Page 260 of 534 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 7996

Thread: Laxed out rides

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Came through Maungatautari Road this morning. Quite a lot of loose metal on that one too. Oh and no signs of course...
    The councils are getting quiet slack lately with signage. And they say we cause most accidents on the road.
    I've spent my money on bikes, booze and babes. The rest I've wasted....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    I would be almost willing to bet that the poor bastard hit grovel or other shit on the road. That road is known for not being exactly nice and clean at best of times.

A while ago mate of mine came around corner on the Ngaruawahia - Waignaro road, and came to grief on a corner, where there was grovel strawn after road works but no roadworks signage was placed to warn traffic. He spent few mnths in hospital then successfully sued the local council and roading company for not indicating that there were roadworks present. They paid for his bike and his loss of wages. Though nothing could fully fix his badly brocken leg.
    Had that around there a few times. One of the reasons I barely ride around that area. Which is a shame since it's a nice road apart from that crap.

Surely, they must have a legal "duty of care" and negligence would have to come into it. It wouldn't be hard to prove. I wonder if this should happen more (the suing part) to get them to sort out the bullshit road laying. They don't need to keep those stupid 30km/h signs up (which they seem to do for far too long. Just keep the "new seal" signs up or sweep the damn road.

Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Came through Maungatautari Road this morning. Quite a lot of loose metal on that one too. Oh and no signs of course...
    Had that there too. Every time I ride that road they have lose gravel with no signs.

When I did my defensive driving course (for me bike ) there was a guy there that worked for Fulton Hogan or one of the other big roading companies. There were 2 bikers in the class and so we told him what the deal is when they forget to put the gravel signs out or take them down too early. Especially on a corner. He didn't actually think about the shit it causes bikes. He was a young guy and generally in charge of the signs so said he'll make sure on all his sites, they stay out until clear.

I thought it would be common sense. Interesting how you look at things differently when they can kill you.

Bike
    Thinking
    FFS dont blame the road, if there is shit on the road, ride around it, and if you cant because your going to fast then why are you?
    What if there was a tractor driving super slow on the corner? a log of firewood, a dead freckin Possum, a giant rock fallen from a cliff, a bottle, anything !

if you cant see the corner is clear and smooth and free of hazards then you should be riding in readiness to stop !

And if you choose to ride fast through a corner you havent or dont check and crash ,boo bloody hoo, you are the road user not the council, its your body that you need to protect not the councils body so take some ownership of it and ride to protect it !

Simple

The council has NO responsibility to provide a race track to plonker bikers to race on, its a public road get over it. shit happens and anything can and will happen be ready for it
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    May be a few of us heading to Kawhia for a coffee on Sunday. Leaving Kingsgate Hotel at 10.30 a.m. sharp. There and back then to the clubrooms to watch the end of Bathurst and rugger knock out games!!! What a way to spend a Sunday

Will put in calendar to see if anyone interested!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post
    FFS dont blame the road, if there is shit on the road, ride around it, and if you cant because your going to fast then why are you?
    What if there was a tractor driving super slow on the corner? a log of firewood, a dead freckin Possum, a giant rock fallen from a cliff, a bottle, anything !

if you cant see the corner is clear and smooth and free of hazards then you should be riding in readiness to stop !

And if you choose to ride fast through a corner you havent or dont check and crash ,boo bloody hoo, you are the road user not the council, its your body that you need to protect not the councils body so take some ownership of it and ride to protect it !

Simple

The council has NO responsibility to provide a race track to plonker bikers to race on, its a public road get over it. shit happens and anything can and will happen be ready for it
    I do agree with you there, but no matter how slow you ride, if there is grovel right on the corner and you have nowhere to go then you still going to loose it even at 30kms. Couple of times on my adv bike I was riding through Gentle Annie, the Taihepy end where there was seal, blind corner, I was doing 35kms because of a hairpin, suddenly there was loose grovel on both lanes, I ended up nearly dropping the bike at that speed because the front end went. Yes you should ride to your ability and prepare that every cage is going to hit you and that every corner will have a nasty surprise, BUT if the councli took their responsibility more seriously then roadworks would not be left unmarked etc.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post

bla bla bla bla Q rant goes here

Don't you worry, I ride VERY much within the confines of the corner. Personally, I wasn't talking about me ever coming off from gravel. I'm talking not knowing whats beyond the corner, riding slower than my granny road pace, and slipping on gravel at low speeds. Hell, even sliding on cow shit a few times. I could see all through the corner, but smelt something so slowed down.

