Page 473 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 3734234634714724734744754835235739731473 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Where is rgvbaz he loves his 'trombone' sections

Looks like it works a treat, which clever Dutchman thought of that Frits? I would have a map 2 for it when warming up in the pits making it go longer with rpm.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Looks like it works a treat, which clever Dutchman thought of that Frits? I would have a map 2 for it when warming up in the pits making it go longer with rpm
    It was designed and built by Richard Maas http://www.adriaanmeeuwsen.nl/team-pagina.html. Hopefully we will see it in action next monday.
    And if I were you, I would make it go shorter with rpm .

Bike
    N/A

I'm impressed with how it slips all nice and steady!

Frits, may I ask, wouldn't it affect the 1st pressure wave in the diffuser, when fully inserted? -in a way to have a measurable impact on pipe effects I mean

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamik2t View Post
    ....Frits, may I ask, wouldn't it affect the 1st pressure wave in the diffuser, when fully inserted? -in a way to have a measurable impact on pipe effects I mean
    You may. It will affect all the waves in the pipe. And it does have a measurable impact on pipe effects .
    But I suspect you are referring to the header intruding into the diffuser. It doesn't. Even in the shortest position everything is smooth inside the pipe.

Bike
    N/A
    Indeed, my question was about the header smoothness and everything around that. You are a master suspector
    And obviously, since the 1st would be affected, the following ones would be affected also.

The header is as long as the displacement I suppose.

The whole innovation of system reminded me of your 24/7 valve somehow. So, I have another question since I may.
    I remember you giving directions for an experimental 24/7 at Pitlane. 'One petal should suffice and valve should be placed in a way to direct flow correctly'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24.7valve.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	261518

Say we have the above valve. The side with the opening & reed petal should look up towards the cylinder, or down towards the crank?
    (I assumed I didn't need a new may permission, sorry)

Bike
    none
    Indeed, my question was about the header smoothness and everything around that. You are a master suspector

Name:	24.7valve.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	261518
    Say we have the above valve. The side with the opening & reed petal should look up towards the cylinder, or down towards the crank?
    (I assumed I didn't need a new may permission, sorry)
    You are a master assumer, Dinamik. But I don't see no valve....

Bike
    N/A
    Thanks! It has been my dream since forever.
    How about now?? It's in gif format.

Name:	24.7valve.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	318.9 KB 
ID:	261519

Bike
    none
    How about now?? It's in gif format.

Views:	60 
Size:	318.9 KB 
ID:	261519
    It's fine now.

I remember you giving directions for an experimental 24/7 at Pitlane. 'One petal should suffice and valve should be placed in a way to direct flow correctly'.
    I don't remember me saying it quite like that. I said something like 'one petal should suffice and once the engine runs in the powerband, that petal should swing out of the way so it will not hinder the flow'. That requires a hinge, like so:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24-7 #2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	261520  

Bike
    N/A
    Yes, ok about the mechanism to open and hold the whole petal steady. I coundn't CAD it, that's why it's not there.
    My question is about where the reed side of the valve should 'look'.
    Assuming - -the large angle side has the reeds, should it be looking at the cylinder or at the crank?
    It might seem obvious that reed side should be up, but my question derive from having seen reed valves tilted downards and others upwards.

(I -probably- exaggerated the angles to make my point)

edit:

To help you suspect - - me: why should it be the right (or the left) ?

Views:	36 
Size:	411.6 KB 
ID:	261521

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    You are a master assumer, Dinamik. But I don't see no valve....
    Much more of a master-debater myself I reckon I am finally getting a handle on it now.
    It was designed and built by Richard Maas http://www.adriaanmeeuwsen.nl/team-pagina.html. Hopefully we will see it in action next monday.
    Didn't we discuss this a while back and decide it was worth the effort?
    or did i give up to soon?

The 24/7. I was thinking along the lines of electromagnet (bloody stainless steel probably ain't magnetic is it). Or with pneumatics.?
    Or

Has anyone ever tried a butterfly style valve in place of the reeds.(much like a carb or throttle body or tz's atac with a light spring.)Obviously needs to be mounted 90 degrees from pic.

I know early 2 strokes had tried poppet valves.But never seen a butterfly valve (could be a good reason for this)Might not open?

The other thought was for a flat style reed plate much like these below
    Only with Boyesen like plates rather than the curved stoppers ( to keep the length of the let nice and short) that way it could simply slide out of the way. As it is not meant to make power of the powerband anyway just aid starting and low speed running i don't see why the shape or flow characteristics would be that important.
    Failing that a flat plate would also be a lot easier to hinge?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionheart 500 twin gp bikea.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	768.2 KB 
ID:	261534   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionheart 500 twin gp bikeb.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	770.8 KB 
ID:	261535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionheart 500 twin gp bikec.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	688.2 KB 
ID:	261536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionheart 500 twin gp biked.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	654.9 KB 
ID:	261537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lionheart 500 twin gp bikee.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	706.1 KB 
ID:	261538   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flat reed2.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	261544  
    Last edited by husaberg; 7th April 2012 at 18:24. Reason: added pics lionheart and a few musings
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    For the flow into the transfer ducts it would be best if the petal would look up towards the cylinder. But that is rather irrelevant because any time the petal is 'in function' the engine is running outside the powerband anyway.
    I would have the petal look down towards the crank in order to concentrate the flow towards the big end when the petal is operative.

Bike
    N/A
    For the flow into the transfer ducts it would be best if the petal would look up towards the cylinder. But that is rather irrelevant because any time the petal is 'in function' the engine is running outside the powerband anyway.
    I would have the petal look down towards the crank in order to concentrate the flow towards the big end when the petal is operative.
    I see. Thank you!

-uploaded a better pic above, by the way-

Bike
    98 honda 125
    Frits, are you saying that when in the powerband, a petal would tend to be open all the time? Or that you could rig it so it would have to be open all the time when in the powerband?
    Myron

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Yes but in the pits it would go longer with rpm

Suzuki Gallina team fell into the same trap trying to get a ATAC valve to work after seeing it on a works honda , one day a mechanic wired it up incorrectly and made it close at high rpm , next year all the RGB 500's RM's and RG road bikes had a AEC .

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    Frits, are you saying that when in the powerband, a petal would tend to be open all the time? Or that you could rig it so it would have to be open all the time when in the powerband?
    I'll rig it so it sways out of the way and stays there as long as the engine runs in the power band.

Thread Information