? This would mean the piston in its entirety, including any form of rigidly connected piston rod or tube.

That's it for today.
    I posted a pic for Neil to build the other day and frankly I am a bit surprised he hasn't got the working prototype functional yet.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information