Page 1331 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3318311231128113211329133013311332133313411381143118312331 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,965 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Any 2 stroke I can get my hands on

Ryger Question to Frits

Frits... It is beyond me how you have endured all these endless questions on the subject. I realize at this stage my question may be hypothetical, but for the long term validity of 2 strokes, it seems more valid than speculation on the Ryger concept. (I have decided to take your word that the Ryger does work even if I don't understand how.)

If the Ryger technology is applied to more utilitarian applications. Like ones over a wide range of displacements in a lower states of tune,, Or in other words applications where the benefits of high rpm power are overshadowed by the importance of reduced emissions and reliability. Lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, etc etc.... In these applications what percentage of reduced emissions and power increase is expected to be retained?

Asked with respect to your patience...... Kermit Buller

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    frits see what youve done. guys put their life on hold waiting by the computer for the day you spill the beans. tell them it could be years before you talk
    If nothing else Harry has made us all think, not just follow other peoples twostroke fashions.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    If nothing else Harry has made us all think, not just follow other peoples twostroke fashions.
    Thinking is one thing, deciding which thoughts are worth trying is another thing, and doing? - well,a few actually do try, but their efforts are often relegated to the scrap heap by yet another bright spark who has come up with something apparently better! (grass on the other side is always greener).
    They say it's best to "see it through" but in this case, thoughts are flying everywhere at high speed and if you don't keep up with the changes then your chances of beating Harry Ryger by producing a Ryger lookalike first, you'll come a very poor

Me? - forget it!

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    Thinking is one thing, deciding which thoughts are worth trying is another thing, and doing? - well,a few actually do try, but their efforts are often relegated to the scrap heap by yet another bright spark who has come up with something apparently better! (grass on the other side is always greener).
    They say it's best to "see it through" but in this case, thoughts are flying everywhere at high speed and if you don't keep up with the changes then your chances of beating Harry Ryger by producing a Ryger lookalike first, you'll come a very poor

Me? - forget it!
    First is over rated anyway

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Yes, absolutely ...

Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    It's not a critical project and I've got many other things to do on the "List", but I have a feeling it could be a lot longer wait than a few months.
    This is a show and tell thread, and all about sharing, we would love to see some photos and posts of what your up too, sounds very interesting.

Bike
    TZ400
    Be careful interpreting any conclusions you may derive from Frits graphical analysis of resultant conrod forces,
    as his peak cylinder pressure value for some reason has a large error factor in it.
    Using numbers gained from actual analysis of an RSW for a PhD thesis and the values shown for an RSA modeled in EngMod
    the peak cylinder pressure value gives a large resultant area well above the X axis - making allot of the logic around the accelerating
    forces on the crankpin in error as well.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    I had read "Frits is over rated" and thought WTF

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Be careful interpreting any conclusions you may derive from Frits graphical analysis of resultant conrod forces,
    as his peak cylinder pressure value for some reason has a large error factor in it.
    Using numbers gained from actual analysis of an RSW for a PhD thesis and the values shown for an RSA modeled in EngMod
    the peak cylinder pressure value gives a large resultant area well above the X axis - making allot of the logic around the accelerating
    forces on the crankpin in error as well.
    Can you post more correct data?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Flettner,
    I need to point out (even though I quoted your post) that my comments were directed at the whole Ryger "saga" and not at you personally,

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ZdenekK View Post
    Looking down the bore of Ryger, are all 11 transfer ports visible with piston at Bottom Dead Center?
    This should answer your question ZdenekK: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130908092

Quote Originally Posted by 2005bully View Post
    Frits... It is beyond me how you have endured all these endless questions on the subject.
    It amazes me too Kermit. But it's fun. If I were to give an explanation, it would probably be that I am excited about these new developments which I want to share as much as possible (which is not yet as much as I would like), and that I enjoy the flood of ludicrous wonderful ideas that are being put forward on this forum.

If the Ryger technology is applied to more utilitarian applications. Like ones over a wide range of displacements in a lower states of tune,, Or in other words applications where the benefits of high rpm power are overshadowed by the importance of reduced emissions and reliability. Lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, etc etc.... In these applications what percentage of reduced emissions and power increase is expected to be retained?
    I think we will be able to control the power quite well; we don't want to turn lawn mowers into dragsters. But I can't give you any percentages for reduced emissions;
    many aspects of the Ryger system must still be researched.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So that's actually the bottom of the barrel

Transferring into the head as well. Nah we believe that is conventional.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Fellers,
    Just thought I’d get my mind clear on the Ryger features that we know of:

• 90 rod with the standard VM bore and stroke
    • Same crankshaft & cylinder head
    • Reed valve appears to be positioned as in pics, essentially shifting this from the standard KZ crankcase position to the cylinder in a position similar to Rotax/Aprilia cylinders
    • Wet bottom end
    • Ø30 carb is fed with straight fuel
    • 20 mm spacer plate under cylinder
    • Slightly modified (internally) cylinder, sort of implying at least the A & B ports (from the outside) and presumably C ports are utilized.
    • Single exh port
    • Plain piston skirt visible thru exh port
    • 11 transfers passages are indicated. Assuming the standard transfers are utilized, this means another 6 passages are added
    • An engine can be converted in one day, sort of indicating that, with the addition of certain key components and there wouldn’t be casting changes required
    • The system can be applied to crankcase scavenged engines, reed or rotary valve, not sure about piston port. Whether this means that the existing inlet system is retained or blanked off and replaced with the cylinder reed is unclear.
    • Can be applied to four stroke engines in terms of mechanical and thermodynamic aspects, but not gas dynamics

Anything missing or wrong?

Frits, any more titbits to add?

if we assume its based on HCCi then doesnt that suggest spent exh gas is intentionally routed back to the combustion chamber each cycle ? maybe add that to your list. the other thing is the piston rings. from what i recall frits only said they dont touch the piston or maybe it was they dont touch the cylinder. maybe there is no rings. i posted the link for a ringless 2t and it didnt seem overly complicated. this would fit with frits statment about keeping it simple. no rings-less friction-30k rpm no problem ?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    maybe there is no rings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryger piston rings.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	417.6 KB 
ID:	316488
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post

I think we will be able to control the power quite well; we don't want to turn lawn mowers into dragsters. But I can't give you any percentages for reduced emissions;
    many aspects of the Ryger system must still be researched.
    Frits, wouldn't you have thought that Harry might have researched what he had a little more before he went this far? I would imagine he is hard at work sorting through the emission (combustion) side of things right now, It's a fairly important aspect isn't it?

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Frits, wouldn't you have thought that Harry might have researched what he had a little more before he went this far? I would imagine he is hard at work sorting through the emission (combustion) side of things right now, It's a fairly important aspect isn't it?
    I bet Harry is a mythical character and the "Ryger" is really just a cunning plan to design and build a super engine by systematically picking the brains of all the bright guys on this forum!

Thread Information