Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive motorcycle insurance thread

Bike
    2008 Kawasaki KLR650
    Thank you everyone for the great advice. Very helpful indeed. I am sorry for starting a new thread, not sure how this forum works, so if I did something wrong I am sorry. I do appreciate the other advice and Akzle, you may want to work on how not to scare off new riders, rather than slam them. You are proabably the reason why some people leave sites like this.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW View Post
    Thank you everyone for the great advice. Very helpful indeed. I am sorry for starting a new thread, not sure how this forum works, so if I did something wrong I am sorry. I do appreciate the other advice and Akzle, you may want to work on how not to scare off new riders, rather than slam them. You are proabably the reason why some people leave sites like this.
    Probably, Probably!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2011 CB1000R

I haven't posted since 2013...
    Recently bought another bike after 2yrs off road, so thought a glance through the old insurance thread was in order...Akzle been on my ignore list a long time

Time to call kiwi bike

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    etiquette? treat it like every other vehicle on the road, assume they are a blind, ignorant brainless cunt who is out to kill you, and ride accordingly

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by madandy View Post

I haven't posted since 2013...
    Recently bought another bike after 2yrs off road, so thought a glance through the old insurance thread was in order...Akzle been on my ignore list a long time

Time to call kiwi bike

Cheers
    Welcome back and good work on ol Akz.
    He's OK really!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if there was a definitive thread on motorcycle insurance.

If there was such a thread, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kiwibike Insurance wasn't perhaps one of the most highly recommended insurance brokers, catering specifically to the needs of Kiwi motorcyclists.
    Still an infidel Thankful I knew this thread existed so all you miserable buggers didn't tell me off for posting a separate thread I see Kiwibike still rates highly... Interesting, I wasn't impressed with their service back when I last had a bike with them. Sounds like they're a bit more organised now perhaps

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    Still an infidel Thankful I knew this thread existed so all you miserable buggers didn't tell me off for posting a separate thread I see Kiwibike still rates highly... Interesting, I wasn't impressed with their service back when I last had a bike with them. Sounds like they're a bit more organised now perhaps
    I called them and removed a bike and added another plus they posted a new direct deb form out that arrived next day.
    My main like is the cost of additional bikes on the policy is very low as they recognise you cant crash more than one at the same time.
    I think my policy cost savings is about 600 a year compared to my previous insurance company.
    Cant comment about claims though.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    I have just insured with youi, I tried a few others including Kiwibike and were the same $$$. I went with them as they will replace new if written off for 2 years. Have to say though it could be that they all do this? Hopefully won't need to find out

Bike
    Suzuki GSX S1000
    Quote Originally Posted by v twin View Post
    I have just insured with youi, I tried a few others including Kiwibike and were the same $$$. I went with them as they will replace new if written off for 2 years. Have to say though it could be that they all do this? Hopefully won't need to find out
    Youi are proven liars mate. I hope you have seen the policy and didn't just take the word of the prick on the phone.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    I went with them as they will replace new if written off for 2 years.
    Also check the wording for how many k's you're allowed to travel before losing your "replacement"cover.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    Youi are proven liars mate. I hope you have seen the policy and didn't just take the word of the prick on the phone.
    Yeah mate, it says new replace or cash payout for the same within 24 mths if total loss.has to be new 1st rego'd in my name and under 500k's....they're all shits really, any hole and they'll hide in it.

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Also check the wording for how many k's you're allowed to travel before losing your "replacement"cover.
    Good point, I'll check

Bike
    Mine
    ....they're all shits really, any hole and they'll hide in it.
    I'd have to disagree. The trick is to talk to people who have claimed. I've yet to here that from Youi so I can't really comment. I'm with Protecta and after a couple of claims I won't go anywhere else.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Ktm sd gt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmatt View Post
    Thanks for that mate, there were a few words in the docs that didn't sound good to me, like 'we may' which made me think it could also lead to 'we may not' in the event of a claim, if that makes sense.... I cancelled and went to Kiwibike who were very straight up and easy. The policy I have through them says 'we will' in the same section of the policy. Thanks very much, youi may have lifted there game but I don't want to be the one to find out they haven't.cheers

Bike
    2016 Yamaha MT-10

Insuring your ride

Looking for some recommendations with insurance. Tried Youi and they're a bunch of tossers.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Kiwi Bike Insurance.

End Thread.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information