Page 1044 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 15,646 to 15,660 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Several
    Is anyone getting to the point where the crankshaft bearing setup or crank is a problem?

Or are we just being a bit like the guy that built the beefy straight 8 crank?
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    MB cranks are good. There are better bearings available but they are more for insurance than anything. I run steel cage C3 or C4 mains. On my old Suzuki I had a main bearing cage go to pieces once but no problems with the Honda so far. Little end and big end bearings are worthwhile improving. I have had issues with them, luckily nothing terminal, just the cages cracking.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Is anyone getting to the point where the crankshaft bearing setup or crank is a problem?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smoky-Start-4-Av.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	305558

Probably not a real problem, it just took a while to figure out. Chambers finally cured the smoky bike issue. After lots of work changing seals and re gluing inlet manifolds and rotary valve covers etc all to no avail.

The smoky problem was cured after a re true of the crank and a new drive side main bearing.

We guess the end of the crank wiggling around in the oil seal was acting like a pump and passing gear box oil to the RV chamber. Anyway, truing the crank and fitting a new drive side main bearing cured it.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastd View Post
    Question for Frits really-I see you name in connection with a Yamaha 3 cylinder article from some time ago. In Dutch, sadly for me! I am contemplating buying such a machine-in terms of reliability and usability, assuming properly maintained and prepared, would you suggest avoiding the idea or see it as no worse than anything else similar?
    "Some time ago" would be about 35 years. My memory is good, but not so good that I could recall the article without diving into about a ton of paper archive. Besides:
    A: I'm working 24/7 already.
    B: I can't get to my archive because we're in different countries right now.
    C: 3-cylinder yamahas have been built by at least five different people that I know of, and quite possibly a few others that I don't know of.
    D: even if you're talking about the one engine that I truly knew, I have no way of telling what state it is in right now.

There have been some pretty good 3-cylinder yamahas in their time, but why would you want to go that road now?
    Take any twin-cylinder jetski or skidoo engine and you'll have less work, less problems and more power.

Bike
    Honda Cub
    Thanks Frits, that's about the depth I'd hoped for! All I really needed to hear was that they "could be a good thing", or 'NO!, they are a hand grenade!"

You, of course, correct with respect to the use of the newer engines, but they don't qualify for racing in old bikes!

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    wob what you think of this. im just gathering the required info for engmod. in the process i put some playdoh in the B port for the hell of it. im sure your familiar with the front wall of the B port and how it twists ( at the entrance its the red line, then as it gets closer to the window it twists back to a trajectory straight across the piston like the green line)

do you see any reason i shouldnt use some epoxy and eliminate that twist so the wall runs straight up from entrance to exit like the orange line ? blue line is bore center

wobbly i got a few question to your response about my question regarding using epoxy to straighten out the twist in the entry on the front wall of B port on that banshee cylinder. i had a feeling its better to have the front wall of B maintain a constant angle straight up from entrance to exit and you seem to agree.

however it slipped my mind that in the process i would be slightly reducing the duct volume. but you say you tested different entry / exit ratios and found little performance difference. in lamens terms , you also changed duct volume, same as what i would be doing with epoxy. so it sounds like keeping the wall going straight up, with entry and exit angles the same, has more importance than ratio of entry / exit ? any half decent cylinder ive seen does not have any twist at the entrance, so im guessing its not a great idea to keep it like

the other question. im not familiar with what other yamaha cylinders were similar to a banshee but have you tried different transfer stagger ? just wondering if its worth it or not, trying the reverse stagger where B open first ?

oh ya and i got a large boyesen port cut in. probly still not large enough but theres not alot of room before you hit the stud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	682 0032.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	680.0 KB 
ID:	305595  

Bike
    husaberg
    Thanks Frits, that's about the depth I'd hoped for! All I really needed to hear was that they "could be a good thing", or 'NO!, they are a hand grenade!"

You, of course, correct with respect to the use of the newer engines, but they don't qualify for racing in old bikes!
    http://www.yamahaclassictwostrokes.n...cc-3-cylinder/
    das speacken.......

Name:	zegers_1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	305596   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zegers_2.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	305597   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zegers_spondon_top.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	305598  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Husa, you never stop to surprise us when it comes to finding pictures and information about stuff most people did not even know exist.

One other point when try to read the article is how much I really understand of the dutch lingo. If I have hade German added to my Swedish and English I guess old dutch 2t articles would make even more sense. Maybe thats why the dutch was so succesfull in 2 stroke? They all seems to speak at least 5 languages each so no problem working with anybody.

Bike
    variety
    hey guys i have a question for the people who have used engmod with vforce 3 or 4. i just got some vf4 but im sure theyre similar in construction as the vf3. it appears the outside petals have the ability to lift further than the inside petals. i say this because the inside petals can only lift halfway then contact would be made with the other corresponding inside petals. when engmod asks for the maximum tip displacment, to me it doesnt seem correct to use neither the outside or inside petal displacment because they have different amounts of maximum lift. is it better to use the average value of the inside and outside petal lift for the maximum displacment that engmod asks for ?

Bike
    husaberg
    There is a wee surprise there for F5Dave
    http://mylifeatspeed.com/greatest-bi...ta-collection/

Gets more traffic here best era ever for GP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mort View Post
    ENJOY....

Eddie Vs Kevin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuMZMskRCE
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Honda Cub
    Thanks Husa -yeah, that was the article. Moot point anyway now - I elected not the buy the bike, though it was well put together from known components. 83-85hp as a 350 wouldn't be a huge advantage in the world I live in, though as a 500 it could make 110, which is where I wanted to be. Cost of making the 350 into a 500, plus the purchase price premium over a good 350 was just too much...would have ended-up on the NZ$30k+ realm.

Bike
    husaberg
    Thanks Husa -yeah, that was the article. Moot point anyway now - I elected not the buy the bike, though it was well put together from known components. 83-85hp as a 350 wouldn't be a huge advantage in the world I live in, though as a 500 it could make 110, which is where I wanted to be. Cost of making the 350 into a 500, plus the purchase price premium over a good 350 was just too much...would have ended-up on the NZ$30k+ realm.
    http://jfrmc.ganriki.net/ow24/ow24.htm
    Yamaha did a works 350/4 cute.

Parallel two-cylinder of YZR350 (0W16) GP350 factory machine that has been developed as a successor model. To pursue a more lightweight, high-output, engine is based on a parallel four-cylinder YZR500 (0W23), bore × stroke: 49 × 46.2mm, the new design in a compact size of cylinder pitch 92mm. Moreover frame also as fuel tank integral monocoque structure of the novel box type, and lightweight, low center of gravity and high rigidity. Maximum output of 84PS at the test, but was recorded a maximum speed 268km / h, but could not come to a battle on.

● Engine type: Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, in-line 4 cylinder, 348cm 3 ● Piston valve intake ● Transmission: 6-speed ● Maximum power output: 61.8kW (84PS) / 13,000r / min
    other triple I could think of was the Sparton that was available in 350 or 500
    So Krauser or ADM500 then?
    what other ones were there?(Yamaha like in line 4's) I am not sure re the Euro sidecar engines
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well I saw a Wolf. Didn't expect to see an Apollo.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Well I saw a Wolf. Didn't expect to see an Apollo.
    Neither did I..........that is some eclectic collection
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    variety
    guys do you have any advice on this. since the outside petals can open further than the inside, what value should be used for the maximum tip displacment in engmod ? the average between the larger and smaller number ? thnx

Name:	20141122_1212031.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	688.5 KB 
ID:	305797  

Thread Information