Page 117 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2492

Thread: Regular weekend rides

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by javawocky View Post
    This does not constitue a race report - I expect a full report - and where the the vids the rest o ya? Coming soon I hope.

Was thinking about you guys circulating at speed while I tried to pry the oil filter off Scarlet - who ever did the service before me probably looked like a gorrilla and didn't know to put oil on the rubber seal. Had to resort to screwdrivers through the top, what a mess, but she's all good now.
    Well, the first session was busy drying out, to pretty dry by the end. the second session was dry and awesome, and the third and fourth were WET. The rain after the first session was enough to knock out my elcheapo camera. The vid I took of the first session (the only one) , the camera was badly placed, and you dont see much except my butt. So I will spare you all having to watch it for 20 minutes by not posting it.

Ah well, we live and learn,. Next time, it will go inside my helmet.

During the one dry session, I was having so much fun, that I scraped my footpeg (the hero knobs) twice, (and I think I scratched the side of my exhaust - because those scratches were not there before, and they are an identical angle to teh scrape on the hero knobs). Although I STILL have 2mm of chicken strips? Go figure...
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Soul View Post
    Well, the first session was busy drying out, to pretty dry by the end. the second session was dry and awesome, and the third and fourth were WET. The rain after the first session was enough to knock out my elcheapo camera. The vid I took of the first session (the only one) , the camera was badly placed, and you dont see much except my butt. So I will spare you all having to watch it for 20 minutes by not posting it.

Ah well, we live and learn,. Next time, it will go inside my helmet.

During the one dry session, I was having so much fun, that I scraped my footpeg (the hero knobs) twice, (and I think I scratched the side of my exhaust - because those scratches were not there before, and they are an identical angle to teh scrape on the hero knobs). Although I STILL have 2mm of chicken strips? Go figure...
    Red VTR, stripey helmet? Pics of your bike show it pretty damn close to decking out at the hairpin... very cool.
    Ciao Marco

Bike
    Gixxer k7 track bike, SuperDuke Custom
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Soul View Post
    Although I STILL have 2mm of chicken strips? Go figure...
    Difference between tires and bikes ground clearance (dynamic clearance of course).

We get strung up on chicken strips, but seriously they only thing they can show you is that you need better lines so you don't run off the side of the tires!!! I would say grinding out the pegs whilst still having tire left would be a good indicator.

P.S. Take a quick peek at the latest article on my site.
    Everyone has an opinion.. mine can be found here Riding Articles

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForADuck View Post
    Difference between tires and bikes ground clearance (dynamic clearance of course).

We get strung up on chicken strips, but seriously they only thing they can show you is that you need better lines so you don't run off the side of the tires!!! I would say grinding out the pegs whilst still having tire left would be a good indicator.

MMMMMMMMMM chicken strips, I'm having them for tea tonight in a hot/sour sauce.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by OutForADuck View Post
    Ok guys,
    Its time to get organising a ride for Good Friday (Thanks Tania, Great Idea ). Schedule and route below is open to discussion and contribution. Format also, but remember if its arranged on here its known by them and shall I say we need to ensure its a civilised ride.

Plan: Meet up early'ish Friday the 22nd of this month (Good Friday) for breakfast. Ride as a group from there through some lovely roads, over to the Coromandel and back via Kawakawa bay. We will do a lunch stop on the way and finish, hopefully for a coffee stop at Clevedon on the way back, after which we can all go our own way (I'll be leading a procession to the motorway for those that dont' know there way from there).

START: Meet from 8am through to 9am for breakfast at Autobarn services on the southern motorway (before the Drury off ramp) If in doubt this is where we are starting (-37.08715, 174.93968)

Depart: 9am sharp

Route: according to this link

Lunch: somewhere we decide? suggestions?

Coffee at last stop: Clevedon (Expected time of arrival 4:30pm)

Total Distance and Travel Time: 4:35 hours with a total distance of 351Km

Who is welcome: Anyone and everyone, BUT we expect you to be able to maintain an open road speed on back roads. Think competent rider, that can maintain an average speed of at least 80Kph across varied roads.

