Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle clubs in Dunedin?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

Motorcycle clubs in Dunedin?

So I live in Dunedin and Im keen to join a motorcycle club. My partner plans to get her liscence and first bike this year, but untill then, I have nobody to ride with!!!. I want to join a club in my area if possible, for rides and whatever social events occur, I enjoy the whole scene, and naturally my partner would join too. I ve googled clubs but it doesnt really tell me much, I was hoping that someone here could recommend a club that has social rides and events, (track days could be fun, but not a proirity)
    If anybody knows of a club in my region or could point me in the right direction thatd be great.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Pm Nighthawk (member on here) he lives in Dunners,think he is away this weekend at the Garston rally.Good bloke does a lot of riding,he will be able to point you in the right direction,hows the weather down there?i am just up the road a bit and the amount of water thats fallen is starting to be a problem with no sign of it letting up.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    thanks, the weather here is foul, made the mistake of taking the bike to work yesterday. in jeans. Yes I regretted that decision! it is still crap weather here, so much for going for a nice long ride this weekend!!!

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    thanks, the weather here is foul, made the mistake of taking the bike to work yesterday. in jeans. Yes I regretted that decision! it is still crap weather here, so much for going for a nice long ride this weekend!!!
    good to see more dunners riders i normally go out for a ride most weeks
    also partner has a wee gn 250 she managed to follow me down to the garston rally

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one

cool,

another dunedin rider has identified themselves!!
    If there isnt a Dunedin Motorcycle club, Id be keen to arranga an informal one, where there was a ride on the 1st and 3rs sunday of each month or whatever, and go have a beer afterwards, and be free and open to all, I think I might set about doing that, would anyone on here be keen for that if a club doesnt exist for that purpose??

Bike
    2011 Suzuki Gsx-R 1000 L1 , KXF250
    Blog Entries

i'm also intrested

Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    another dunedin rider has identified themselves!!
    If there isnt a Dunedin Motorcycle club, Id be keen to arranga an informal one, where there was a ride on the 1st and 3rs sunday of each month or whatever, and go have a beer afterwards, and be free and open to all, I think I might set about doing that, would anyone on here be keen for that if a club doesnt exist for that purpose??
    i just bought a new gsxr but i have no other friends with bikes atm to ride with

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by slothracer View Post
    i just bought a new gsxr but i have no other friends with bikes atm to ride with
    Tried Southern Rider???
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Tried Southern Rider???
    bikes. not livestock. you banjo-fiddlin-hillbilly fuck.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Tried Southern Rider???
    not sure its goin anymore, last time i looked there was f all posting, no escapade this year either.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    It wasn't a club, just a bike forum with occasional meet up of forum members. The Escapade was to fund the forum web site. Due to a huge lack of interest I lost interest. Nighthawk started a great thing and did leave it open for anyone interested to get involved and make it happen as a productive forum and a place to organise some rides in and around the South Island.
    I say get hold of Tigertim via the website SR, they were all good blokes on there and some keen to ride.

Akzle...is that a kind of Toyota or something
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    1983 Suzuki GS650E
    I'm in dunners to... Would be keen to ride if my bike is ever running/reliable

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    With no Escapade this year there is the ever popular Southern Safari (a lot of escapade routes were very similar- even questions) which is run by The Southern Touring Group.

It is approx 680 k ride with questions on things you have to find and is held on weekend 12th and 13th November, however you have a year to complete it if you can't do it that weekend. A lot of fun and if you catch up or ride with the STG you will enjoy either way and get to see some of Otago area.

Pick up a flyer from Mciver Veitch for more details.

If you have an unreliable bike get an AA card.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Sadly, Southern Rider has suffered the fate of most small forum sites. People stopped posting - then stopped visiting the site because no-one was posting. A death-spiral which has gone beyond the point of no return. Even the regular tag game threads died through lack of interest. As is usually the case, Facebook is the main cause - SR brought the people together, then FB took over for social interaction. Unfortunately that made it an almost closed community, with little avenue for newbies to come on board and join the social interaction.

Nighthawk has poured huge amounts of time, effort and resources into the SR site over the years, only to watch it fade away to virtually nothing. I think he's had enough.

There used to be regular SR Dunedin Thursday evening rides, with the destination and ride speed arranged on the day to suit rider capability. Unfortunately they got hijacked and taken over by another group which had a slightly different group riding ethos.

Less regular organised rides still happen in Dunedin, and with the warmer weather activity usually picks up. Send a PM to TigerTim20, he organises quite a few social rides. He's a busy family man these days, but still likes to get out for a fang on his R1, with other like-minded riders.
    Last edited by Virago; 26th October 2016 at 11:34.
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post

If you have an unreliable bike get an AA card.
    That'll probably need to be AA Plus for a bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    bandit
    If you're over 40 try Ulysses.

Mike Wyatt #7808
    Phone: 03 453 5287
    Mobile: 0274 853 906
    Email: otago@ulysses.org.nz

http://www.ulysses.org.nz/branches/
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information