Page 1100 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1006001000105010901098109911001101110211101150120016002100 ... LastLast
Results 16,486 to 16,500 of 39423

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Meanwhile in Holland: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freetech-Aludave-04.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	308434

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Meanwhile in Holland: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freetech-Aludave-04.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	308434
    Truly great looking bike, I am very interested in the CVT concept for a road racer, it is frustrating, I just can't complete projects as fast as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/recordbikes.html

50cc speed records over the years.
    Page 1100 links list ...

Bike
    TZ400
    C,mon Frits more info.
    Very hard to see but the carb angle looks way steep, had to fix this several times lately as they spew fuel thru the pilot circuit under brakes.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Very hard to see but the carb angle looks way steep, had to fix this several times lately as they spew fuel thru the pilot circuit under brakes.
    You may be right about the carb angle Wob, but we won't know until it is running.
    It's based on the Derbi Variant engine that I presented here some time ago. I am not directly involved in the project; I just try to stimulate it.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Hey Team ESE!

It was really great to see you again on the weekend. Really sorry I couldn't ride with you, but I was so sick last week and unfortunately still not feeling much better!

Anyway as you probably know, I am about to head overseas to compete in the 2015 European Womens Cup and European Junior Cup – the race series held at world superbike events. I believe I can win this championship and bring the trophy home to New Zealand, but I still have a way to go with fundraising to make this happen.

You can imagine the costs for this season are huge and as always I am fundraising to make it happen. We still need an extra 15,000 to cover my insurance, licensing flights and travel costs. I’ve decided to run a fundraising campaign on Spark My Potential, and I’m sending you this email because I thought you might be interested in helping out. I’d really love it if you could check it out and be one of the first to make a small pledge to help me get there.

It’s really important I start raising the money as early as possible. The faster the bar starts rising, the more confidence people will have in me and my dream.

Everyone who pledges will get regular updates sent directly to your email inbox while I am in Europe competing and also go into the draw to win one of 5 prize packs. Also, the first 15 people to pledge over $200 will receive a ticket for a meet and greet event with me at Hampton Downs at the NZ superbike championships 7 & 8th March 2015.

Spark My potential is all or nothing. That means if I don’t raise $15,000 no one will be charged and I won’t receive anything. Any support would really help others to give so if you could check it out and make a pledge today.. Big or small it all adds up.

Here’s the link: www.sparkmypotential.co.nz/project/avalonbiddle

I was wondering if you would be able to share this link with any one you know who may help, or anyone who knew dad and his enthusiasm for getting me on to the world stage!!

Thanks so much for the generous support so far, never forgotten.
    Cheers
    Av

I have spent the last three years fine-tuning my skills in Italy, racing against the fierce competition of the Italian Championships. In 2013 I finished on the podium twice and in 2012, my first year full time overseas, I finished 2nd in the Italian Women’s Championship.

I believe I have the speed and skill to fight for the European Women’s Cup title in 2015 and am fundraising for contributions to make this season financially possible. As kiwis we face many obstacles racing against the best riders in the world up in Europe, and I am seeking support from you to convert my determination to beat the odds into success for everyone who has helped me along the way.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It looks light, I wonder what it would be like to race coming into a corner, feathering the throttle? Old dog probably couldn't learn new tricks.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting that up Rob, have been thinking about giving some money, pity it can't be more.

C'mon guys, add a few bucks to your credit card, her mother can't support her on her own. Won't get charged if target is not met.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TZ400
    Yer guys, ive done Av a couple a hundy, the rest of you get on with it.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ350, TZR250 3XV, TZR250 3MA, TZR125

EngMod question

I already learned about the TUbMax numbers that I was too high in the static comp (the data shown on the graph were with a comp of 15,3... ). So as Frits said, go down with the static comp and use the energy in the pipe. And doing that even the power incerased a bit...
    Any advise about the exhaust tranducer position in the sim? If I recall correct Frits said the volume of the fresh charge going out of the exhaust is approx. the cylinder volume, right? That volume down the pipe would be the position, in my case approx. 250 mm. But will be the fresh charge heated up in the pipe (as well also before in the cylinder) and expanding so that the 300 mm in the graph are reasonable?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 41juergen View Post
    Any advise about the exhaust tranducer position in the sim? If I recall correct Frits said the volume of the fresh charge going out of the exhaust is approx. the cylinder volume, right? That volume down the pipe would be the position, in my case approx. 250 mm. But will be the fresh charge heated up in the pipe (as well also before in the cylinder) and expanding so that the 300 mm in the graph are reasonable?
    If I recall correctly I advised to allow for a volume in the pipe equal to the cylinder volume. The volume of fresh charge going into the pipe will probably be less than that, but it won't be concentrated in one dense lump; it will heat up like you suppose, and it will also mix with spent gases in the pipe, so it will reach a bit further than its original volume would make you think.
    Exhaust temperature sensors and oxygen sensors should be placed so far downstream that they won't be touched by the fresh charge. Oxygen sensors hate to be cooled down, and they hate oil.

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Hey Team ESE!

It was really great to see you again on the weekend. Really sorry I couldn't ride with you, but I was so sick last week and unfortunately still not feeling much better!

Here’s the link: www.sparkmypotential.co.nz/project/avalonbiddle
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Thanks for posting that up Rob, have been thinking about giving some money, pity it can't be more.

C'mon guys, add a few bucks to your credit card, her mother can't support her on her own. Won't get charged if target is not met.
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yer guys, ive done Av a couple a hundy, the rest of you get on with it.
    Nice one guys, I've added to her mission. I think we all know she has the skill to take the title, I really hope it goes her way! Go av!

Bike
    Peugeot spx

"extending" magnetic pickup

Is it possible to "extend" a magnetic pickup?
    Say I want to trigger from a toothed wheel behind a 5mm aluminium plate, can I drill a hole in said plate and glue a steel/iron/magnetic pin in there, then but the pickup up against the pin on the outside?

Pic of pickups.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0105.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	522.5 KB 
ID:	308459  

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Is it possible to "extend" a magnetic pickup?
    Say I want to trigger from a toothed wheel behind a 5mm aluminium plate, can I drill a hole in said plate and glue a steel/iron/magnetic pin in there, then but the pickup up against the pin on the outside?

Pic of pickups.
    For that purpose, i would choose a pickup as it is used on camshafts of foulstroke-engines.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    For that purpose, i would choose a pickup as it is used on camshafts of foulstroke-engines.
    Thanks, thats good advice! But anyways, out of curiosity, could the extended pickup idea work?

Bike
    Honda NS-1 / Gas Gas EC-125
    Probably gluing is going to break the magnetic path, get a pick-up that has removable iron/magnet and use one of those, the CRM125 pick-up allows that, and does the yamaha dt lc 50 one, but those might be bike models rare in where you live.

Thread Information