Whose Responsible: YOU ARE, this is NOT an organised group ride, we will do everything we can as mates to ensure you are heading in the right direction and safe, but YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for your riding, bike, safety and not getting lost et al.

Whose the Organisers: YOU are contribute here and lets get this going
    Sorry, this has to be said. This ride is F*cken dangerous for those without the experience or common sense to respect the road. FFS PLEASE be careful if you haven't done this before, or even if you have.
    Post up if you're going to go so those 'organising' it, and those thinking of going know how big the group is going to be. It's important.
    Enjoy the ride, it's an awesome bit of road, but lets have EVERYONE back safe and sound.
    Thank you.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    Sorry, this has to be said. This ride is F*cken dangerous for those without the experience or common sense to respect the road. FFS PLEASE be careful if you haven't done this before, or even if you have.
    Post up if you're going to go so those 'organising' it, and those thinking of going know how big the group is going to be. It's important.
    Enjoy the ride, it's an awesome bit of road, but lets have EVERYONE back safe and sound.
    Thank you.
    ???????????
    every road is dangerous for those without the experience or common sense to respect the road.
    This ride is no different to the Sunday rides we go on.

Bike
    ZX7r
    Quote Originally Posted by zealchick View Post
    Weather is looking good for Friday
    Hi Tania,

shall we ride down to the Autobahn together? I'll be leaving around 7.45 from Glendene. Is the Shell at Te Atatu North open at 8am? Could see you there, maybe Glen too. Cheers, lance
    ZX Rider

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zx rider View Post
    Hi Tania,

shall we ride down to the Autobahn together? I'll be leaving around 7.45 from Glendene. Is the Shell at Te Atatu North open at 8am? Could see you there, maybe Glen too. Cheers, lance
    Good call for the westies, Lance.. I'l meet you there as well.. or we could meet at the Rosebank/Patiki rd service station on that corner (where we meet for the Paeroa races)??? I'm guessing that Emil would join as well and maybe a couple others.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    ???????????
    every road is dangerous for those without the experience or common sense to respect the road.
    This ride is no different to the Sunday rides we go on.
    No, I disagree. Look at the history for coromandel rides on this site. Don't be a smartass and take heed, this road will bite back.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC. View Post
    No, I disagree. Look at the history for coromandel rides on this site. Don't be a smartass and take heed, this road will bite back.
    Well go and take it to another thread. this one is about organised rides on a Sunday or a longer ride with the same people on a different day not the pros and cons of some road.

Good bye.

Bike
    Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by BoristheBiter View Post
    Well go and take it to another thread. this one is about organised rides on a Sunday or a longer ride with the same people on a different day not the pros and cons of some road.

Good bye.
    With all due respect, I don't think you know why Death_Inc. posted that. Without getting into it and starting up a KB shitfight/stirring up painful memories, everyone agrees that all roads deserve respect and can be dangerous; DI is just pointing out that this particular stretch of road deserves a lot of attention (from everyone IMHO) and wants everyone back safe and sound. It's just a friendly "heads up."

Bike
    Suzuki gsx650f 2010
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zx rider View Post
    Hi Tania,

Hi lance

I probably won't make it to autobahn for breakfast....tis a little bit early for me, So i'll probably leave home bout 8.15 so i'm there in time for a 9am departure:-)

Looking forward to a good ride:-)

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by DidJit View Post
    It's just a friendly "heads up."
    Thanks, that's exactly it. Boris, you can take it as you will, but I'm just offering a 'heads up' for those that are going. I (and others I'm sure) don't want to see another rip thread from a coro loop ride.
    I'll say no more and leave you to organise it. Have a good ride
    Drew for Prime Minister!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Your thoughts are appreciated DEATH and noted. This is a dangerous road and we treat it with respect don't worry, partly why we noted in original message that this won't be a race and that riders are expected to take responsibility for their safety.

the roads that are the most fun are often the ones that need respect.

I thank you fir reminding those on here to come along and bring an attitude of enjoyment tempered with respect for the dangers of our sport.

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    On a completely different topic- the photos are out from Damian:
    on:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130041566

My best one:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/56...7626389626907/

I had to show someone!! woo hoo!
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Thread Information