Page 1183 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1836831083113311731181118211831184118511931233128316832183 ... LastLast
Results 17,731 to 17,745 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Attachment 312249Attachment 312250Attachment 312251

Never noticed these before
    NSR500V the 500 twin Below the reed intake?
    Blanking plates bolt over those holes to stop the water gushing out

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Another thought I've had, about the 24/7 inlet, is that the 24/7 inlet does not have to be the regular reed inlet but could be additional. The little reed could feed the crankcase in some less preferred position and the 24/7 could feed the best location(s) seperately. Would require mamangement and fuel injection of course
    Thank god, finally a remark that I can comment on without violating the Ryger non-disclosure agreement.
    Yes, you could employ an additional reed. But why would you? The 24/7 valve itself is a reed; how much simpler do you want things to be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS cyl & 24-7 valve.png 
Views:	270 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	312341  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Blanking plates bolt over those holes to stop the water gushing out
    So its quite different than a RS250 set up then
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	item110207-2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	312347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	item110207-3.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	312348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57 (31).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	312349
    got any pics different than what I have here lozza
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/al...p?albumid=4953
    I thought I had others but I can't be arsed looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Thank god, finally a remark that I can comment on without violating the Ryger non-disclosure agreement.
    Yes, you could employ an additional reed. But why would you? The 24/7 valve itself is a reed; how much simpler do you want things to be?
    No need Frits..... Someone found the actual Patent today......... It was not me either. So no more questions........
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Real simple

My idea is that the 24/7 port simply has something like a guillotine in it, no reed. The off-pipe reed valve intake remains unaltered throughout engine operation. That way there is no difficulty removing the reed from the intake and maintaining nice port shape, just lift the guillotine and hello, perfect intake.

Actually it wouldn't be hard to make it variable cross-section. The minimum cross-section would be "0" or fully closed and max cross-section would be a full circle, or it could be in steps with the guillotine exposing various cross-section ducts in sequence until they are all exposed with their sum being a round tuned length duct. As with a rotary valve the guillotine opening edge would be profiled to provide certain opening characteristics.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    I'm not an insider Nick but i can give you this.
    The ryger engine has found a way round the age old problem off polluting two strokes.
    They have altered the scavenging proces and in this development period spanning 10 years achieved the gain in performance we read today.
    No doubt in my mind that the 70 hp is there. 😀
    Diverting the exhaust puls to take advantage of the momentum from the puls. Channeld to be added to the intake event thus creating more scavenging volume.
    I think judging from the various reply's arround the web. This is key in the engine mentioned.
    a little snippet

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    This will probably drown in the Ryger stuff, but anyway, might lure Frits to say something since he cant comment on anything else
    Pipes for this season working good, pretty colors too.

Name:	bluehot.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	312350

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    This will probably drown in the Ryger stuff, but anyway, might lure Frits to say something since he cant comment on anything else
    Pipes for this season working good, pretty colors too.

Name:	bluehot.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	312350
    Pretty colors!
    Same concept as this guys "torque pipe" it looks like:
    http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/bafflemod.html

What kind of results are you seeing with it?

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Pretty colors!

This was already answered by Wobbly.

Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    I have posted link to this in 2013
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130623219

He did updated this exceel sheet few times, but dunno if this works , I tried to put there a pipe which I built for engine and I know how it works and outcome in graphs was way different....
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Always amazes me when people make huge jumps of blind faith when trying to explain some fantastic " new " idea they have concocted.
    The 50mm piece of tube added to the tailcone will of course smear out the timed return wave, but what was completely ignored was the tuned length is now 50mm longer.
    I am sure I could make an even better power curve with a "proper " pipe design that was 50mm longer - if the engines powerband shape actually needed that in the first place.

The volume of the pipe is not something that can be used as a number to shoot for, what is important as Frits said, is the end use use of the finite energy imparted down the header from the
    Ex port.
    The fatter the belly, and thus the steeper the diffuser, the greater energy that is used to create a depression at the port around BDC.
    Thus less energy can be used to create the stuffing pulse.
    This can be countered somewhat by a steeper rear cone, and this is what does happen in reality, where I have seen huge 145mm belly 250cc pipes with 30* rear cones.
    This approach means the rear cone length is reduced, but the steep angle gives at least some amplitude to the event.

I was sceptical when I was told about " Mr " VSK who worked at Rotax, as I spent several years when in England working at JL pipes trying to get to talk to this mythical pipe
    designer - no one knew who actually did do the designs, so I never got to meet him.
    But whoever it was, the two stage header was a feature of those later pipes, and must have been dyno tested in house, for them to have been published.
    Every pipe I have run thru EngMod makes better power with that design so to me its a no brainer nowdays.

Bike
    Peugeot spx

Found the iame m50.
    http://www.chi-motos.de/gambio/produ...moto-50cc.html

Looks promising indeed!
    On the downside it has a cast iron liner but that also makes for easier porting without the constant fear of flaking nikasil. It's not terribly expensive either.

Attachment 310632Attachment 310633Attachment 310634Attachment 310635Attachment 310636

Here's a dyno run, performed by someone called "V-man Racing" from sweden, rw hp with the engine mounted in a minimoto.
    http://www.minimotoscene.co.uk/forum...ine-by-Parilla
    Attachment 310637

The peak rpm numbers and graph doesn't match up, don't know what's up with that, either way it looks pretty impressive for an out-of-the-box fifty.
    edit: the graph and numbers do match, I was just reading it wrong...
    Am I right in thinking that with a pipe better optimized for peak power, sacrificing the massive powerband/overrev, and maybe paired with a rotary inlet and a bigger carb(suited for someone with a variator=me), this could really be something?

I'm exited, ordering one as soon as I can afford it.
    Looks even more impressive(and confusing) after meassuring the port timing of this cylinder. Out of the box, 39.3mm stroke, I get 180° exhaust and 121° transfers! What?!

16.5hp from a fifty with that low durations?!

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Could You make a port map? Then someone could calculate it how much STA's it does have.

Bike
    Peugeot spx

Thumbs up

Could You make a port map? Then someone could calculate it how much STA's it does have.
    Consider it done!

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    a little snippet
    so, they have used the exhaust pulse to increase the fuel or just air flow/charge into the engine, rather than just pushing a small charge back into the cylinder in the traditional way?

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Pretty colors!

Looks can be deceiving, it's just a built in silencer on a "normal" rear cone. Performance is good though
    Can't use the absorption type silencer in this kind of racing, the fuel is regulated to 80% Methanol + 20% Castor oil so the packing would be drenched in no time..

The colors tells a story about how hot the pipe runs, so it's a bit more useful than just being pretty.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    Looks can be deceiving, it's just a built in silencer on a "normal" rear cone. Performance is good though
    Can't use the absorption type silencer in this kind of racing, the fuel is regulated to 80% Methanol + 20% Castor oil so the packing would be drenched in no time..

The colors tells a story about how hot the pipe runs, so it's a bit more useful than just being pretty.
    Aha, I see!
    I was going to ask about detonation problems with the dead straight pipe, but I guess the methanol is keeping it at bay.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Here's the port map, I couldn't find my pencil sharpener, and was tired so kinda rushed it - rough and not super acurate, but should give an idea of things. I cut out the ports from the paper I used to trace the bore and transfered the "holes" onto graph paper, with the blunt pencil it didn't turn out very good, oh well.

Name:	DSC_0058.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	312352

Axial angles:
    A = 25°
    B = 7°
    C = 55°

Radial angles:

Name:	DSC_0060.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	551.0 KB 
ID:	312351

If anyone is bored and need something to pass their time...

Thread Information