Page 1620 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 62011201520157016101618161916201621162216301670172021202620 ... LastLast
Results 24,286 to 24,300 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    I haven't tried the air-driven variety of the ebay dental tools yet, sounds like they hold up better than the electric version that just crumble in your hands...

Back on the dyno!... And the struggle continues...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9b2RutjK7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9b2RutjK7U
    I enjoyed the video.
    Are the engine mounts a tight fit with their bolts? and done up tight? Is the carb intake rubber soft?
    Pretty sure a few had suggested 70% BF.
    You can take some weight out and subsitute some alloy bungs on the light side if you have run out of area to put in Tungsten on the otherr side
    You will lose crank inertia, but getting the BF factor right right be worth it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I enjoyed the video.
    Are the engine mounts a tight fit with their bolts? and done up tight? Is the carb intake rubber soft?
    Pretty sure a few had suggested 70% BF.
    You can take some weight out and subsitute some alloy bungs on the light side if you have run out of area to put in Tungsten on the otherr side
    You will lose crank inertia, but getting the BF factor right right be worth it for now.
    Thanks!
    There is a very small amount of play in the mounts cause of how they are designed. Maybe I should redo those with proper bushings before I continue, to take them out of the equation.
    The carb rubber is soft.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Page .... 1920

Stuffing two strokes. This is a collection of must see videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...dp-Bi1-w11R7WQ

Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Guru, AMA tech inspector, and probably the best technical editor who ever wrote

Attachment 326831Attachment 326832Attachment 326833Attachment 326834Attachment 326835Attachment 326836
    A great thread devoted to Kevin Cameron, worth a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Enough motivation to stop procrastinating on the installation of a deto sensor. With a diameter of about 20mm at the mating side I am asking myself where to put it ideally (and where not to put it). As I run a paper gasket, I suppose somewhere on the water cooled cylinder would be nice, but there is not enough space available, except "on a stick" on one of the bolting areas for the head cover. Where du you guys put yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Follow the links back for more details.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    I always dyno my moped engine with locked variator, so I dyno only the engine without the influence of the vario.
    then I dyno it with the vario to get the best out of the vario.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    I always dyno my moped engine with locked variator, so I dyno only the engine without the influence of the vario.
    then I dyno it with the vario to get the best out of the vario.
    That's the way to do it!
    I plan on making a fixed pulley setup for the purpose.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Suzuki GT500 1976
    Anyone know where I can buy a lock-out kit for the auto? Gillera Runner (125/180) and Piaggio Zip. Very time poor at the moment (not exactly cash rich either!) so no chance to make. Thanks

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyB View Post
    Anyone know where I can buy a lock-out kit for the auto? Gillera Runner (125/180) and Piaggio Zip. Very time poor at the moment (not exactly cash rich either!) so no chance to make. Thanks
    You can try info@hvg-engineering.com. The vario lock-out kits are not mentioned on the regular hvg-engineering.com website but I know they are available.

There is a very small amount of play in the mounts cause of how they are designed. Maybe I should redo those with proper bushings before I continue, to take them out of the equation. The carb rubber is soft.
    If you fit a proper vario lock-out kit with a toothed belt instead of a V-belt, you will have far less transmission losses and you can temporarily tighten the engine mounts.
    Did you balance your crankshaft with the inlet disk mounted?

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Did you balance your crankshaft with the inlet disk mounted?
    You know the answer to that Frits... I've just written it's effect off as insignificant, which it probably isn't.

I'll start on the propper bushing mounts, and see what I can do about a lock out kit.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TZ400
    I wont say that increasing the BF ( beyond where it is now ) is the fix for your vibe issues but I believe suggesting 70% is wrong.
    A lightweight VERTICAL cylinder needs around 58% - going the other way a horizontal axis needs down at 35%.
    A vertical Manx at 80% is a special case that just proves the point.
    Every engine /chassis is a resonant system, and they each react differently, but in all cases the basic idea is to reduce the vertical bar shake symptom.
    Technically your engine with its angled axis should react favorably to a BF closer to 50%,but the fuel frothing thing seems to be created by a combination
    of factors not even being considered at this point.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    the fuel frothing thing seems to be created by a combination
    of factors not even being considered at this point.
    Probably.
    I'm starting at the engine mounts, eliminating the slight play and introducing some dampening with rubber/plastic bushings.
    Suggestions are welcome!
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    mostly GG 280 trials
    Probably.
    I'm starting at the engine mounts, eliminating the slight play and introducing some dampening with rubber/plastic bushings.
    Suggestions are welcome!
    Bearings might work but may make the chassis vibrate much more.

I´ve seen recently a moped like that and it had a lower mounted spring to counter the engine belt pulling force, that mechanism may be guided to avoid side play and be rubber mounted for better isolation. The moped in question had only 2 mount points to hold the engine in the frame, the top one, wich pivots the engine to do the variator thing and the spring to counter force the drive belt. Is the same system as your bike?

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by dark art View Post
    Bearings might work but may make the chassis vibrate much more.

I´ve seen recently a moped like that and it had a lower mounted spring to counter the engine belt pulling force, that mechanism may be guided to avoid side play and be rubber mounted for better isolation. The moped in question had only 2 mount points to hold the engine in the frame, the top one, wich pivots the engine to do the variator thing and the spring to counter force the drive belt. Is the same system as your bike?
    Bearings could work!

That's how the stock setup works on these bikes.
    My "parallelogram" mount has two mounting points and the engine is moving in a more linear fashion. This has the advantage of more rigidity, and no need for flexible parts/ball joint in the pipe.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

photo.

Well the 300 used to look like this 3 days ago. Now its in a sad state a little like me. Big big crash. On a plus they were all going very well. With Glen securing pole, a win and a lap record. Race 2 was stopped due to me going over the bars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2988.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	365.1 KB 
ID:	326621

Name:	IMG_2989.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	603.6 KB 
ID:	326622

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Well the 300 used to look like this 3 days ago. Now its in a sad state a little like me. Big big crash. On a plus they were all going very well. With Glen securing pole, a win and a lap record. Race 2 was stopped due to me going over the bars.

Name:	IMG_2988.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	365.1 KB 
ID:	326621

Name:	IMG_2989.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	603.6 KB 
ID:	326622
    how good are the new pipes on bike? Looks like you finished race 2 ..what's happening?
    i'm over buckets

Thread Information