Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The DR-Z400 thread

Bike
    Dr350

IMS tank

Decided to go for the IMS 15 litre tank, fitted really easily looks good and feels really solid. On a side note I put an ad on the for sales section for the sweet cheeks seat thing you can see in the photo. If anyone is interested in one I have extras so PM me, I can confirm these work bloody well, no more sore ass after an hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	813.4 KB 
ID:	320783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	320784  

Bike
    Are those bottles just sitting in there or are they secured with some strap we can't see?

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by Addo007 View Post
    Decided to go for the IMS 15 litre tank, fitted really easily looks good and feels really solid. On a side note I put an ad on the for sales section for the sweet cheeks seat thing you can see in the photo. If anyone is interested in one I have extras so PM me, I can confirm these work bloody well, no more sore ass after an hour.

The whole cover itself will be attached to the frame from the 4 corners, it has loops so it can be tied on. The right size bottles around the 2 litre mark fit snuggly into the pouches, from the net I have seen guys use msr fuel bottles wrapped in foam padding to hold them secure, this has the added bonus of carrying extra fuel for an emergency. In the photos I have just sat it on the bike with 1.5l bottles purely so people can see how it works. I'm still playing around with the best combo, the best thing is most options can be done for free and customised to the person/ bike. Bottles can be filled with water, or left empty so there is more give etc.

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Are those bottles just sitting in there or are they secured with some strap we can't see?
    The whole cover itself will be attached to the frame from the 4 corners, it has loops so it can be tied on. The right size bottles around the 2 litre mark fit snuggly into the pouches, from the net I have seen guys use msr fuel bottles wrapped in foam padding to hold them secure, this has the added bonus of carrying extra fuel for an emergency. In the photos I have just sat it on the bike with 1.5l bottles purely so people can see how it works. I'm still playing around with the best combo, the best thing is most options can be done for free and customised to the person/ bike. Bottles can be filled with water, or left empty so there is more give etc.

Bike
    Dr350

Tyre options?

I know this is probably a well discussed topic but I struggled to find anything on this site. I have 2 sets of rims and tyres for my drz, one with knobblys for trail rides and another currently with Pirelli scorpion road tyres, probably 80% road 20% off road at best. When the pirelli's need changing what is the best option for a more 50/50 tyre, possibly 60% road use. Looking for longevity on the road but still grippy enough to handle dirt roads and light off road that I don't need the knobblys for.

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by Addo007 View Post
    I know this is probably a well discussed topic but I struggled to find anything on this site. I have 2 sets of rims and tyres for my drz, one with knobblys for trail rides and another currently with Pirelli scorpion road tyres, probably 80% road 20% off road at best. When the pirelli's need changing what is the best option for a more 50/50 tyre, possibly 60% road use. Looking for longevity on the road but still grippy enough to handle dirt roads and light off road that I don't need the knobblys for.
    Try this link Addo007: Tyre Reviewer The filter at the top of the page is set to "Rear Tyres" and "Best Longevity" which shows tyres in order of best longevity. You may also find the "best price per kilometer" filter interesting to find out how many kilometers you get per cent. The price difference between tyres is quite surprising.

Tyres are a very personal topic, but for the DRZ400, I always go for the more off road side of the scale. Although you get less longevity, when you hit the off road sections you have far more control, capability, but moreover... fun. Additionally, you may find you spend less time picking up your bike from road oriented tyres that wash out when pushed just that little bit too far when riding off road
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Dr350
    Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Try this link Addo007: Tyre Reviewer The filter at the top of the page is set to "Rear Tyres" and "Best Longevity" which shows tyres in order of best longevity. You may also find the "best price per kilometer" filter interesting to find out how many kilometers you get per cent. The price difference between tyres is quite surprising.

Tyres are a very personal topic, but for the DRZ400, I always go for the more off road side of the scale. Although you get less longevity, when you hit the off road sections you have far more control, capability, but moreover... fun. Additionally, you may find you spend less time picking up your bike from road oriented tyres that wash out when pushed just that little bit too far when riding off road
    Thanks mate, that is an awesome website, im still working my way through it all. Very handy info about all the tyres too, im thinking the Heidenau's may be worth a crack.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    it's fun throwing money at an old broad ;-]

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Looking good mate, perfectly timed for the upcoming summer
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Blog Entries
    thank's mate, it's the last summer i'll have, baby due in march

Bike
    Dr350

Front fender brace

Does anyone here have a front fender brace they would sell? Or know a nz company that stocks them? I had a fender bag with tube and tyre irons that fell off and was lost recently which I think was due to the bouncing up and down of the fender, I am in the process of replacing the lost items but would like to prevent this happening again. I see pro cycle stock one for $29us but add at least the same for shipping, convert to nzd and it seems a lot of money for what it is. Has anyone fabricated one themselves?

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e

How much would you pay?

Hey all!

Some of you may remember me, most probably won't I used to live in NZ 7-8 years ago and was on KB a lot.

My boyfriend and I are looking at going to NZ in Jan/Feb next year and buying 2 x bikes to tour around. I currently have a 2009 DRZ400e here and would love to buy similar for the tour (means we can bring parts/goodies with us to bolt on straight away).

Question is... What would you expect to pay for a fully road reg'd DRZ in NZ? I'm not fussed on SM/S/E or year as long as it has been well looked after and is reliable.

Cheers Jaz
    "I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"
    -Roseanne Barr-

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekey_Mouse View Post
    Hey all!

Some of you may remember me, most probably won't I used to live in NZ 7-8 years ago and was on KB a lot.

My boyfriend and I are looking at going to NZ in Jan/Feb next year and buying 2 x bikes to tour around. I currently have a 2009 DRZ400e here and would love to buy similar for the tour (means we can bring parts/goodies with us to bolt on straight away).

Question is... What would you expect to pay for a fully road reg'd DRZ in NZ? I'm not fussed on SM/S/E or year as long as it has been well looked after and is reliable.

Cheers Jaz
    Todays Trademe
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Cate...ch_suggested=0
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    2009 DRZ400e
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Cheers... Have been watching Trademe... But I know we're not in summer prices, so figured I'd ask people in NZ what kind of prices they go for as road reg'd 400's seem harder to come by over there
    "I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"
    -Roseanne Barr-

Bike
    Blog Entries
    they will dry up pretty quick from what i've seen! people start paying crazy money for even ragged old 200's that are street legal by February

Thread Information