Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripperjon View Post
    Im with Youi now too. Some of the things they promised when i bought the policy turned out to be missing in the actual wording. I called em back to cancel and ended up staying but having my excess dropped and gear cover increased. They're proper salesmen and you've gotta remember that when dealing with em. You can get a good deal but only if you haggle for it.
    By the way, you realise you have -$150 gear cover once you factor in your excess which they'll apply per claim eh?
    I reckon you should call em up, tell em you wanna cancel and get a pro rata refund. Theyll pass you around to someone who'll offer you a better deal to stay. Probably!
    I have a major problem with the youi insurance model. It's just like the way ACC is fucked up. From the ad I get the distinct impression that you're better off having no insurance because those that don't have accidents will pay way less and those that do will pay through the nose anyway. I really want to hear from any of their customers that have made a claim. I would imagine they will screw you for anything they can. Protecta, on the other hand, couldn't wait to pay and were genuinely sad at the prospect of writing off my bike.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Scooter
    Read some pretty dodgy reviews about Youi from Aus/NZ after someone I know had some dealings with them.........

http://www.servicerage.com/car-and-home-insurance/youi

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/yo...insurance.html

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post
    Read some pretty dodgy reviews about Youi from Aus/NZ after someone I know had some dealings with them.........

Thanks for that. Just as I expected.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    2003 GS1200SS

Insurance in Wellington???

I just bought a new bike and went to get it insured. Have rung around a few places now and none of them will give me theft insurance as it will live on the street (there is no where else it can live). Do you know anyone who will insure it even if it lives on the road? Surely there are plenty of bikes in Wellington who have to live on the street as the house doesn't have any off street access...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottChappell View Post
    I just bought a new bike and went to get it insured. Have rung around a few places now and none of them will give me theft insurance as it will live on the street (there is no where else it can live). Do you know anyone who will insure it even if it lives on the road? Surely there are plenty of bikes in Wellington who have to live on the street as the house doesn't have any off street access...
    kiwibike insurance

Bike
    aprilia Tuono
    Yep kiwi bike Will do on street insurance
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen" Douglas Adams (1952-2001) - not riding a TUONO then!

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    have you looked at options like a ground ancher / chaining it up inside your fence or something?
    perhaps look into one of those gps chip thingies - that might help with insurance

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50

Youi

Quote Originally Posted by mada View Post

Theres been a bit of growling on Facebooks biker pages re Youi ..... all the gripes have been when the enquirer has rang for a quote and they insisted on having the enquirers bank details before they quote them the policy costs...... THEN the person finds they have started deducting the premiums even tho no policy has been arranged or confirmed .... took them ages to get the funds reversed .... the general consensus was they are a bunch of dishonest scammers
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottChappell View Post
    Street parking in Wellington. Not sure I would do that and you can understand insurance companies not liking it also.
    Have you tried renting a garage nearby. Even a shared garage with someone wanting storage would be good. Perhaps a notice in the Grocery store that your looking to rent a 1/2 share in a garage.

The double garage in the house next door to us was $50.00.
    Wouldn't mind that at some point when the tenant leaves.
    I should camera it and rent bike parks inside it perhaps.
    My garage is getting to full now.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by kevie View Post
    Theres been a bit of growling on Facebooks biker pages re Youi ..... all the gripes have been when the enquirer has rang for a quote and they insisted on having the enquirers bank details before they quote them the policy costs...... THEN the person finds they have started deducting the premiums even tho no policy has been arranged or confirmed .... took them ages to get the funds reversed .... the general consensus was they are a bunch of dishonest scammers
    yup. exactly what happened to my daughter. she now knows that she does not need to give financial details when getting a quote. bunch of theiving pricks is all i can say about them and i am really sick of their bloody adds.

Bike
    2005 Suzuki boulevard C50
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    yup. exactly what happened to my daughter. she now knows that she does not need to give financial details when getting a quote. bunch of theiving pricks is all i can say about them and i am really sick of their bloody adds.
    LMAO told wife that I should ring them for a quote and when they ask for bank details ask them for theirs first .... then tell them its so I can scam them while they scam me lol

I messaged Fair Go about it and they didnt seem to be interested hhhhmmmmm

I think the ones that have been having the money taken should all complain to the commerce commission .... but then they would probably say you shouldnt give the details out lol
    Get Vengence on your kids !!! Live long enough to be grandparents

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000

Star Insurance all good?

I've just had a really good quote for a star insurance policy through kiwibike insurance.
    Thought I should check that they actually pay out on claims before I sign up
    Any horror stories out there?

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    I place a lot of business with Star, from classic Ferrari's to modern supercars and my own seven bikes.
    They have an excellent claims service and are great to deal with.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    When I added a second bike with them it was only another $2.50 a week. They take its consideration you cant ride both at the same time.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    I place a lot of business with Star, from classic Ferrari's to modern supercars and my own seven bikes.
    They have an excellent claims service and are great to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    When I added a second bike with them it was only another $2.50 a week. They take its consideration you cant ride both at the same time.
    Wow. sounding pretty good so far.

Thread Information