Page 240 of 534 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    So i don't have a 250 for my license next week

The GPX has a WOF (although not according to carjam?) but Marie hasn't paid the rego (she rides it everyday not me figured she would take care of it!).

Tried Ham Honda they have an XR250 but not so sure about riding a dual purpose for the first time while sitting a test...

Could rego the GPX but that would mean finding money that i dont have from somewhere.
    Road and sport have a GN250 for day hire at $70 I think. Otherwise someone may be able to loan you a bike. what day and what time??

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeen View Post
    A few of these guys are meeting at Momento on Hood St to sort a ride for this Weekend, check out the Waikato tag o rama thread.
    Meet for coffee to discuss Saturday 4 June 10.00 am at Momento corner Victoria and Hood Streets
    Are you riding Saturday or looking to organise a ride for the Sunday (or Monday)???

Saturday 4 Cloudy, outbreaks of rain developing. Gusty northeasterlies.
    Sunday 5 Rain easing to a few showers. Northerlies dying away.
    Monday 6 A few showers. Northwest breezes.

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Are you riding Saturday or looking to organise a ride for the Sunday (or Monday)???

Saturday 4 Cloudy, outbreaks of rain developing. Gusty northeasterlies.
    Sunday 5 Rain easing to a few showers. Northerlies dying away.
    Monday 6 A few showers. Northwest breezes.
    STJim is the guy organizing it. I just copied and pasted it for Wysper
    It's all Shits and Giggles until someone Giggles and Shits

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Road and sport have a GN250 for day hire at $70 I think. Otherwise someone may be able to loan you a bike. what day and what time??
    Friday 10th of June. Will need a bike from roughly 1pm - 3:30pm. Don't want to be a pain and borrow someones bikes so will see what other stores have. $70 day hire is what it would cost to register the GPX anyway (or close enough!). Have a week to organise it so no panic yet.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    STJim is the guy organizing it. I just copied and pasted it for Wysper
    Is it a Ulysses ride or Tag or rama ride then?? Will ask Jim at Te Rapa 2night. He usually shows up!!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    Hi all. First time poster on here. I just traded the Adventure bike on my new roadbike and am looking for some people to ride with in the Hamilton area. Hope this is the right forum to join. How and where are the rides organized from. Would love to join and meet few KBers from here. Cheers
    Hi 5150, welcome. there are a number of rides available in Hamilton - Ulysses are quite active, (Jim generally meets with us at Te rapa tavern Wednesday nights) Honda ran a Thursday night ride i think and Boyds have regular rides?? (both tend to be faster paced rides) and We (LOR) generally ride Sunday mornings afternoons. If you want to search back through this thread and the preceeding thread (search back a long way) we are pretty much a social group with the emphasis being on the ride and making the destination safely. (We are not there to race) We have a number of female riders and pillions that come along and while the leaders are very good riders and travel at higher speeds we have a group (me, myself and I) that travel at the back to match the slowest speed. we try not to lose anyone and accommodate all levels of skills and size of bikes. rides stop for a coffee break along the way and are generally weather or event dependent. More often than not if a ride is organised it will go in the calendar section (the one on Sunday didnt for some reason?). Be nice to see you along or at the "clubrroms" on a Wednesday some time (bout 5.30-6pm), generally all travel by car to the clubrroms on Wednesday so you may find us at a table by all the TV screens if you come along.

Yes I'm bored today and counting down to 5ish!!
    Last edited by Murray; 1st June 2011 at 14:06. Reason: day corrected by aristocrat

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries

It's A Tag or rama ride

Is it a Ulysses ride or Tag or rama ride then?? Will ask Jim at Te Rapa 2night. He usually shows up!!
    Murray Ulysses is doing nothing this weekend. Looking at a ride to recover the tag and to plant it back in the Waikato.

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    ... Honda run a Wednesday night ride i think and Boyds have regular rides?? (both tend to be faster paced rides)
    The Honda hamilton rides were Thursday evenings, but they haven't sent out a ride notification in quite a few weeks; I think they've gone into hibernation for winter as it gets dark early now.

As for the Boyd rides, things have changed. Gone are the glory days of cannon-ball runs watching Glenn wring the last few revs out of a VFR; it's a rather sedate, scenic tour these days. My Dad beat them all (myself excluded) to Nikau Cave ... in a Hiace van. Do the maths. Some quick guys still go on the over-nighter's though. Either way, get hold of Glenn and go on their email list; he quite often sends out last-minute rides like the run over to Browny's cafe near Katikati on Sunday 22nd May.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Murray Ulysses is doing nothing this weekend. Looking at a ride to recover the tag and to plant it back in the Waikato.
    Keep us updated, may come along depending on when??? Where is it at the moment???

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Hi 5150, welcome. there are a number of rides available in Hamilton - Ulysses are quite active, (Jim generally meets with us at Te rapa tavern Wednesday nights) Honda ran a Thursday night ride i think and Boyds have regular rides?? (both tend to be faster paced rides) and We (LOR) generally ride Sunday mornings afternoons. If you want to search back through this thread and the preceeding thread (search back a long way) we are pretty much a social group with the emphasis being on the ride and making the destination safely. (We are not there to race) We have a number of female riders and pillions that come along and while the leaders are very good riders and travel at higher speeds we have a group (me, myself and I) that travel at the back to match the slowest speed. we try not to lose anyone and accommodate all levels of skills and size of bikes. rides stop for a coffee break along the way and are generally weather or event dependent. More often than not if a ride is organised it will go in the calendar section (the one on Sunday didnt for some reason?). Be nice to see you along or at the "clubrroms" on a Wednesday some time (bout 5.30-6pm), generally all travel by car to the clubrroms on Wednesday so you may find us at a table by all the TV screens if you come along.

Yes I'm bored today and counting down to 5ish!!
    Thanks for the welcome.

I know Glenn at Boyds very well and occasionally go on his rides or trips. By clubrooms I take it you mean Te Rapa Tavern
    I will be keen to make to most or at least some of your guys rides. Either with the wife on the back or by my self. So look forward to meeting you all. This week and weekend is kind of already planed out for me, but next Wednesday night is a definate starter for me followed by a weekend ride

See you all out there
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STJim View Post
    Blimey! I can't push my bike that far!

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Quote Originally Posted by wysper View Post
    Blimey! I can't push my bike that far!
    Try riding it then

Bike
    speed speed SPEED
    Sorry, had a crap day and needed a laugh. Thinking about some sort of inflammatory remark regarding Harleys, but my minds gone blank.......

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, had a crap day and needed a laugh. Thinking about some sort of inflammatory remark regarding Harleys, but my minds gone blank.......
    Don't worry, it will come to you.
    I have been thinking of something along the lines of...

It is a shame the Trumpys need an extra cylinder to try and keep up with the harleys....but since you are faster than me it seemed a little pointless LOL

Bike
    Sportster
    Blog Entries
    Try riding it then
    But if I do that it might get dirty!!

Thread Information