Thread: 1ST rego for WR

Bike
    KX WR PX SL

Smile 1ST rego for WR

Hi Kaybeas. Tim here. Fresh member. Recently scored a 06 WR450 and cos I live 1 km away from 70 kms of uninterupted length of ever changing coastline, I would love to register this bike.

Issue #1: Its been regd on a EB farm class exemption and never had to have a wof. This would be be cool but it only allows for a 20km radius of the farm and I would like to be able to do some of the paper roads and moutain trials round here.

Issue #2: It is a Japanese used import.

I have got all the legal requirements, lights , horn ect all on and working so it is road worthy fit type deal.

Any ideas what to expect when I show up to VINZ or VTNZ ?
    Is any of those 2 easier to deal with ? One time when I was looking at road reging a KX5, VINZ told me just go home and dont bother son.

Any ideas or experience here would be great !

Best cheers !

Bike
    1999 BMW R1100GS / 2012 WR 250 R
    Welcome to the dark side of motorcycling . Don't mention vegetables or post pics in this forum and you will be ok
    Nice choice of bike, cant help with your road legal stuff but VTNZ would be my starting place

Bike
    KX WR PX SL
    Rodga with the veg. Will take a look around. Scope it out. Do I need night vision googs ...?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by KX525 View Post
    Rodga with the veg. Will take a look around. Scope it out. Do I need night vision googs ...?
    Wouldn't hurt to bring cake to your first group ride

Bike
    KX WR PX SL

Red face

And lashing of yummy lemonade

Bike
    You may find more assistance on the ADVRIDER website. KiwiBiker used to be a very active site but some of the members (strangely enough mainly NON adventure rider members) cant play nicely with the other children. Then the great "PIC" war started and members were getting infractions for all sorts of shit. Site just sort of imploded after that. Bit of a shame really, it used to be an awesome website for New Zealand based riders.
    Good luck with your rego

Bike
    KX WR PX SL
    Cheers for the heads up. Yeah I used to frequent here 10 or more years ago when I got back into offroad after road racing. Twas a good site alright and looking at the activity, yes the traffic does appeared to have slowed somewhat.... shame.

Any hows the is still some good reading to be had. Will update with reg info as it unfolds.

Thread Information