Thread: cbr150r any good for track days?

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE

cbr150r any good for track days?

i was thinking of getting a crb150r for track days and abit of bucket bike racing...are they any good for track days? im only 14 so i cant exacualy fit on a 600 ect

thanks max
    chuck norris's calender goes from march 31st to april 2nd

No one fools chuck norris.......

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I think you will get bored with a 150 at a trackday in about an hour. You do realise that trackdays are a hundred bucks a shot don't you? If you are still keen and they will let you on the track, have a sit on a oldie-but-goodie FZR400RR or similar.

If $100 a day is too much money, and since you are enjoying pocketbikes, then why not build up an open-class watercooled bike? These are in the order of 14hp, and you get to race compeditively in another class.

HTH
    Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBastard View Post
    I think you will get bored with a 150 at a trackday in about an hour. You do realise that trackdays are a hundred bucks a shot don't you? If you are still keen and they will let you on the track, have a sit on a oldie-but-goodie FZR400RR or similar.

If $100 a day is too much money, and since you are enjoying pocketbikes, then why not build up an open-class watercooled bike? These are in the order of 14hp, and you get to race compeditively in another class.

HTH
    Steve
    ive officaly quit pocket bikes......im not trying to sound stuck up.....but ive got to much talent to sit around on a pocket bike.....
    no pocket bikes in new zealand have 14hp ive talked to people that realy know their stuff and even they know a pocket bike isnt capable of producing that sort of power,

ive got some cash to spend on a race bike and im looking for a good reliable bike

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by DELLORTO View Post
    ive officaly quit pocket bikes......im not trying to sound stuck up.....but ive got to much talent to sit around on a pocket bike.....
    no pocket bikes in new zealand have 14hp ive talked to people that realy know their stuff and even they know a pocket bike isnt capable of producing that sort of power,

ive got some cash to spend on a race bike and im looking for a good reliable bike
    Haha, ok then. Well you are into the money then. Even bucket racing isn't cheap per session, but I think trackdays will be lots more, unless you can get some sponsorship, or one of the local racers to take you under his wing with transport etc. You need more than cash though - you need an income, coz you will burn lots of dosh real fast even after you have your racebike.

Yeah any of the inline four 400cc RR bikes will keep you learning for quite some time, and keep you watching out for your braking markers too. I did a 4 hour ride on one last month, and it was plenty fun, with a wikid wikid sound to go with it. My mate bought one for $2,300.

The little 150 will be quite the yawn on the likes of Taupo Motorsport Park.

Do the numbers on the money wontya. Have fun!

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."

Bike
    CBR125R RACE BIKE
    Haha, ok then. Well you are into the money then. Even bucket racing isn't cheap per session, but I think trackdays will be lots more, unless you can get some sponsorship, or one of the local racers to take you under his wing with transport etc. You need more than cash though - you need an income, coz you will burn lots of dosh real fast even after you have your racebike.

Yeah any of the inline four 400cc RR bikes will keep you learning for quite some time, and keep you watching out for your braking markers too. I did a 4 hour ride on one last month, and it was plenty fun, with a wikid wikid sound to go with it. My mate bought one for $2,300.

Do the numbers on the money wontya. Have fun!

Steve

where can i race 400cc bikes though? and racing bkcetsw is cheaps as!!! i only payed $15 for my last meeting!

Bike
    BMW
    nsr 150 would be better....

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by DELLORTO View Post
    where can i race 400cc bikes though? and racing bkcetsw is cheaps as!!! i only payed $15 for my last meeting!
    Thats what I'm gettin at bro. Taupo for the day is $120, or $90 (I think) if you pre-pay, so you enter the realm of the "people with incomes." I guess thats still only $25 per week and I think you could easily earn that doing almost any after school job.

Then you need some other trackday person near to you who has trailer space for an up-and-comer young fella, but you need that with bucket racing as well.

Good luck, and have fun, whatever you do.
    Steve

Bike
    BSA A10
    No it won't be, especially if you're just running on the new extension

I ran a FXR150 there a couple of years back and had a great time hunting down and passing anything from 250-900cc bikes

Even at Ruapuna on the full track you can have some serious fun, best moment for me was passing a GSXR1000 around the outside into the dipper
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information