My concern is if you have a 1m deep pothole, not signed, around a 45km/h corner and you are doing 30km/h, the shit is still gonna hit the fan one way or another. Extreme example yes, but even gravel on the road can catch you out doing under the proposed corner speed.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 View Post
    BUT if the councli took their responsibility more seriously then roadworks would not be left unmarked etc.
    And this is also my point. It's got nothing to do with racing or what not. If my industry, if you fail to label something potentially dangerous, YOU are responsible. It's not passing the blame, it's being responsible for your job and providing a duty of care to those that use your "service".

Don't get me wrong, I hate all that shit when people whine that someone else should have protected them or did something else, when it was them that failed to take responsibility first.

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    May be a few of us heading to Kawhia for a coffee on Sunday. Leaving Kingsgate Hotel at 10.30 a.m. sharp. There and back then to the clubrooms to watch the end of Bathurst and rugger knock out games!!! What a way to spend a Sunday

Will put in calendar to see if anyone interested!!
    And you call yaself a beer swinging kiwi male?! Pfft. Only 3 things get done this Sunday, watching, eating, and drinking. If food or drink run out then mother gets sent out to replenish stock (wifey will be watching, eating and drinking as well).

If children are capable of replenishing stock, they can be substituted for mother.

These are the rules.

Bike
    Japanese Zero, Yer mama
    Quote Originally Posted by ckai View Post
    and you call yaself a beer swinging kiwi male?! Pfft. Only 3 things get done this sunday, watching, eating, and drinking. If food or drink run out then mother gets sent out to replenish stock (wifey will be watching, eating and drinking as well).

If children are capable of replenishing stock, they can be substituted for mother.

These are the rules.
    amen!!!!!!

Bike
    '09 GSX-R750, '13 Hayabusa
    I'll be staying at home on Sunday watching Bathurst, probably go for a short ride Saturday morning.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    And you call yaself a beer swinging kiwi male?! Pfft. Only 3 things get done this Sunday, watching, eating, and drinking.These are the rules.
    So whats more kiwi male than going for a bike ride, watching the racing (Bathhurst and the Gee gees) at the pub, then watching the rugby at the pub while chugging back on jugs of beer!!! Riding, Racing, Racing and Rugby

While you: you sit in a lazy chair for the day and sip on your little stubbies and watch an aussie race then fall asleep before the rugby because you have finished your six pack.

Whose the real dinkum Kiwi!!
    Last edited by Murray; 7th October 2011 at 11:15. Reason: removed the poofter reference

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    At least I don't wear ear-rings. So whats more kiwi male than going for a bike ride, watching the racing (Bathhurst and the Gee gees) at the pub, then watching the rugby at the pub while chugging back on jugs of beer!!!

While you: you sit in a lazy chair for the day and sip on your little stubbies and watch an aussie race then fall asleep before the rugby because you have finished your six pack.

The one that falls asleep..?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    So whats more kiwi male than going for a bike ride, watching the racing (Bathhurst and the Gee gees) at the pub, then watching the rugby at the pub while chugging back on jugs of beer!!! Riding, Racing, Racing and Rugby

It's about the commitment. True men, watch the whole race, including build up. You can be excused from build up if you are rebuilding any type of engine.

True men, will ride earlier in the mourning to demonstrate there commitment.

These are the rules

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    And steady on with the 6 pack comment. I only have 3 left They should do nicely.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    And steady on with the 6 pack comment. I only have 3 left They should do nicely.
    Being the man you are you will also be watching Saturday (if its on??) so maybe you need another 3???

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Being the man you are you will also be watching Saturday (if its on??) so maybe you need another 3???
    This is true.

Thread Information