Page 1024 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 2452492497410141022102310241025102610341074112415242024 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    I'm going to back off for a while; I've been hogging this thread for several days to where the long-time members can hardly get a word in.
    I think you are an asset, Smitty. But in case you really want to cool it here for a while, you might want to spend some time at
    http://www.pit-lane.biz/t117p246-gp1...es-aprilia-rsa

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    our rules prevent SOME of us from using them in Buckets
    Except cheaters, cheaters use 85s

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Except cheaters, cheaters use 85s
    Doesnt bother me !
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    85's .... Hmmmm unrestricted 85's .... a proper unrestricted anything goes 85cc developers class ... yes please ...

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Smitty, yes, post pictures of odd ball engines please.

Bike
    variety
    do any of you guys have experience with these things that go inside the carb bore, either before or after the slide ? is it just rubbish with a splash of snake oil ? i have hard time believing it does anything good. heres the description

The Quad-Flow Torque Wing has vertical and horizontal air flow stabilizers which increase air flow, air velocity, and fuel atomization, thereby increasing performance. This easy to install device gives a big increase in bottom-end and mid-range torque and performance. It delivers a great bang for the buck! Increases air flow, velocity, and fuel atomization Big increase to bottom-end & mid-range performance Increased torque enables pulling a taller gear Improved throttle response Allows leaner jetting which results in increased fuel mileage Laser cut stainless steel Quick & easy to install Made in the U.S.A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quad-Flow-Torque-Wing-300x300.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	304533  

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    I have a hard time believing it does anything good. here is the description.

The Quad-Flow Torque Wing has vertical and horizontal air flow stabilizers which increase air flow, air velocity, and fuel atomization, thereby increasing performance. Big increase to bottom-end & mid-range performance Increased torque enables pulling a taller gear.
    This is where a back to back dyno test would be very interesting. I would be happy to help if anyone has one to try.

Bike
    variety
    heres one that installs upstream of the carb. yes if anyone has one to test that would be nice to see some results

The air box is connected to the throttle by the air boot. The typical boot is inefficient in routing the air stream as it snakes around the frame and shock before reaching the throttle valve. The irregular shape of the boot produces unsteady and erratic air flow – turbulence. The result is compromised power delivery.

The FMF SNAP™ divides the air passage within the boot into quadrants to increase air velocity by directing the air stream and reducing turbulence.

With improved air flow to the throttle valve, you will experience crisper and immediate throttle response, as well as a boost in the low to mid-range torque.

Installing the SNAP™ is as easy as installing an air filter in most cases and requires no jetting or fuel changes. Drop it in the air boot and feel an immediate difference at the first crack of the throttle with a healthier pull off the bottom. The FMF SNAP™ is bolt on performance!
    • Better Throttle Response and More Torque
    • Easy Installation
    • No Fuel or Jetting Changes Required
    • Patent Pending

Name:	FMF_Image_d5290f3d-7d49-45c0-a7ff-5df28fd565f1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	304534  

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    heres one that installs upstream of the carb. yes if anyone has one to test that would be nice to see some results

The air box is connected to the throttle by the air boot. The typical boot is inefficient in routing the air stream as it snakes around the frame and shock before reaching the throttle valve. The irregular shape of the boot produces unsteady and erratic air flow – turbulence. The result is compromised power delivery.

The FMF SNAP™ divides the air passage within the boot into quadrants to increase air velocity by directing the air stream and reducing turbulence.

With improved air flow to the throttle valve, you will experience crisper and immediate throttle response, as well as a boost in the low to mid-range torque.

Installing the SNAP™ is as easy as installing an air filter in most cases and requires no jetting or fuel changes. Drop it in the air boot and feel an immediate difference at the first crack of the throttle with a healthier pull off the bottom. The FMF SNAP™ is bolt on performance!
    • Better Throttle Response and More Torque
    • Easy Installation
    • No Fuel or Jetting Changes Required
    • Patent Pending
    If it boosts low end torque then it would be just as easy to put a dyno graph on the PR blurb as it would be to put some drawing ?

Bike
    I had a bit of a Google for dyno graphs. Looking around I realized that a dyno run is usually done at wide open throttle and that something designed to improve mid throttle response needs to be tested at several part throttle settings. A full throttle run would probably not do it justice.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I'm rather partial to those turbo spinner fans to put at the end of your exhaust they used to advertise in the 80s. That's where the next performance increase in 2 strokes comes from but it is being repressed by Honda as they have too much investment in the fore stroke IC engine.

A conspiracy

How about if the smoothed the intake of your cornflakes in the morning if it could improve the outflow of your waste products before you left the house. Result.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exercycle
    do any of you guys have experience with these things that go inside the carb bore, either before or after the slide ? is it just rubbish with a splash of snake oil ? i have hard time believing it does anything good. heres the description
    i don't see any dimples on it - room for improvement or just the next model "improved" version ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'm rather partial to those turbo spinner fans to put at the end of your exhaust they used to advertise in the 80s. That's where the next performance increase in 2 strokes comes from but it is being repressed by Honda as they have too much investment in the four stroke IC engine.
    .... I can see you are not a true believer ......

Name:	True Believer.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	304538  

Bike
    none
    Installing the SNAP™ is as easy as installing an air filter. Drop it in the air boot and feel an immediate difference at the first crack of the throttle.
    • Easy Installation
    • Patent Pending
    Dropping a bath towel in the air boot will do the same. Patent pending.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

he-ja

just took a look at the lads Frits mentioned.

http://www.he-ja.nl/2007-RS125-intro.htm

Thread Information