Page 107 of 167 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2492

Thread: Regular weekend rides

Bike
    Gixxer k7 track bike, SuperDuke Custom
    Blog Entries
    Tania, I'll rott your socks. The difference between mike's 80 and our 120 was just 2kph in my case

Look on the bright side it all goes to the general fund, some of which you'll get back one way or another like ACC training courses or better roads or More speed camera's or ... Doh!!!!!
    Everyone has an opinion.. mine can be found here Riding Articles

Bike
    Suzuki gsx650f 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForADuck View Post
    Tania, I'll rott your socks. The difference between mike's 80 and our 120 was just 2kph in my case

Look on the bright side it all goes to the general fund, some of which you'll get back one way or another like ACC training courses or better roads or More speed camera's or ... Doh!!!!!
    ....4kms in mine. I'd rather it went in my general pool to spend on bike mods and track days oh well lesson learned......must pay closer attention to the parked vehicles or stick closer to a bike with a radar, until I get mine

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by zealchick View Post
    ....4kms in mine. I'd rather it went in my general pool to spend on bike mods and track days oh well lesson learned......must pay closer attention to the parked vehicles or stick closer to a bike with a radar, until I get mine
    I actually saw the van before the detector went off. it just looked out of place.

They do a little sneaky thing on Neilson st and park the van opposite a big auto door so everyone thinks its just the door setting off the detector.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zealchick View Post
    One thing you need to be aware of is that the speed camera vans use the old K band and the lower portion of that. What this means is that you will get heaps of false positives (K Band is used for heaps of things, whilst Ka Band is only Police cars and a stronger signal).

The fact its at the lower end of the band also means you won't get a warning until your right on top of it. So be wary if you get a Detector to still use those eyes!!!!

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I have left my K band off. With the new cameras you get so little warning its hardly worth going through all the false alerts you get elsewhere. Also less chance as you have to be going away for them to get the plate so we have 50% less chance than cars to get caught and Camera fines don't carry demerits so not as harsh if the eyes miss one! As I say the new cameras give you stuff all warning be aware out there all!
    The one you guys all missed must have been well hidden? Kawakawa Bay thats a new one mental note to oneself!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    B12
    will try and make it out this week. what sort of time will we finish up ya reckon? got to be back before 4 to take a mate to the airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I have left my K band off. With the new cameras you get so little warning its hardly worth going through all the false alerts you get elsewhere. Also less chance as you have to be going away for them to get the plate so we have 50% less chance than cars to get caught and Camera fines don't carry demerits so not as harsh if the eyes miss one! As I say the new cameras give you stuff all warning be aware out there all!
    The one you guys all missed must have been well hidden? Kawakawa Bay thats a new one mental note to oneself!
    No it was very easy to see, but it was between two cars. My detector picked it up fine. for some reason i get a stronger signal coming towards the front of the van.

Some of the older cars still operate the old radar using K band (have had it go off twice) and the Transfield traffic trucks emit a Ka band.

I have main set to show the frequency so i can now tell whats what but like you said you still have to keep your eyes peeled.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    No it was very easy to see, but it was between two cars. My detector picked it up fine. for some reason i get a stronger signal coming towards the front of the van.

Some of the older cars still operate the old radar using K band (have had it go off twice) and the Transfield traffic trucks emit a Ka band.

I have main set to show the frequency so i can now tell whats what but like you said you still have to keep your eyes peeled.
    ah thanks for that feedback! Might turn my K band back on!
    I have a steering head mount and the way I sit on the Sv I cant see the readout but I know what you mean from in the car. I should try and mount it a bit more forward but I think it will obscure the speedo if I do?
    Anyway I didn't buy the fancy bluetooth sender I got a little speaker from dick smith and changed the connectors on an old cell phone curly charger lead to suit. Hooked it up in the helmet. Works well and they say you react quicker by sound alert rather than the flashing light thingy on the visor. I haven't tried the later so I don't really know. But my set up only cost about $20 bucks so its ok for now!
    The cops are hitting the bike loop through Clevdon and Kawakawa very hard.
    I'd imagine a speed camera there would generate heaps of revenue from cars as well. Wide road, quiet area, no traffic not hard to do a few clicks over the 50k its limited to! I bet that made a few grand over the weekend!!
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    ah thanks for that feedback! Might turn my K band back on!
    I have a steering head mount and the way I sit on the Sv I cant see the readout but I know what you mean from in the car. I should try and mount it a bit more forward but I think it will obscure the speedo if I do?
    Anyway I didn't buy the fancy bluetooth sender I got a little speaker from dick smith and changed the connectors on an old cell phone curly charger lead to suit. Hooked it up in the helmet. Works well and they say you react quicker by sound alert rather than the flashing light thingy on the visor. I haven't tried the later so I don't really know. But my set up only cost about $20 bucks so its ok for now!
    The cops are hitting the bike loop through Clevdon and Kawakawa very hard.
    I'd imagine a speed camera there would generate heaps of revenue from cars as well. Wide road, quiet area, no traffic not hard to do a few clicks over the 50k its limited to! I bet that made a few grand over the weekend!!
    I have the HARD system and it works fine but i know what you mean when it comes to reacting quicker to sound, also not the best to have a flashing red light in yours eyes at night time. Most of the time i can hear my detector with it turned up full noise.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki B-King

Sunday

Hiya all, anybody out for a ride on Sunday?

Bike
    KTM 690 Enduro
    Yip - I'm in

Bike
    2008 Suzuki B-King
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Yip - I'm in
    ha thats two of us then

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    looks good for tommorow
    Ill be there

Morcs
    you can turn back anytime but ususally back around 4 (depends on how many of the worlds problems we solve when stopped)

BTW that tool you sold me doesnt work on my oil filter (cant get the the socket wrench in the gap) might have to use a screwdiver after all
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    ZX7r
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad37 View Post
    ha thats two of us then
    me 2. Might have to be on the short leash myself 2moro; We'll see.
    ZX Rider

Bike
    Blog Entries
    looks like a good day..see you guys there. I also understand that Keith (Brock) is coming along so that probably means he'll tow along Phil as well so we should have a reasonable group.

Thread Information