Page 1252 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2527521152120212421250125112521253125412621302135217522252 ... LastLast
Results 18,766 to 18,780 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    ok i know what you meen. hopefully frits will chime in about how far back in the tunell the exit angle of the floor and roof needs to be, referencing my picture above
    Now I think I finally understand what you meant: you weren't asking about an angle at all but about the length of the straight final part of the duct.
    It's zero at the floor, which only works if the inner radius is big enough; the length at the roof depends on the axial angle and the port height.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    56mm 125 barrel and have the special crank to show , 108cc
    I thought it was a re bore allowance not a de stroke allowance.
    But you have got me thinking now ..... .... your idea has got me seriously thinking about abandoning the 125cc RGV air cooled project and using the bits to make a water cooled NSR/GP110 with the plenum and fuel injection setup for getting around the 24mm carb restriction.

If destroking a 125 to 110 is allowed under the new rules then I have a good 54mm NSR250 cylinder and with a de stroke of the GP crank by 2mm I could have a 109.9 cc engine with the same bore stroke ratio as the old Suzuki GP125.

A de stroke should be easy as we routinely replace the 19mm Suzuki big end pin with a 22mm Yamaha one. So offsetting it 1mm would not be too hard.

110cc = 54mm bore and 48mm stroke. (has same bore stroke ratio as the 125 Suzuki GP's 56x50)
    110cc = 56mm bore and 44mm stroke

So the big question is, would an engine with a 125 cylinder that has been de stroked so its now 110cc be legal??? thoughts please.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Husaberg,
    Not sure how to add the quotes you had.
    But with the testing we have been doing, it seems that it is about 6 cycles before the mixture change effects the cylinder response. My son has a method of real time measurement of the glow plug wire resistance change, so in effect monitors the combustion chamber for rich or lean. If we have the engine running at peak and pinch the fuel line, there are 6 normal cycles before the plug monitor shows the change in cylinder conditions. Like wise when the engine runs lean and the servo richens the mixture, it is at least 6 cycles before the engine recovers, but to the ears sounds like almost instant.
    It makes sense to me the volume being transferred is about that which is in the transfer passages, as often a case is about 4 times the capacity of the engine.
    Like others I am really keen to find out how they keep a 125cc engine with a 54mm stroke together at around the 30k limit.
    Neil

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Husaberg,
    Not sure how to add the quotes you had.
    But with the testing we have been doing, it seems that it is about 6 cycles before the mixture change effects the cylinder response. My son has a method of real time measurement of the glow plug wire resistance change, so in effect monitors the combustion chamber for rich or lean. If we have the engine running at peak and pinch the fuel line, there are 6 normal cycles before the plug monitor shows the change in cylinder conditions. Like wise when the engine runs lean and the servo richens the mixture, it is at least 6 cycles before the engine recovers, but to the ears sounds like almost instant.
    It makes sense to me the volume being transferred is about that which is in the transfer passages, as often a case is about 4 times the capacity of the engine.
    Like others I am really keen to find out how they keep a 125cc engine with a 54mm stroke together at around the 30k limit.
    Neil
    In the bottom corner of each post is the reply with quote button next to that is the multi quote.
    for adding my quotes (that were someone else's) you click the arrow in the quote (after the username ) that takes you to the original post and either use the multi quote or just copy it and then paste it into where you want to use it.
    I hope that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by nick gill View Post
    So I'll share with you what I learned quoting some EBM projects through Zenith.You can't use aluminum ! Which is really annoying isn't it.
    No problem at all with aluminium and SLM (SLM=Selective Laser Melting; SLS=Selective Laser Sintering; it's just another designation for the same process.
    SLM is the more widely accepted term, as melting is a more accurate description of the process than sintering).

Distortion is controlled with a proprietary method of modelling 'fins' and webs onto the parts to balance them thermally during the build. These are sort of 'stitched' onto the part, and are broken away once the part is completed. This controllled cooling enables much finer forms than can be achieved with SLS.
    This method was developed for SLM, over 10 years ago, when producing titanium parts for medical use.

EBM Resolution and surface texture is comparable to SLS. Porosity should be much lower.
    I very much doubt this last claim. The density of SLM-produced parts is exemplary.

I have a ti project coming up soon that will go to Zenith. I'll share it with you if it is successful.
    Please do, Nick, whether it is successful or not.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Lef16 View Post
    Hey guys,check this one!!
    Give emphasis on the 90mm center to center rod.
    I guess that if crankcase don't communicate with tranfers,a long rod isn't needed for bigger case vol!
    i went for the 6 high level, with actuated band control, transfer ports.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 port barrel 2.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	526.7 KB 
ID:	314336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 port barrel.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	616.1 KB 
ID:	314337

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    hi frits can you offer some help with a few questions. is there a rule of thumb for how far back in the tunell the exit angle should be and how can we apply the rule of thumb for different size or length of tunells ? for example if we're using the rsa tunells and apply that to a larger engine. i found a radius calculator that will make it faster to transfer the radius to paper then i can trace that to something more rigid like a piece of alloy and use that for the template.
    the other question and maybe you can only give a estimate but if for example the inner radius is 30mm then would i make the outer wall radius just a little bigger , so the tunell gets just slightly smaller as it goes to the exit ? this appears to be how the rsw is but then again its only a 2D drawing
    Good thinking Peewee. All hell broke loose here because of the Ryger homologation confirmation so I can't find the time to write a decent explanation, but here is a picture of the RSA's A-duct geometry where you can see the inner and outer radii and the coordinates of their centers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSA A-duct geometry.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	314338

Bike
    none
    The international homologation for the 125 cc Ryger kart engine was accepted yesterday. The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile typically needs six weeks to put their paperwork online,
    but I will try to make the complete document available sooner than that.

Bike
    zuma50
    Complete document? Does that include basics of what makes the Ryger.... well let's give credit where credit is due... the Ryger?

Bike
    zuma50
    So if the crankcase mixture doesn't see above the piston until after 4 to 5 rev's.... is crankcase just always over filled, and just what's needed is drawn up transfers?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Complete document? Does that include basics of what makes the Ryger.... well let's give credit where credit is due... the Ryger?
    Homologation documents include port maps pipe drawings and pics weight dimensions of crankshafts and pistons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    zuma50
    Thanks husaberg, that will be fun! But I have a feeling those documents will still leave us scratching our heads

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    The international homologation for the 125 cc Ryger kart engine was accepted yesterday. The Federation Internationale de l'Automobile typically needs six weeks to put their paperwork online,
    but I will try to make the complete document available later this week.
    congratulations..

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    I'm expecting Flettner will have one running by . . . . Tuesday, this week.

Bike
    Simson S51 Evolution
    "Give emphasis on the 90mm center to center rod.
    I guess that if crankcase don't communicate with tranfers,a long rod isn't needed for bigger case vol!"

90mm center to center rod....does that mean that the ryger engine HAS a rod? or does it only mean that the distance between the center of the piston pin and the center of the crank pin is 90mm? if it has a piston pin and a crank pin...
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND HULK HOGAN DESTROY YOU!!!!

Thread Information