Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken bones; A-weight-ting is the hardest paart

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...you are supposed to mix them about 20:1 with alcohol...you should all know that...c'mon...you will shit well as well as giving everyone else the shits...win,win...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    I get my best sleep using that shit, apparently I am much nicer person while I'm on morphine though

Post it to me them
    Nah they are the best and been OK since.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Happier times...

Ruapuna, 2008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dave Trustrum, 50cc NZGP winner.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	310989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NZ 50cc GP 2008.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	310990  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Cheers, I was wearing that T-shirt yesterday, actually not the exact one, that got tore up when I crashed in the snow the next day trying to overtake a 150 in the dipper, but I was given a replacement. The original was given to Darbi wgtn who supplied them and hung on the wall for a few weeks.
    Thanks Dave.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm sick of this shit. The pain, interrupted sleep. Opiates gave me wicked constipation and some of the worst pain of this episode. Lacitives and proctosol have finally cleared it but with bowel feeling unsettled so like being sick and feeling miserable, but with the ribs esp I can't sleep lying flat and moving is a considered activity with consequences.

Can't play with the kids, can't even look after them, can't work in the garage, can't go see friends as I can't drive. And of course I can't ride motorbikes.

But on the positive side they have decided to plate the clavicle, and better yet there was a slot on Tuesday. That would save 5 months over last time. And that is good. Edit oops already mentioned this.
    About 5 weeks the ribs should have knitted and I should be able to do most things again with caution. Won't be able to risk the dirt bike for somewhat longer but the road bike is possible.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Try sleeping in a chair. Doesn't have to be a recliner, but that helps. Being able to relax the arms with no weight on either is very good.
    Being somewhat upright, less fluid in the lungs too so less breathing difficulty.
    gravity helps the bowels too...

Send the wife out for a pack of Speights - very good laxative in my experience.

You've just got to stop the kids jumping on you while you're dozing in a drunken/drugged stupor.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm in a chair now and slept here the night before when it is too painful in bed I get up and come here. I have a beach chair apparatus I have on loan from the hospital for propping me up in bed but chair may be better. Recliner handle on wrong arm side so I'm using a table.
    Sadly my daughter (and son) are autistic and she needs plenty of rough housing, & she doesn't understand Daddy can't `upside down,upside down` at the moment.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Sounds to me like your racing career has been hanging by a thread for some time...makes your sig rather ironic.

Like you, bed till it's too painful, then a chair. Not for the same reasons though, mainly just age....

No local substitutes for the required kid playtimes ?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Riding and racing in particular has been a great release from life's other pressures.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'm sick of this shit. The pain, interrupted sleep. Opiates gave me wicked constipation and some of the worst pain of this episode. Lacitives and proctosol have finally cleared it but with bowel feeling unsettled so like being sick and feeling miserable, but with the ribs esp I can't sleep lying flat and moving is a considered activity with consequences.

Can't play with the kids, can't even look after them, can't work in the garage, can't go see friends as I can't drive. And of course I can't ride motorbikes.

But on the positive side they have decided to plate the clavicle, and better yet there was a slot on Tuesday. That would save 5 months over last time. And that is good. Edit oops already mentioned this.
    About 5 weeks the ribs should have knitted and I should be able to do most things again with caution. Won't be able to risk the dirt bike for somewhat longer but the road bike is possible.
    Sounds like an appropriate time to consider hanging up the leathers old chap...

Bike
    BSA A10
    You need to take a up a nice safe sport like Sidecar racing
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I've decided to park the race bikes at least until the kids aren't so dependant, might get someone else on the seat for a few races and see if I find any pleasure from that. I'd like another trials bike.
    You can hurt yourself on anything, but this has become too much of a habit. I was only getting disappointed at my speed of late. Some days I could, but many I was not really doin it.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Yeah I've decided to park the race bikes at least until the kids aren't so dependant, might get someone else on the seat for a few races and see if I find any pleasure from that. I'd like another trials bike.
    You can hurt yourself on anything, but this has become too much of a habit. I was only getting disappointed at my speed of late. Some days I could, but many I was not really doin it.
    That's the pain and frustration talking...simply postpone any decision making. By the time you're fit circumstances may have changed.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well that's why I've been using the term park rather than sell, but I have stalled the set of leathers measured up for and will pay for work so far (only a mock cotton fit suit).

Bike
    Blade '12

I broke my clavicle and scapula about 18 months ago thanks to a U turning muppet. Agony. Big drugs. 3 months off work. Thankfully no ribs. You've scored the jackpot unfortunately.

Soooo boring. I bought a Kindle and read a heap of books... when I could stay awake. And lots of walking to try and stay active.... other than that I got nothing except sympathy.

Thread Information