Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    Custom Ag100
    Quote Originally Posted by G4L4XY View Post
    Bearing this in mind, would you bother with replacing a leather jacket if it had a small tear/hole in it? It's a 2-piece so I'd need to replace the whole thing if that was the case.
    Depending where hole is just get it patched, gang insignia will do the trick
    "Sorry Officer, umm.... my yellow power band got stuck wide open"

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport

Bearing this in mind, would you bother with replacing a leather jacket if it had a small tear/hole in it? It's a 2-piece so I'd need to replace the whole thing if that was the case.

Cheers in advanced.

Found this in the policy:

Indemnity Value: means the replacement value, less an
    applicable fair depreciation based on the age, condition, wear
    and tear and remaining expectant lifespan of any item.

Gear is 2 years old.
    You can argue for more money if its low. I succeeded with that approach. I argued that although the gear was a few years old it had minimal use so in some cases the condition was almost new. I also still use the Jacket as it had a small tear in the lower sleeve. Been three years now

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    They aren't being too tough. My suitcase vanished at LAX and the insurance assessor told me that because the clothing had been worn it was second hand, and second hand clothing had no value. Prick! It was a real struggle to get anything out of the company (NZI), like banging your head against a wall, it was about seventeen years ago and I'm still pissed off.

Replace the gear that needs replacing, patch the hole in the jacket if it's big. A small hole will just add to your street creed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    After sending an email to the broker, it's all been sorted out. Apparently they ticked the wrong box and I have "full" gear cover or whatever so now I'm getting what I paid for it.

See attached pic for the jacket damage, minimal I know so is it worth getting it replaced. I'm claiming for helmet and gloves anyway and they've seen the damage and haven't said anything otherwise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140719_003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	299788

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Turns out I was just being a n00b.

Bike
    NC30s
    After sending an email to the broker, it's all been sorted out. Apparently they ticked the wrong box and I have "full" gear cover or whatever so now I'm getting what I paid for it.

See attached pic for the jacket damage, minimal I know so is it worth getting it replaced. I'm claiming for helmet and gloves anyway and they've seen the damage and haven't said anything otherwise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140719_003.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	299788
    Patch it up and pocket the cash

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    They want me to take the gear to my repairer so that's not a possibility this time. Last time however I kept my gear haha.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Depreciation is a legitimate accounting measure. I would be surprised if you got more than 60% of its value at 2 years old.

Next time get a replacement value added to your policy and if won't be a issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    Depreciation is a legitimate accounting measure. I would be surprised if you got more than 60% of its value at 2 years old.

Next time get a replacement value added to your policy and if won't be a issue.
    Good advice, I did add gear cover to my policy as it wasn't covered initially, didn't really think about the minor details like that though. Something to keep in mind.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries

Get a patch on it.

I love wearing my old race suit. its covered in patches lol. Mainly because I wasn't very good at racing but it does have character that a new suit doesn't have.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    '13 Repsol Thou'
    I've handed my gear in, we'll see what they wanna do, I don't mind either way, new suit, cool but will have to wear it in. Patch, cool no need to wear in a new suit.

Bike
    ducati 900ss f650
    if the insurance company pay out on an item, they then own it and will probably auction it of on t/m or turners

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on

Any Good Third Party Insurers Out There

Just got the bill for a year's third party insurance for my Ducati. I've had it with AMI for a couple of decades now, and have never had to make a claim.

Digging through the paperwork I see they want to charge a premium of $24.27

And then I see a "premium adjustment" of $25.73 - with no details of why, of what it is for, no mention of it anywhere in the pile of bumpf they have sent.

Effectively it is doubling the cost of the policy.

Now I've been on the phone to them, explained that I felt this was both sneaky and unfair, that it should be clearly explained and I said I would be shopping around.

So anyone have any recommendations for good third party cover from a reliable (do such things exist?) company
    =mjc=

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    jess from state.

Or.... Kiwibike*.
    Pgg. Fmg.

Bike
    z750 '08 , mp3 250 '09
    Im paying $660 per year full comprehensive on my Z750 2008 valued at $6150, $500 gear coverage. $650 excess.
    I am 26, no claims in the past. Riding since I was 16. This is through YOUI (Although I have REKT my bikes heaps of times but never said anything about it haha)

Bike
    2012, Triumph Daytona 675SE
    Quote Originally Posted by corsaro128 View Post
    Im paying $660 per year full comprehensive on my Z750 2008 valued at $6150, $500 gear coverage. $650 excess.
    I am 26, no claims in the past. Riding since I was 16. This is through YOUI (Although I have REKT my bikes heaps of times but never said anything about it haha)
    Im with Youi now too. Some of the things they promised when i bought the policy turned out to be missing in the actual wording. I called em back to cancel and ended up staying but having my excess dropped and gear cover increased. They're proper salesmen and you've gotta remember that when dealing with em. You can get a good deal but only if you haggle for it.
    By the way, you realise you have -$150 gear cover once you factor in your excess which they'll apply per claim eh?
    I reckon you should call em up, tell em you wanna cancel and get a pro rata refund. Theyll pass you around to someone who'll offer you a better deal to stay. Probably!

Thread Information