Page 1532 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 53210321432148215221530153115321533153415421582163220322532 ... LastLast
Results 22,966 to 22,980 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t380/uniflow/th_f9_zps30a41b19.mp4

An old piece of (poor) video, the F9 when first set up with EFI and the ball valve. RV slide is also installed and operating here.

Husa, help, I've installed the video wrong? I think. I guess I'm just showing the ball valve at work, if only free running.
    I am not finding it
    oh wait I did
    http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t380/uniflow/th_f9_zps30a41b19.mp4

http://vid1056.photobucket.com/album...ps30a41b19.mp4

here are most of your videos
    https://www.youtube.com/user/GerbilG...lf_id=1&view=0
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeS...B1bDRW2iuXe25Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Unsure if anyone would be able to see these but a mate just posted some good shots of the Suter 500 on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/seth.devere...5123468&type=3

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    When I first tried the plenum it gave a dramatic boost in torque in the rpm area below the original peak torque curve. Basically it plumped up the area of the torque curve that is negatively affected by the pipe resonance working against the engine's exhaust port timing.

I guess this was a resonant effect between the size of the plenum, it's inlet and the engine's crankcase volume and inlet timing working together to prevent the pipes out of step pressure wave, pushing the fresh mixture back down the transfers, well maybe???.

The positive effect on the torque curve by the plenum was so marked that I am keen to explore it further. I have an idea that a two chambered plenum could work, one for this torque boosting resonance and a butterfly that opens to another chamber when a different plenum volume is required. Or maybe a variable length inlet runner, or combination of both.

Attachment 321919Attachment 321920

But first, to be able to use a plenum without the fuel drop-out issues that you get with an outside the plenum carb, I have to perfect the EFI system. If I can't do that I will look at putting the carb inside the plenum itself and feed it with a pump around bypass fuel system like they use on Karts.
    so the fuel drop- out is caused by the fuel becoming stationary within the plenum?would having some kind of turbulence within the plenum keep it homogenised, or even being able to keep the fuel/air mixture circulating somehow , somwhere?

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Unsure if anyone would be able to see these but a mate just posted some good shots of the Suter 500 on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/seth.devere...5123468&type=3
    Does anyone know a stream / internetplatform where I may watch the Suter racing on the Isle of man this evening?

Bike
    mostly GG 280 trials
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    Does anyone know a stream / internetplatform where I may watch the Suter racing on the Isle of man this evening?
    IOMTT website says that most coverage come from itv4. Superbike and senior will be at 4 june.

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info/The-TT-on-TV.aspx

Of course, after a few days youtube and facebook will be full of it.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    https://twitter.com/drobinson97/stat...40889879285760It looks like they have some problem with setup of bike
    57 21 Ian Lougher Suter/Suter Racing Technology 2 19:29.388 116.153 (Last year Anstey managed to do 126mph lap on 1992 YZR500)

But that sound
    Last edited by Mental Trousers; 6th June 2016 at 22:00. Reason: Bad naughty forum user. Don't use iframes and definitely don't fuck them up!!

Bike
    Vespa

Reading Dyno Graphs

Hi all together

I´m new here and just amazed about the knowledge and experience shared in this Topic.
    I´m happy to learn a lot more again.

Maybe you can help me if there is a talk about dyno graphs and their interpretation,what has to be changed to get a better curve.

Thanks in advance

Bye JOchen

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Isotropic Polishing.

A short extract from a University study into Isotrop Polishing that explains the process.

Studies in Isotropic polishing Short Version.pdf

Isotropic polishing. https://www.facebook.com/SuperFinishingLtd/

I always wondered if Isotropic polishing was snake oil, but now I am a believer. In short, a normal polishing method would remove material, but Isotropic polishing is a material exchange process.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Before Isotropic  Polishing.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	322021Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isotropic Polished Crank.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	223.6 KB 
ID:	322022 before and after Isotropic polishing.

So you wind up with a shiny thing that is still dimensionally the same size as it was. I was particularly interested in how the process would affect the tungsten and alloy plugs in my crankshaft and what the finish on the oil seal surface would look like.

Isotropic polishing can be applied to dimensionally critical surfaces like the big end bearing surface in a 2T connecting rod and pin.

As I understand it, bearing surfaces are a ground finished with a fine but distressed layer at the surface, same with gears. Isotropic polishing being an exchange process both removes and replaces this distressed layer with a smooth and finely polished layer. This smooth finish noticeably reduces friction between the sliding surfaces.

Anyway it can be done locally here in Auckland:- Isotropic polishing. https://www.facebook.com/SuperFinishingLtd/

Bike
    Help

Name:	help help.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	322023

Help, I am unable to make new posts or reply to other people's posts in the normal way on this thread. I can do everything in the normal way on other threads but not this one. I can't just select "Reply to Thread" or Reply with Quote" and start entering text like is normal. I first have to do a work around which is post a picture and without left clicking the mouse inside the edit screen, just randomly enter text then save it. After that little palva I can then go back and Edit the Post and enter the text I wanted to.

Help help......

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Help

Help, I am unable to make new posts or reply to other people's posts in the normal way on this thread. I can do everything in the normal way on other threads but not this one. I can't just select "Reply to Thread" or Reply with Quote" and start entering text like is normal. I first have to do a work around which is post a picture and without left clicking the mouse inside the edit screen, just randomly enter text then save it. After that little palva I can then go back and Edit the Post and enter the text I wanted to.

Help help......
    Testing....

...Looks like it's your end mate.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike

Name:	different-people-same-issues.jpg 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	322026

Wob PM'ed me, that he is having the same issues.

Bike
    GPR150
    The end of the world is near lol
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Aprilia GP 125 & 250, 91 & 92 models
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes, you could connect a boost bottle to the inlet tract, directly upstream of the inlet disc. But what good would it do? It would only swallow mixture that should have been entering the crankcase in the first place, but that didn't make it because the inlet closed too early.
    The long column of mixture in the elongation tube has a lot of inertia which means that it is reluctant to start flowing towards the crankcase. And once it is on the move, it should be allowed to continue filling the crankcase as long as the flow direction is positive, which in turn means that a long inlet tract also requires a long inlet timing. You don't want that because at certain revs it will give a lot of blow-back. Keeping the inlet tract and the inlet timing short will result in a forgiving easy-to-jet engine.

Don't worry about harnessing the pulses in the inlet tract; it would require a tract length of about two/thirds the length of the complete exhaust system (two/thirds because of the lower speed of sound in cold mixture versus hot exhaust gases). In an inlet tract (and even more so in transfer ducts) the pulses are reflected to and fro so many times that they have lost most of their energy by the time they could finally do something good. Bottom line: keep the inlet tract short.
    Frits is it possible to have to short of a inlet tract for a disc valve engine ?
    If so would you explain the issues, complications & tell tail signs please.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Help

Help help......
    Ok. Issue is there's an iframe that gets dropped over top of the page when you try to edit things. So when you click to try and type stuff in you're (unknowingly) clicking and typing in the iframe.

Somebodies gone and posting bollocks and messed things up I think. Not cool.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Ok. Issue is there's an iframe that gets dropped over top of the page when you try to edit things. So when you click to try and type stuff in you're (unknowingly) clicking and typing in the iframe.

Somebodies gone and posting bollocks and messed things up I think. Not cool.
    Problem fixed.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information