Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: GPS mapping and GPS units you use

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    I get a good solid 12 plus hours (think it's actually longer but been a while since I took that much notice) on my 62s with backlight permanently on and using the rechargeable 1900 mAh Sanyo eneloops.
    Does not drain while turned off.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    2011 TTR 250

garmin

Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    I get a good solid 12 plus hours (think it's actually longer but been a while since I took that much notice) on my 62s with backlight permanently on and using the rechargeable 1900 mAh Sanyo eneloops.
    Does not drain while turned off.
    Many thanks TA , am using new Energiser 2300mAh batteries , have sent another e/m to Navi Technology Group Auckland to ask for a replacement device & where to send this one back , Thought i was doing the right thing buying in NZ , but i am not so sure about that now!!

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Quote Originally Posted by Logmaker View Post
    Many thanks TA , am using new Energiser 2300mAh batteries , have sent another e/m to Navi Technology Group Auckland to ask for a replacement device & where to send this one back , Thought i was doing the right thing buying in NZ , but i am not so sure about that now!!
    Sanyo Eneloops are much better quality than the Energiser, though is sounds like your problem may be bigger than that. From what I've seen having played with both the 1900mAh Eneloop lasts longer than the higher rated Energisers.
    You could try a set of non rechargable Energiser Lithium ones, they are said to be pretty good. If they die fast then definately looking at the GPS sideways.

I get my GPS's in NZ from Tony at Kiwi Gps here in ChCh. Can not recomend him highly enough, fantastic after sales support, loaded the free Open NZ maps for me and gave me a good solid lesson in getting started for free.
    His website shop really doesn't do him justace, he stocks more than he has listed and that includes RAM mounting stuff.
    www.kiwigps.co.nz
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Here is an article on RemoteMoto about rechargeable batteries for GPS units:

Rechargeable Batteries for GPS units
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    This is the NZ distributor for MAHA, nice chap, good service

http://www.recharged.co.nz/
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'

Not quite mapping, but still GPS!

I got a bit of surplus electronix for sale :

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics...-852621890.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/electronics...-852623505.htm

Have a look, see what you think.
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Sanyo Eneloops are much better quality than the Energiser, though is sounds like your problem may be bigger than that. From what I've seen having played with both the 1900mAh Eneloop lasts longer than the higher rated Energisers.
    You could try a set of non rechargable Energiser Lithium ones, they are said to be pretty good. If they die fast then definately looking at the GPS sideways.[/URL]
    Sanyo was bought by Panasonic (at least the battery part, maybe more) so they are Panasonic Eneloops now

Quote "Panasonic Eneloop (4th generation)[edit]

Comparison between new Panasonic Eneloops and the Sanyo AA Eneloops
    Following the acquisition of Sanyo by Panasonic, a fourth generation was introduced in April 2013 which states Panasonic instead of Eneloop on the label in some countries. The technological change is that the number of recharges was increased. The new model numbers are BK-3MCCE for AA and BK-4MCCE for the AAA models and they can be recharged up to 2100 times."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2011 TTR 250

Garmin 62s

Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    This is the NZ distributor for MAHA, nice chap, good service

http://www.recharged.co.nz/
    Hi Josh , Many thanks for your links , have written all info down so will get a charger & new batteries , will see how that works in GPS .

Bike
    2011 TTR 250

Garmin 62s

Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Sanyo was bought by Panasonic (at least the battery part, maybe more) so they are Panasonic Eneloops now

Quote "Panasonic Eneloop (4th generation)[edit]

Comparison between new Panasonic Eneloops and the Sanyo AA Eneloops
    Following the acquisition of Sanyo by Panasonic, a fourth generation was introduced in April 2013 which states Panasonic instead of Eneloop on the label in some countries. The technological change is that the number of recharges was increased. The new model numbers are BK-3MCCE for AA and BK-4MCCE for the AAA models and they can be recharged up to 2100 times."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop
    Hi Pete376403 , Many thanks to you for info , where does one buy the above batteries??

Bike
    2011 TTR 250
    You could try a set of non rechargable Energiser Lithium ones, they are said to be pretty good. If they die fast then definately looking at the GPS sideways.

I get my GPS's in NZ from Tony at Kiwi Gps here in ChCh. Can not recomend him highly enough, fantastic after sales support, loaded the free Open NZ maps for me and gave me a good solid lesson in getting started for free.
    His website shop really doesn't do him justace, he stocks more than he has listed and that includes RAM mounting stuff.
    www.kiwigps.co.nz
    Many thanks TA , had a look @ web site - interesting , as you can see with other posts a lot of help has been forthcoming . Cheers .

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650SE
    GPS Batteries

I use various Garmin GPS Units extensively at work for long periods of time.
    They NEED good quality Lithium Batteries and if used will last many many times longer than any other type of battery.

On my DR650, I have however wired the Garmin to the bike battery...

VMX Steve
    Don't dream it - Be it!

Bike
    2011 TTR 250
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoCharlie View Post
    GPS Batteries

I use various Garmin GPS Units extensively at work for long periods of time.
    They NEED good quality Lithium Batteries and if used will last many many times longer than any other type of battery.

On my DR650, I have however wired the Garmin to the bike battery...

VMX Steve
    OK what brand of lithium batteries do you use ? .I have got new Maha powerex NiMH rechargeables

Bike
    2011 TTR 250
    OK what brand of lithium batteries do you use ? .I have got new Maha powerex NiMH rechargeables
    WARNING!!! Be warned do not have anything to do with a company NAVI TECHNOLOGY GROUP who purport to be AUTHORISED GARMIN Wholesaler & Dealers . They take your money & run never to be heard from again . Google them & see the raft of ripoffs they have executed.

Bike
    2002 KTM 640 Adventure
    WARNING!!! Be warned do not have anything to do with a company NAVI TECHNOLOGY GROUP who purport to be AUTHORISED GARMIN Wholesaler & Dealers . They take your money & run never to be heard from again . Google them & see the raft of ripoffs they have executed.
    Funny you say that. I bought a Garmin Montana a couple of years ago from these guys.
    It arrived in good time and I am still using it. I was suspicious though that it did arrive from overseas but on a good note, there was no duty as it didn't breach the threshold limits. I guess at the end of the day, these companies and value basket etc, don't deserve out trade....

Thread Information