Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken bones; A-weight-ting is the hardest paart

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    I broke my clavicle and scapula about 18 months ago thanks to a U turning muppet. Agony. Big drugs. 3 months off work. Thankfully no ribs. You've scored the jackpot unfortunately.

Soooo boring. I bought a Kindle and read a heap of books... when I could stay awake. And lots of walking to try and stay active.... other than that I got nothing except sympathy.
    Thanks man. I thought I'd broken my shoulder blade too as it hurt up there. Its supposed to be painful, but it was the ribs instead. Probably easier to heal ribs and 3 months off work would be the end of my job. Tough times bud I'll try stop my whinging. I'll be back at work in a few days I suspect.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Argh except this. So my wife just says `so when are you last able to eat?`
    Ahh crap, 5:30. I forgot. This means I'll not only miss lunch, but I'll miss breakfast too. Oh woe is me.

First world problems huh?

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Thanks man. I thought I'd broken my shoulder blade too as it hurt up there. Its supposed to be painful, but it was the ribs instead. Probably easier to heal ribs and 3 months off work would be the end of my job. Tough times bud I'll try stop my whinging. I'll be back at work in a few days I suspect.
    Cool. I'm glad it's not the collar bone. Cracked ribs suck arse too though... and a bunch of them doesn't bear thinking about :-)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Oh def the collar bone. I lie here having woken about 4 hrs ago with a new plate fitted to it. It's a hook plate like before so it is a bit intrusive on the joint. Hurt like buggery when I came around but eventually they dialed the drugs up enough.

Will be nice to be able to get out of bed without feeling the two ends flicking across each other. Staff here are great.

Plate will have to come out end of year I guess but this is the beginning of the healing process and I am happy.

Thanks for all the support it has been nice.

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    ..... Staff here are great.

Plate will have to come out end of year I guess but this is the beginning of the healing process and I am happy.

Thanks for all the support it has been nice.
    Happy for you the staff are looking after ya well - bit hit an miss in Hastings - had several nurses that hated motorbikes and motorcyclists and were none to shy in letting me know about it. One old girl told me right out of surgery that I deserved every thing I got for riding a motorbike despite the crash not being my fault....made me feel real swell. They see a few injuries I suspect though......wonder how they get along with fat folks and their heart and kidney problems?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Happy for you the staff are looking after ya well - bit hit an miss in Hastings - had several nurses that hated motorbikes and motorcyclists and were none to shy in letting me know about it. One old girl told me right out of surgery that I deserved every thing I got for riding a motorbike despite the crash not being my fault....made me feel real swell. They see a few injuries I suspect though......wonder how they get along with fat folks and their heart and kidney problems?
    Ha - here in canty it can be a bit hit or miss. Post the first lot of stenting, waiting to be OK'd for discharge, a Registrar comes round with a load of students.
    They're just out in the corridor and i hear him say - "Ha, extensive stenting, that'll teach Mr Thomas...."
    i sat up and called him in and in front of the students, gave him a bollocking cos i haven't ever smoked, don't drink. eat healthy but yes, slightly overweight...
    I told him i came from 5 generations of known heart disease and how the fuck could i escape that pray tell...
    Stunned students and an apology from him...I've dealt with him since and he's the soul of courtesy....
    His boss is way better though.

Carry on dave, keep us posted as to progress.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Dear oh dear. They've been great here. Was going to be discharged at 11 but concerns about chest infection possibly picked up here. Oh goody.

More xray and blood test. Decided can be sorted at home. Due to go home soon.

Feeling not too bad so hopefully will all clear up. .

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    but yes, slightly overweight...
    Only slightly?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Only slightly?
    ...he is quite tall...

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Happy for you the staff are looking after ya well - bit hit an miss in Hastings - had several nurses that hated motorbikes and motorcyclists and were none to shy in letting me know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Ha - here in canty it can be a bit hit or miss.
    I married an ED nurse. Thought I had the injury problem covered. Several times she's refused to take me to ED because I'd embarrass her.

Now the bloody daughter's in on the act.

Good luck Dave, I like the idea of a trials bike, I probably need to trade in the 525 for something similar too...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Only slightly?
    Shuddup you....

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...he is quite tall...
    Lying down..

this is dave's thread, I was trying to make him feel better...I know, probable fail.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I almost txtd the guys who bought my last Trials bike to see if they are close to upgrade time or in a year maybe. I'll see where my money is at later.

So taking the antibiotics cause I don't want phenomena, hold on a minute. . .

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    Now that you are screwed you will heal faster.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I almost txtd the guys who bought my last Trials bike to see if they are close to upgrade time or in a year maybe. I'll see where my money is at later.

So taking the antibiotics cause I don't want phenomena, hold on a minute. . .
    I know a guy with a (303?, monoshock, radial head) Fantic I quite fancy. You could trail ride it and sit down occasionally. I keep thinking I should go make an offer ha can't refuse. But then I'd be expected to turn up at formal occasions to be ridiculed. Again.

Sod it, at least with a twinshock I've got some excuse...
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I had a GG200 `00 flavour for many years. Easy to ride, didn't bother with the formal rides. Land access is a problem compared with back then.

Rest day, don't seem to have got worse in chest but xrays did show still some collapse and fluid in lungs. Ribs starting to knit I think. Hooray. Back to work for a couple of hours tomorrow where a bollocking awaits apparently, super.

Put in perspective our friends down the road, the chap had a stoke the night before so wife was babysitting last night, we were having drinks the day before, and he's not even 40. Hopefully he'll recover but skinny young proper fit and still life can throw things at ya.

Thread Information