Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    A DR rider with an iPhone?

Ewww, tacky...
    once had a KTM as well but she was a far too high maintenance ride

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnyrob View Post
    pbtech.co.nz has Garmin Zumo 660s going for around $650 inc GST. I ordered one last night.
    Price is ex GST Rob, but still fantastic... not sure how fast they will fill a backorder tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2004 R1200GS
    Price for the Zumo 660 is $560+GST and they have 8 in the logistics centre. Should be sweet as.
    Him mit der R1200 Bayerische Motoren Werke Gelende Strasse

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R
    So GPS geeks, is there a nice way to turn my GPX file into a pretty fly over (preferably in Google Earth) so I can impress friends and influence people with my outstanding ascent rates...or just show off my routes...Thank you kindly

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Willdat? View Post
    So GPS geeks, is there a nice way to turn my GPX file into a pretty fly over (preferably in Google Earth) so I can impress friends and influence people with my outstanding ascent rates...or just show off my routes...Thank you kindly
    Yes there is...

Bike
    Honda FT500, Yamaha WR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Yes there is...
    I can email you the attachment :P

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Instead of Mr Helpful's reply, something of use. Firstly open GE, choose open, then change the file type from kml/kmz to gps (which I think has GPX and other types next to it). Play with height options in the little pop up window to suit.

Then - on your own again - I can't remember details after that suffice to say there is a button somewhere!

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    I can email you the attachment :P
    Go for it...

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Ok need help.
    I have had my 60csx active log on while riding in the past.
    My screen has lots of lines running across the screen.
    These lines are from somewhere -for example lets say- the bottom of the Maungatapu & the other end of the straight line may be somewhere like the hamner end of the rainbow. I believe these lines may be from where I have turned off the active log & then started the active log again at a different location - I don't know, I'm guessing.

Anyway my problem is that I have tried to get rid of said lines.
    In mapsource I have all the tracks running like a spidersweb all over the place. I would like to edit the tracks so only the info I want (ie the off road bits) are shown & the road stuff deleted so I have a small lil worm showing a track.

I try to use the track divide function but when I tick it & hover over the portion of line i want to divide in half quite a few lines ( maybe covering 100s of kms ) are highlited not just a point or line between points.

If I use the track erase function & use the pencil eraser thing over a portion of the track I wish to erase, it just basically wipes out the closest point & the track then shifts to the next closest point still leaving a long line covering maybe 50kms or so.

Clear as mud?

What I want to do is just split a track in half at some point so I can then delete the unwanted portion of the track.

As you can prob tell I'm not that good a this crap so if there is an easy method please let me know.

Many thanks for your help in this matter

I've been waiting for an hour & a half - don't keep me waiting you'll only make me cross...
    I have had another go at editing the track. What happens is if I delete a section of the track i lose the closest two points to where I erase. if I carry on I end up deleting the whole track.

has noone else edited parts off their tracks?
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Track divide is the one you're after.
    It may just be highlighting the previous or next track...

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Ok need help......
    In mapsource I have all the tracks running like a spidersweb all over the place. I would like to edit the tracks so only the info I want (ie the off road bits) are shown & the road stuff deleted so I have a small lil worm showing a track.

I try to use the track divide function but when I tick it & hover over the portion of line i want to divide in half quite a few lines ( maybe covering 100s of kms ) are highlited not just a point or line between points. .....
    Track divide is the way to go. Sounds like you have some super long track logs including turning the machine off in one location and turning it on in another location and the track log continuing.

Just have to keep dividing the log up and then deleting the sections that are the "straight line links" between the good bits. You can only divide at points that already exist so divide the log at the start and end of each good bit.

HTH.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    91 R80GS
    Thanks guys & i agree with your presumption ryan but when I go to divide the track there is a thin line that shows where the track will then shift once the highlited piece of track is erased. I don't see any indication that I have successfully divided the track.
    I think I have layers of tracks underneath with different colours.

Bloody frustrating things.
    In life as in dance Grace glides on blistered feet

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
    Thanks guys & i agree with your presumption ryan but when I go to divide the track there is a thin line that shows where the track will then shift once the highlited piece of track is erased. I don't see any indication that I have successfully divided the track.
    I think I have layers of tracks underneath with different colours.

Bloody frustrating things.
    Make sure you're viewing tracks on the left side.
    You'll se a new one appear each time you divide a track.

Thread Information